What think ye? Of all the teachings of Jesus Christ what are the top 3 you hold dearest?

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
What 3 teachings of Jesus do you hold closest to your heart? What are the three top teachings of our Lord that have made the greatest impression in your life?

"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
This teaching of Jesus was given to his disciples shortly before Jesus was arrested. I view this teaching as a warning to the twelve who later would suffer death at the hands of wicked men. May I ask why this verse holds great meaning in your life?

This teaching of Jesus was given to his disciples shortly before Jesus was arrested. I view this teaching as a warning to the twelve who later would suffer death at the hands of wicked men. May I ask why this verse holds great meaning in your life?

Because I like guns. I also liked when he cursed the fig tree in Matthew 21:19 and said “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.”

I hate figs.

What 3 teachings of Jesus do you hold closest to your heart? What are the three top teachings of our Lord that have made the greatest impression in your life?

I am the Bread of Life
Sufficient for the day are the day's troubles
Nicodemus "Born again"

I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the One who sent me. (John 6:38)

Our Father in heaven...your will be done... (Matthew 6:10)

"Unless you eat my flesh (teaching) and drink my blood (do it) you can have no life in you."

"I tell you this: For as long as heaven and earth endure, not a letter, not a stroke, will disappear from the law until all that must happen has happened. If any man therefore sets aside even the least of the laws demands, and teaches others to do the same, will have the lowest place in the kingdom of heaven." (to understand what Jesus meant by saying 'lowest place' see genesis 3:14)

Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. (to know what Jesus meant by saying "thy will be done" see genesis 3:14)

The Golden Rule is not a Jesus thing.

It has been around since at least 2000 BCE
Jesus has been around since the beginning of the world. He is the creator of this world. All good things come through him.

matthew 2531 comes to mind
matthew 28:20 where He says that He will be with us always, until the end of the age (as long as we do not sin of course. Sinning egregiously casts Jesus out of our souls.. until we repent ffrom the heart..)

Jesus has been around since the beginning of the world. He is the creator of this world. All good things come through him.
Which has nothing to do with the fact that the Golden Rule didn't have its origin in Christianity.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that the Golden Rule didn't have its origin in Christianity.
Moroni 7:23-26
23 And God also declared unto prophets, by his own mouth, that Christ should come.
24 And behold, there were divers ways that he did manifest things unto the children of men, which were good; and all things which are good cometh of Christ; otherwise men were fallen, and there could no good thing come unto them.
25 Wherefore, by the ministering of angels, and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing; and thus it was until the coming of Christ.
26 And after that he came men also were saved by faith in his name; and by faith, they become the sons of God. And as surely as Christ liveth he spake these words unto our fathers, saying: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back