Disturbing Footage Shows White Men Trying To Kick Black Teens Out Of Resort Pool, Man Seen Strangling Child

You are judging whites today by the whites in history, it’s apparent by assuming whites aren’t innocent.
It may seem that way MizMolly but do you truly not understand or believe that there are people living in the U.S. today who adhere to the beliefs established in the United States centuries ago?

If all of this was truly just United States history then yeah they'd be no reason to bring it up other than in a history class however there are far too many racist whites who still believe in the alleged superiority of whites and inferiority of Blacks and will do whatever they can, both personally and collectively to return Black people to our alleged place in society, which they believe is below everyone else.

Payton Gendron and Dylann Roof are still living and breathing as two more recent cases in point.

Supreme Court rejects appeal from Dylann Roof, who killed 9 members of a Black church

Gendron Attorney: Guilty plea possible if federal death penalty off table

Some may have bought slaves to keep families together but it was to enrich themselves. They still were not free.
This is what you still don't understand even after all of this time:
They still were not free.
No Black person could be fully free under the laws of the United States while slavery was the official law of the land, and even not after it was abolished as we well know. Yes there were freedman but their existence was precarious and depended upon mostly good fortune as was depicted in the movie 12 Years a Slave.

Are you talking about the Black people who purchased family members to get them away from slaveowners and overseers who would abuse and exploit them, including whipping them, raping them and fathering children with the female slaves, including young girls, in order to increase their profits by increasing their holdings?

That's not the same type of chattel slavery enforced against people of African descent that the United States set up and engaged in for more than two a centuries by racist whites:

How long did slavery officially last in the United States?​
August 1619 — July 1860

Within several decades of being brought to the American colonies, Africans were stripped of human rights and enslaved as chattel, an enslavement that lasted more than two centuries.
Slavery in America - Timeline - Jim Crow Museum

You have no room for calling anyone a dummy.

Nope. Read the link in the post above yours.

It may seem that way MizMolly but do you truly not understand or believe that there are people living in the U.S. today who adhere to the beliefs established in the United States centuries ago?

If all of this was truly just United States history then yeah they'd be no reason to bring it up other than in a history class however there are far too many racist whites who still believe in the alleged superiority of whites and inferiority of Blacks and will do whatever they can, both personally and collectively to return Black people to our alleged place in society, which they believe is below everyone else.

Payton Gendron and Dylann Roof are still living and breathing as two more recent cases in point.

Supreme Court rejects appeal from Dylann Roof, who killed 9 members of a Black church

Gendron Attorney: Guilty plea possible if federal death penalty off table
Yes, there are still narrow minded people who believe as racists in the past did. It is certainly not even the majority. Good white people who have never done or thought badly towards black people are being judged by others behaviors. Yet black people think it’s racist if whites act that way toward them.

I am not judging anyone, I just call it for what it is.
To assume whites are not innocent is judging. You call whites racists for thinking that way. Whites who live in bad neighborhoods where the majority of crime is committed by blacks are called racist, yet that is their experience. You don’t paint a broad brush by what some do.

To assume whites are not innocent is judging. You call whites racists for thinking that way. Whites who live in bad neighborhoods where the majority of crime is committed by blacks are called racist, yet that is their experience. You don’t paint a broad brush by what some do.
Tell me Molly who was/is responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, racism and discrimination in this country.

Yes, there are still narrow minded people who believe as racists in the past did. It is certainly not even the majority. Good white people who have never done or thought badly towards black people are being judged by others behaviors. Yet black people think it’s racist if whites act that way toward them.
There are plenty of Black people who have good reason to not automatically assume that the whites they encounter in society mean them no harm. But Black people in general have more of a VALID reason for their distrust of whites than whites have ever had for their distrust and biases against Black people. This is simply fact and not due to anything that any of us have done (the Black people currently alive and living in the United States) but is instead due to things that white people both living and deceased have done due to their white supremacists beliefs.

A lot of the things that are complained about on this board came into being because of the actions of white racists, including things that are lamented such as affirmative action even after it was been shown that white women are the largest benefactor of affirmative actions, yet it is still derided by many who simply understand the law and how it works.

How you resolve such a situation? There is plenty of documentation on how to be an anti-racist, how to be a better listener, how not to project your own biases and prejudices onto others, etc. In essence, it takes wanting to change and having the will to following through by doing the work.

There are plenty of Black people who have good reason to not automatically assume that the whites they encounter in society mean them no harm. But Black people in general have more of a VALID reason for their distrust of whites than whites have ever had for their distrust and biases against Black people. This is simply fact and not due to anything that any of us have done (the Black people currently alive and living in the United States) but is instead due to things that white people both living and deceased have done due to their white supremacists beliefs.

A lot of the things that are complained about on this board came into being because of the actions of white racists, including things that are lamented such as affirmative action even after it was been shown that white women are the largest benefactor of affirmative actions, yet it is still derided by many who simply understand the law and how it works.

How you resolve such a situation? There is plenty of documentation on how to be an anti-racist, how to be a better listener, how not to project your own biases and prejudices onto others, etc. In essence, it takes wanting to change and having the will to following through by doing the work.
When black people raise their children to distrust white people, they have a chip on their shoulders and wonder why whites aren’t nice to them. Hate the people who treat you wrong, not the race.

Very few today, you know that
Uh..Hello? I was born in 1946..and well remember Jim and Juan Crow. Jim Crow officially ended with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964...but it persisted in the South for another decade, at least. I was in the Navy as it was racked by race riots...and I well remember the Civil Rights struggles of the 1960's and 1970's. I remember Chavez Ravine and the corrupt dispossession of thousands of Mexican-Americans--to build a Baseball stadium and make a bunch of money--by White people.

Your contention seems to be that Racism has long-ended--just a cursory look around should tell you differently.

I got to tell you..that when I hear people make statements like, 'racism isn't just Whites'..I wonder at their motives. Racism, in the US, is pretty much all about Whites. If you are referring to Black/Asian prejudice..or really any other, I remind you that is was SOLELY White people who founded this country..drafted the Constitution that codified slavery..drafted the laws that denied Oriental people the right to vote..or hold citizenship. White folks that robbed the native Americans..and White people who stole the lands legally granted the Spanish and Mexican population, and guaranteed by Treaty, in the Southwest and California.

Do you wonder that other races followed the mainstream cultural leadership? It might not have been ethical..but it sure is human.

Our culture was founded..and still largely remains...favorable to White folks..especially White men..and particularly Rich White men.

White privilege just means that it was..and is...easier for White folk. It emphatically does not mean all White people are Racist..or prejudiced against minorities.

But if the shoe fits.....

Uh..Hello? I was born in 1946..and well remember Jim and Juan Crow. Jim Crow officially ended with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964...but it persisted in the South for another decade, at least. I was in the Navy as it was racked by race riots...and I well remember the Civil Rights struggles of the 1960's and 1970's. I remember Chavez Ravine and the corrupt dispossession of thousands of Mexican-Americans--to build a Baseball stadium and make a bunch of money--by White people.

Your contention seems to be that Racism has long-ended--just a cursory look around should tell you differently.

I got to tell you..that when I hear people make statements like, 'racism isn't just Whites'..I wonder at their motives. Racism, in the US, is pretty much all about Whites. If you are referring to Black/Asian prejudice..or really any other, I remind you that is was SOLELY White people who founded this country..drafted the Constitution that codified slavery..drafted the laws that denied Oriental people the right to vote..or hold citizenship. White folks that robbed the native Americans..and White people who stole the lands legally granted the Spanish and Mexican population, and guaranteed by Treaty, in the Southwest and California.

Do you wonder that other races followed the mainstream cultural leadership? It might not have been ethical..but it sure is human.

Our culture was founded..and still largely remains...favorable to White folks..especially White men..and particularly Rich White men.

White privilege just means that it was..and is...easier for White folk. It emphatically does not mean all White people are Racist..or prejudiced against minorities.

But if the shoe fits.....
Never said racism ended. To say that only whites are racist is wrong. The older people during Jim Crow that had any power are pretty much gone. Slavery is over, Jim Crow is over, lynchings are over. Blame those responsible for those horrors, not whites just because of their skin color.

When did I claim it did?

Whites like you try to downplay the injustices, racism and discrimination that black folks have had to endure in this country for over 400yrs.
Whites like me are sick and tired of being called racist, whites like me are sick and tired that everything negative is blamed on race, falsely. Whites like me are NOT downplaying racism. Whites like me can acknowledge that while racism still exists, it is not as widespread as blacks like you want to believe. You are the one stating that white people who came up during Jim Crow are still alive. That statement insinuated that those whites are racists.

When black people raise their children to distrust white people, they have a chip on their shoulders and wonder why whites aren’t nice to them. Hate the people who treat you wrong, not the race.
You're assuming that Black people raise their children to distrust whites. That doesn't even come close to being true for most Black people.

I formed my opinions from reading books while growing up starting around grade school, probably around age 8. My parents never taught us anything about white people as if they were a separate entity, they were just people who happened to be white. I was under the impression that they just considered us beneath them and had no use for us however not through any fault of our own. I made the decision as an 8 year old to never have anything to do with them.

Eventually I grew to understand from attending a very diverse middle school and later on after having exposure to the corporate world (and in other instances) that my way of thinking was as wrong as theirs since I was prejudging an entire race of people on the actions of a specific group of individuals. Eventually at some point during my upbringing we (my siblings & I of which I am the oldest) understood that when we did on occasion happen to come across racists that they were the ones with the problem not us. Furthermore, most of the whites I encountered through family members and friends, the parents of friends of my siblings, classmates, etc. were not hostile towards me at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's never ever really been an issue. Even today, I don't expect it but I know how to deal with it when I do encounter it. College was interesting because the population was predominantly white (and male) and I don't mean 51%, more like 98%.

U.S. Message Board though has been a unique experience though because most white in real life only behave the way the ones here do when they're in groups and their targets are alone (blatantly racist, threatening and violent)

You're assuming that Black people raise their children to distrust whites. That doesn't even come close to being true for most Black people.

I formed my opinions from reading books while growing up starting around grade school, probably around age 8. My parents never taught us anything about white people as if they were a separate entity, they were just people who happened to be white. I was under the impression that they just considered us beneath them and had no use for us however not through any fault of our own. I made the decision as an 8 year old to never have anything to do with them.

Eventually I grew to understand from attending a very diverse middle school and later on after having exposure to the corporate world (and in other instances) that my way of thinking was as wrong as theirs since I was prejudging an entire race of people on the actions of a specific group of individuals. Eventually at some point during my upbringing we (my siblings & I of which I am the oldest) understood that when we did on occasion happen to come across racists that they were the ones with the problem not us. Furthermore, most of the whites I encountered through family members and friends, the parents of friends of my siblings, classmates, etc. were not hostile towards me at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's never ever really been an issue. Even today, I don't expect it but I know how to deal with it when I do encounter it. College was interesting because the population was predominantly white (and male) and I don't mean 51%, more like 98%.

U.S. Message Board though has been a unique experience though because most white in real life only behave the way the ones here do when they're in groups and their targets are alone (blatantly racist, threatening and violent)
Most of the black people I have personally known have been wonderful. The best supervisor I ever had was a black woman. In my working career I have worked with as many, if not more, assholes that were white. The only issue I had is when a black employee was fired they blamed it on race, which was not the reason. Whites were fired for the same reason, bad attendance, lying on job application, bad driving record, etc.

Forum List

Back