Whose name do you use for the first commandment?

It seems it is used more by hecklers to insult people of faith.

'Original sin' is merely a two-word summary of why people have such a hard time consistently loving one another and doing right by our neighbors.

In a way, 'Original sin' can be better used as an excuse/reason for stepping outside morals.
It only works on " believers " of the fantasy.

Well, 'fantasy' is another heckle that is over-used towards those who believe and/or have had experiences with spiritual realities. ;)
I've been heckled for my spiritual beliefs by those with religious beliefs. I see little, if any, spirituality in religious beliefs.

I've been heckled for my spiritual beliefs by those with religious beliefs. I see little, if any, spirituality in religious beliefs.
Creating division isn't the best solution. If one has spiritual beliefs, then one automatically has religious beliefs that go with it--and vice-versa. Mark Twain advised, "Don't let schooling interfere with your education." He was not recommending not going to school, just that education extends beyond school.

The same with religion and spirituality. Do not stop with religion, remember spirituality extends beyond religion. Stop with either schooling or religion, and there is no longer a launching point to extend into the beyond.

OP said some Jews say ”Yahway” is an evil god.

First of all, Jews don’t call G-d “Yahway,” I went through Hebrew School, Sunday School, and have participated in 60 years of Jewish services - and never heard the word once. Our names are G-d, HaShem, or Adonoi.

Second, I have never heard a Jew say G-d is evil.

First of all, Jews don’t call G-d “Yahway,” I went through Hebrew School, Sunday School, and have participated in 60 years of Jewish services - and never heard the word once. Our names are G-d, HaShem, or Adonoi.

It's an islamo nazi perversion

Creating division isn't the best solution. If one has spiritual beliefs, then one automatically has religious beliefs that go with it--and vice-versa. Mark Twain advised, "Don't let schooling interfere with your education." He was not recommending not going to school, just that education extends beyond school.

The same with religion and spirituality. Do not stop with religion, remember spirituality extends beyond religion. Stop with either schooling or religion, and there is no longer a launching point to extend into the beyond.
So you believe people that existed before religions developed and those that exist without religious indoctrination do not have spiritual beliefs ? I believe spirituality ( unfortunately ) gave rise to man's creation of religion. The pure belief wasn't enough for some, lack of faith in themselves brought about the need / desire to create religion.

'Original sin' is merely a two-word summary of why people have such a hard time consistently loving one another and doing right by our neighbors.

In a way, 'Original sin' can be better used as an excuse/reason for stepping outside morals.

very astute ...

original sin - is a cornerstone used by 4th century christianities - religion of servitude.

So you believe people that existed before religions developed and those that exist without religious indoctrination do not have spiritual beliefs ?
Not what I am saying in the least. Try again.

I believe spirituality ( unfortunately ) gave rise to man's creation of religion. The pure belief wasn't enough for some, lack of faith in themselves brought about the need / desire to create religion.
Think about it! What came first, school or knowledge? Knowledge, of course and schools were set up to impart knowledge. In the same way, knowledge of the spirit (like physical knowledge) was always available. Religion gathered it in to impart to others.

Are there bad schools? Yep. Doesn't mean we should do away with all schools because personally, we don't like one. In fact, what we should do is improve the school. Think. "I am more knowledgeable than schooled..." is as good as admitting "I am more spiritual than religious." They both mean, I pick up what is easy for me and I don't bother with what is not.

I don't like everything about formal schooling; I don't like everything about formal religion. But I don't look down my nose at them, considering myself (one individual) above them (the many). It is very rare that one person is more knowledgeable or spiritual than a group of many working together. As a whole, the many are more knowledgeable and more spiritual than the one playing hermit because it is so easy not to be bothered with others.

As the cliche says, "What comes easy won't last long, and what lasts long won't come easy."

Whose name do you use for the first commandment?

Jesus who said “he comes to cure and not kill the afflicted”.

Yahweh says he will come to kill, not cure the afflicted.

The one who always kills, has some Jews calling Yahweh a evil god.

I think the term suits.

You could name Spirit, if you are a Trinitarian, but the spirit does not speak in the bible, except to those with a Jesus consciousness, or one who has risen to a Christ consciousness.

Gnostic Christians condemned Yahweh to hell way back when Christians had morals.

We put our myth against theirs and called their God evil, and then the good old inquisitions; instead of trying to win the argument.

Jesus and his Armageddon does not seem to be much better than the genocidal Yahweh.

Most who read this might not agree, --- but if you put any name other than yourself, --- as the spirit that judges the good or evil in the Christian God, --- then you might wonder why you venerate an evil God.

I name Spirit God as I will not go to hell where Yahweh and Jesus are bound to end.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be Matthew.

People hate moral questions.

We are all sinners, thank God; who will sin by accepting to follow one of the Christian Gods?

IMO, Christianity had the potential to be the worlds best religion. It changed and is now failing.

I think it a shame that they will drag Gnostic Christianity down with it.

Who do you name for Commandment # 1?

Regards
DL
Although I don’t think you managed much coherency, I suppose you’re asking what name I use to reference “God.”

Generally, I use the name, “God.”

"Original sin " another great scheme to keep the members of the tribe in their place.
Could that represent our natural inclination to sin?

It seems to as Christian sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to God's plan.

If nature agrees that it is necessary, and she does, should we not all want to sin to maintain our evolution that demands we compete and thus create victims to those competitions.

Regards
DL

Can you speak to my reply to Stan?

Why do you Christians sing that sin as necessary to God's plan, and why would you not sin and thus derail God's plan?

Regards
DL

You have not been talking to the intelligent Jews who recognize that God did not live up to his words to the Jews.

Check with these intelligent and moral Jews.

In Jewry, the oral traditions lead the religion and in it, man is above God.

Jesus reminded us of this when he asks in scriptures, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

Regards
DL

That is not and never has been my song. Have a good day.
That makes you half a Christian, as you are not following their reasoning.

Strange that you do not even know the theology you say you follow.

Thanks for your usual garbage apologetics.

Regards
DL

Although I don’t think you managed much coherency, I suppose you’re asking what name I use to reference “God.”

Generally, I use the name, “God.”
God is a title and not a name.

Your coherency will improve if you use English properly.

Regards
DL

Jesus reminded us of this when he asks in scriptures, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?
On the contrary, Jesus doesn't ask us that. Or have you answered him? What did he think of your answer?

Strange that you do not even know the theology you say you follow.

Thanks for your usual garbage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back