Your favorite bible verse

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Mine are;

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (NIV)

And ..

2 Timothy 2:26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants. (NLT)

Psalm 22:19, 25:2, and 144:1-2. Isiah has some excellent verses too.

I read they sawed Isiah in half, just saying ...

That Jesus must have been cool to hang out with, but He sure got his friends in a lot of trouble.

Yeah, most of them did meet bad endings.

• She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20
  • Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19
  • Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27
  • Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother's milk. Exodus 23:19
  • When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
  • When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12
  • Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
  • You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46
  • Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5
  • Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries. Leviticus 21:17-23

Don't you just love the hypocrisy of it all?

For this is what the Lord says: 'When Babylon's 70 years are complete, I will attend to you and confirm My promise to restore you to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on Me and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and you will find Me when you search for Me with all of your heart.

Jeremiah 29:10-13

Where else can you get a big thumbs up to buying children?

Leviticus 25: 44-45
And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves. Moreover you may buy the children of the strangers who dwell among you, and their families who are with you, which they beget in your land; and they shall become your property.

And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves. Moreover you may buy the children of the strangers who dwell among you, and their families who are with you, which they beget in your land; and they shall become your property.
Jeff Epstein ?

That Jesus must have been cool to hang out with, but He sure got his friends in a lot of trouble.

Yeah, most of them did meet bad endings.
The Deep State was alive and well then too. Evil HATES good. This is SATAN'S world so persecution is to be expected

• She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20
  • Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19
  • Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27
  • Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother's milk. Exodus 23:19
  • When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20
  • When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12
  • Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
  • You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46
  • Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5
  • Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries. Leviticus 21:17-23

Don't you just love the hypocrisy of it all?

Where is the "hypocrisy"?

Dude you copied and pasted a list with no earthly idea of why any of this is good or bad. Just "hypocrisy", that's all.

This is the day the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice. -Psalm 118:24

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. – John 16:33

Where is the "hypocrisy"?

Dude you copied and pasted a list with no earthly idea of why any of this is good or bad. Just "hypocrisy", that's all.
A religion that condones buying children as property while still claiming to be moral is pretty hypocritical, don't you think?

Why take history out of context?

Anyways

1st Corinthians 7:23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.(NIV)

For this is what the Lord says: 'When Babylon's 70 years are complete, I will attend to you and confirm My promise to restore you to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on Me and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and you will find Me when you search for Me with all of your heart.

Jeremiah 29:10-13
Love those verses.

Anyways

1st Corinthians 7:23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.(NIV)

Most Secularists don't even know the difference between Christianity and Judaism. With the exception of Paul's writings in Ephesians and Colossians, most every reference to bondage or slavery was mentioned in the Old Testament, which was pre-Christianity. And of course during the time of the Old Testament, everyone had slaves, as did the the Jews. Even though Romans were still the rulers during the time of Christ and they employed slavery, it wasn't until Christianity that slavery became something that was frowned on.

Anyways

The only context I can see is telling slaves to shut up and get back to work, because a slave should consider their owner almost equal to god. Perhaps you can point out some other context. I'm not sure how many slaves had a choice in whether they became slaves in the first place.

Ephesians 6:5-8 “Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ”

Colossians 3:22-24 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

Titus 2:9 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them.

Forum List

Back