Whoopi Goldberg suggests that Will Smith wasn't removed from Sunday's Oscars because show's bosses didn't want to explain "taking the Black man out"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
So in other words, if it would have been a white actor slapping Chris Rock, all shit would have broken loose.

Whoopi Goldberg Suggests Racial Dynamics Stopped Will Smith Oscars Removal​

Whoopi Goldberg has suggested that Will Smith wasn't removed from Sunday's Oscars after slapping Chris Rock because the show's bosses didn't want to have to explain why they were "taking the Black man out" of the ceremony.

So in other words, if it would have been a white actor slapping Chris Rock, all shit would have broken loose.

She talks through both of her faces. If they would of removed him she would than say they did so because he was black.

If they had removed them, it would have cost a whole bunch of money while he was removed. Besides, they thought it was good to keep him there to give all the rubes watching the program something to talk about the next day. Wasn't racial to keep him there, it was dollars y'all. They didn't want the hassle that a delay would have caused.

Besides.................like I said...............it gives the rubes who watched it something to talk about around the water cooler the next day.

If they had removed them, it would have cost a whole bunch of money while he was removed. Besides, they thought it was good to keep him there to give all the rubes watching the program something to talk about the next day. Wasn't racial to keep him there, it was dollars y'all. They didn't want the hassle that a delay would have caused.

Besides.................like I said...............it gives the rubes who watched it something to talk about around the water cooler the next day.

I sincerely doubt the Academy wanted this sort of thing to be what people were talking about the next day. They wanted people to be talking about who won the best actor, best actress, and which movie won best picture.

Calumny tends to be Whoopi Goldbert's thang. What Whoopi Goldberg missed was that Will Smith committed an act of chivalry in not allowing some vile-mouthed creep to smear his beloved and get off scot free in front of God and everybody.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because a black man had already been taken out in a way and the powers that be didn't want to walk down the road that Will was more than happy to construct?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Will was given the opportunity to have that winning moment to where an apology could be issued and so I can't help but wonder if this whole picture was scripted just to give us all something to talk/war about with each other. Mission accomplished is all that can be said if I am right about their possible intention.

I wonder why he bitch slapped him instead of giving a hard solid punch

I wonder why he bitch slapped him instead of giving a hard solid punch
Good point and one that I made earlier. Could be that if he would have used his fist than there would be charges to face, or
it was a set-up to begin with.

No, what Will smith committed was misdemeanor assault. Nothing else.
Chivalry is more important than a boys-will-be-boys dispute. Badmouthing a good woman has its consequences, and Mr. Rock didn't know it then but he knows it now.

Mr. Rock has been pulled over 3 times in the past 2 months. He wants nothing to do with the police. Speeding is not a minor offense if it causes someone else to crash or experience road rage or worse. Ask any cop.

Last edited:
Chivalry is more important than a boys-will-be-boys dispute. Badmouthing a good woman has its consequences, and Mr. Rock didn't know it then but he knows it now.

Mr. Rock has been pulled over 3 times in the past 2 months. He wants nothing to do with the police. Speeding is not a minor offense if it causes someone else to crash or experience road rage or worse. Ask any cop.
You have a different idea of chivalry than I.

Will Smith is now the most famous man in the world who is more outraged by a comedian having his wife's name in his mouth than he is by another man being in his wife's mouth. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
You have a different idea of chivalry than I.

Will Smith is now the most famous man in the world who is more outraged by a comedian having his wife's name in his mouth than he is by another man being in his wife's mouth.
What's done is done. It was good of Chris Rock to take his lumps and move on.

Forum List

Back