Attention....quoted material from an honest black man.

Ephesians 5:22-24: “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.”

Not me and I've been married to over 36 years.
not sure why this is here but I always find it interesting how people quote that part of the bible in criticism and cut it off there. The very next verse it talks about the husbands duty to the wife

"25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might [a]sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself."

The verse you quoted doesn't mean that wives are to be subservient or less than their husbands.

Ephesians 5:22-24: “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.”

Why not read the context, Pennie....don't just pick and choose. :rolleyes-41:

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

I normally don't engage w/ignorant posters like you, but can you explain how single black mothers had anything to do w/the Nichols beating?

Or gang violence, unless you're referring to America's biggest gang...the thugs in blue.
You ARE an ignorant poster, Malcolm ExLax.

People like you always attack the guy espousing a belief which differs from yours, using epithets like “Tom” etc when the other guy happens to be a black man.

While his expressed concern over the “plight” of black people in America allegedly being rooted in a matriarchal culture may be wrong (or off base), at least that is a facet of what he said. It can be debated. But your criticisms tend to go beyond such points.

When it comes to what happened to Tyre Nichols, the guys in blue involved in that disgraceful incident aren’t getting much support from Anybody.

You ARE an ignorant poster, Malcolm ExLax.

People like you always attack the guy espousing a belief which differs from yours, using epithets like “Tom” etc when the other guy happens to be a black man.

While his expressed concern over the “plight” of black people in America allegedly being rooted in a matriarchal culture may be wrong (or off base), at least that is a facet of what he said. It can be debated. But your criticisms tend to go beyond such points.

When it comes to what happened to Tyre Nichols, the guys in blue involved in that disgraceful incident aren’t getting much support from Anybody.
I asked a question dude. What the heck is your problem?

humans kill because humans are killers..

No inherently.
Humans came from primates that developed strong social bonding so they could survive down from the trees.
Like Meerkats, without claw, fang, armor, or speed.
Humans inherently have an ethic against killing.
When humans do kill, it is because something wrong happened that trained them to become killers.

He's an intelligent and courageous man. He's certainly on to something with respect to the destruction of the Black family. Whether it's the whole story is another matter.

I wonder if a competent social scientist -- one without an overt political agenda -- has looked at the Hispanic community, and its problems, and their causes.

And of course the destruction of the family has spread to whites -- see Charles Murray's Coming Apart.

No inherently.
Humans came from primates that developed strong social bonding so they could survive down from the trees.
When humans do kill, it is because something wrong happened that trained them to become killers.
Within their own tribe, yes. But towards other tribes ....

That's all ya got? Did I tell you that my prosaic simile software pegs you for a mid forties White guy?
Is that who you really are? I have always though that you might be one .... if not then I think you might have
had a white college professor who imprinted his identity on your brain.
Would you mind providing a link to the software you referenced. I'm very interested in learning more about it, it sounds very interesting.

So? fish swarms or Dolphin groups do the same - doesn't mean other fish wouldn't attack them or eat them or vice versa.
Male lions eat their own cubs and attack/kill any other male Lion who threatens their domination.
Monkey's are very violent animals within and outside their own community.

You got a bunch of cats in your home? some are caring and tender with each others, and some (mostly physically stronger) love to ambush and attack them, even bite and hurt them.
That is why humans ain't Meerkat's - they developed essential tooling skills - first a club and then a club with a a racer sharp stone.
Sure, it's called "fear towards retribution" - who ever gets killed or murdered has relatives and friends. As such that kind of occurrence likely causes disharmony within a tribe or community.
Got some cat's at home? sometimes two or three group together to fight off or deter another aggressive cat - after that the aggressive bugger stay's in hiding for a couple of days since he/she is scared shitless. Same happens in school sometimes with the bully.
John Hinckley Jr. wasn't a trained assassin or killer - just a mental retard. People sometimes kill because they want something they are not willing to work for, or they simply develop hatred towards others who they deem to infringe onto their personal rights or threaten their convictions. (e.g. terrorists) That ALL scrupulous politicians or religious leaders (no matter their party/religious allegiance) make use of - exploit - such issues is understood.

I normally don't engage w/ignorant posters like you, but can you explain how single black mothers had anything to do w/the Nichols beating?

Or gang violence, unless you're referring to America's biggest gang...the thugs in blue.
Matriarchal societies are by and large bastions of dysfunctionality. He's not blaming black women. He's blaming the sub set of American culture.

Tyre Nichols didn't live with a single mother. He was not in a gang. He graduated from high school and was gainfully employed. His murder by police left a single mother. Jasson Whitlock is not honest and the racist scumbag who posted the OP makes that claim only because Whitlock acts as a validator for his racist beliefs. Jason Whitlock is not the person to listen to relative to social problems..

Last edited:
Didn't read it...automatically scrolled to the bottom to post this.

100% chance that the OP Agees with the person he cited. Meaning that if someone says something he doesn't agree with...they are "lying" to him.

Conservatives crack me up.

Tyre Nichols didn't live with a single mother. He was not in a gang. He graduated from high school and was gainfully employed. His murder by police left a single mother. Jasson Whitlock is not honest and the racist scumbag who posted the OP makes that claim only because Whitlock acts as a validator for his racist beliefs. Jason Whitlock is not the person to listen to relative to social problems..
But he did grow up in that cultural surround....which is the exact point that Whitlock is making...and it is not specifically about the black community either. If you read it honestly you will not see any finger pointed specifically at black skin only black culture such as it is in North America in the past fifty years. Prior to that the black American Family unit was a strong one. Hell....Elvis was more black that white...

JO

Sorry, but this is historically proven wrong.
Humans were hunter/gathers for over a million years, and then since the women stayed home and ran the villages, all the official roles of power were done by women.
The men were always out hunting, so could not do the role of village leader.
Even recent Polynesian and Hawaiian cultures preserve his historic tradition of female dominance.
In fact, there is little evidence to support monogamy, since the women with the most hunter men supporting them, did the best.

But he did grow up in that cultural surround....which is the exact point that Whitlock is making...and it is not specifically about the black community either. If you read it honestly you will not see any finger pointed specifically at black skin only black culture such as it is in North America in the past fifty years. Prior to that the black American Family unit was a strong one. Hell....Elvis was more black that white...

JO
Whitlock is a dumb ass who was a sports reporter. Stop being white trying to tell me how things are for black people. Whitlock is wrong and your opinion is wrong. The problem is cotinuing white racism and some lard ass who couldn't play football at Ball State is not the person to listen to on matters of sociology.

Forum List

Back