Who Taught You To Hate The United States Postal Service?

Outdated business model for the 21st century.

In fairness, it's not really a "business model", since their mandate is something other than making a profit.
The US Post Office mandate is if you have a registered address and a mail box, you have to receive mail. Something that Federal Express et Al doesn't have to do.
not true....i had people who had PO boxes and they told me please do not put anything in the box because they wont be checking it...so anything they got i wasted or returned it to sender with an explanation per their orders.....
i had people

What people were those? Were/are you a mail carrier for the USPS?
yes i was..... and those people lived on my route....
Why would people NOT want their mail?

I very rarely check my mail, unless I've actually requested something to be sent to me. The vast majority of what comes in my mailbox gets chucked in the trash before I even leave the mailbox store.
I'm sure the mailbox store appreciates mail falling out of your box. You can opt-out of receiving non-first class mail.

I have no idea what you're babbling about. Which is the one thing you and I have in common, because you clearly have no idea what you're babbling about, either.

Should my box become full before I go by to check it - which is unlikely, because I very rarely opt for paper mail from anyone I do business with - they put it in a storage box and put a note in my mailbox to let me know. And before you start whinging at me about "putting them to extra effort" or some other such lazy leftist twaddle, don't bother. That is part of the service for which I pay. I am not giving them money so that I can accommodate THEIR convenience; I am giving them money for them to accommodate mine.

Most of the small amount of mail I get was not requested by me, and therefore is not something I give much of a shit about one way or another.
WOW!!!!

I agree with Obama that there really isn't much need for the USPS anymore.
Seems Obama doesn't agree with you.

Seems like Obama says whatever suits his purposes at the moment. Which we already knew.

I believe he's also a liar, or speaking about topics he's so abysmally ignorant of that he should shut up.

1) Social Security doesn't send out paper checks any more. They either pay people by direct deposit, or by direct express debit card.

2) Prescription drugs don't have to be shipped by USPS. They can be shipped by both UPS and FedEx.

3) Likewise, businesses can also ship by UPS and FedEx.

The United States Postal Service delivers to EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. UPS and FedEx don't.

In fairness, it's not really a "business model", since their mandate is something other than making a profit.
The US Post Office mandate is if you have a registered address and a mail box, you have to receive mail. Something that Federal Express et Al doesn't have to do.
not true....i had people who had PO boxes and they told me please do not put anything in the box because they wont be checking it...so anything they got i wasted or returned it to sender with an explanation per their orders.....
i had people

because they were paying for a PO box and that was were they wanted their mail to go...they told me even if its first class send it back,as far they are concerned their family and people they do business with all had the PO box add......so any first class i endorsed it "no street delivery customer has a PO box" and sent it back to the sender.......
So it's mail that was addressed incorrectly?
yes and no.....it had a good street address but the person living at that address had a PO box and instructed me that he wanted no mail at the street address.....he has the say in that....so i delivered no mail there....the only mail he would get is 3rd class which i just wasted....
The post office is paid to deliver 3rd class mail. How is that wasted?
if its no good,like the place is vacant or the name on it is someone who no longer lives there,its no good, so they have a bin that you endorse the bundle from your route rubber band it and dump it in.....if they want it back it will say something like "address correction requested" so they can up date their mailing lists and those ones are returned....but just regular junk mail gets tossed....a clerk will go through all the wasted ones to make sure nothing is getting wasted that someone might have missed.....
You missed the point. Is the United States Postal Service paid to deliver 3rd class mail? Yes or No?

"To avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail, I am suspending these initiatives until after the election is concluded," DeJoy said in a statement. He went on to say that between now and Election Day, retail hours at post offices will not change, no mail processing facilities will be closed, mail processing equipment and collection boxes will remain in place and that overtime for workers will be approved when needed."

All mail-in ballot fear-mongering aside -- I've never understood where this hatred for the post office stems from -- aside from a desire by donors to privatize it -- which I am sure is Louis Dejoy's wet dream...but exactly why do we feel the post office is suppose to turn a profit in order to offer a good service to Americans??

View attachment 376548

91% of Americans favorably approve of the Postal Service, that is the highest among any government agency -- and this is the same agency who are forced to fully fund employee pensions 75 years into the future -- and this is who we are complaining about not turning a profit?

It is called the Postal Service in the Constitution for a reason, not to provide a profit to shareholders, but to provide a service to Americans, just like the police department and the fire department -- both of which are not required to make a profit...
Horrible, lazy service
lets see you get out there and deliver mail in pouring rain in 40 degree weather.....lets see how lazy you are.....
Give me a break......now they have some punk in an SUV take it to some centralized lockers and make us all have car accidents to get our mail. Its never on time. Service at the Post Office? Give me a break whiner. For such a well paid, government funded position I am not getting my money's worth
the only one whining here is you.....and i bet when it rains you sit in your nice office looking out the window.....they have a time limit to deliver the mail?....what time is that?....
No, I am stating clear facts. Overpaid, underperforming...paid for by me. But that is the libber mantra for a well oiled machine right snowflake??
they get paid by the PO not by you.....snowflakes dont work outside they cant handle it..... snowflakes work in doors...right snowflake?....
Snowflakes are sitting at home making more than when they work....so snowflakes dont work at all....right snowflake?
are you describing yourself?.....
Not at all, describing you. I havent stopped working as I am not a Democrat dreg.
i put my 33 years in.....and if you knew anything about the people here you would know i cant stand the democrats....but then you have only been here 5 minutes so what would you know?....
Valid point....I apologize for jumping to any conclusion about your politics. I put my 25 in as a naval officer but am still working. As for the Post Office, just not a fan but that is just my experience.
accepted..... i have a bad knee that had surgery from stepping into a hole covered by grass, a bad lower back from jumping in and out of the truck all those years,a common UPS injury the driver on my route told me,and i have had enough of the bullshit i took all those years from postal management and the many civilians you have to put up with out there.....i have no desire to get up and go to a job anymore...i am glad i no longer work for the PO ...there is a lot of overblown shit about it right now from both sides...
Sorry about the injury and back....agreed on all the overblown stuff flying around. I will refrain from any more negative comments about the PO especially since you worked so long there.
hey if its about the management fire away,i will usually defend the workers because 98% of them dont give a dam who you vote for they dont have time to worry about that.....but many of the middle managers are terrible,many are people who could not make as a carrier and there was no opinings in the clerk craft,so they offer them a management position.......you would think they would just get rid of them,not in the PO.....nothing like having a guy who could not do what you are doing now telling you you are not working up to standard....and then many get promoted to middle managers who are pretty dam useless....
hey if its about the management fire away,i will usually defend the workers because 98% of them dont give a dam who you vote for they dont have time to worry about that.

They should. Who signed Postal reorganization Act of 1970? Hint: It wasn't a Democrat.

"To avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail, I am suspending these initiatives until after the election is concluded," DeJoy said in a statement. He went on to say that between now and Election Day, retail hours at post offices will not change, no mail processing facilities will be closed, mail processing equipment and collection boxes will remain in place and that overtime for workers will be approved when needed."

All mail-in ballot fear-mongering aside -- I've never understood where this hatred for the post office stems from -- aside from a desire by donors to privatize it -- which I am sure is Louis Dejoy's wet dream...but exactly why do we feel the post office is suppose to turn a profit in order to offer a good service to Americans??

View attachment 376548

91% of Americans favorably approve of the Postal Service, that is the highest among any government agency -- and this is the same agency who are forced to fully fund employee pensions 75 years into the future -- and this is who we are complaining about not turning a profit?

It is called the Postal Service in the Constitution for a reason, not to provide a profit to shareholders, but to provide a service to Americans, just like the police department and the fire department -- both of which are not required to make a profit...
Who taught me to hate the USPS? Obama did.

that is the most pathetic deflection I have seen in a while....but I expect that from a Trump sycophant...

By the way, remember this Obama quote the next time one of you dumb asses claim Obamacare was a govt takeover of health insurance...you moron

I've always said people give Obama too much credit for having for having any goal aside from his personal success. However, on this point Obama is right that while private carriers have prospered, the USPS has struggled just to survive, and he raises a valid question about just how much do we need the postal service and would the US be better off if we contracted private firms to deliver the mail and allowed the USPS to simply fade away.

are you going to like it if 4-5 different people have access to your box?...and the PO struggles because your congress micromanages it....let them sink or swim on their own....

In my experience, and apparently in Obama's, private carriers do a better job than the USPS does, and I have no more reason to believe postal workers are any more honest that those who work for private carriers, indeed, since private companies can more easily fire dishonest workers and private companies can lose their contracts, there is reason to think there will be less theft and tampering from private carriers than from postal workers. The only thing the USPS has done well in the past is the delivery of first class mail, but today much of that can be safely sent electronically, so I agree with Obama that there really isn't much need for the USPS anymore.

they do as bout as good....and i know this just from talking to the people and businesses i used to deliver too....but anyway like i asked....will you be comfortable with 3-4 people having access to your mail box?.....if one company does it it may be ok.....but multiple?....

Why not? Why would you trust postal workers and not others? Since most of my important mail arrives electronically, it's no big deal, unless, of course, you plan to use the USPS to perpetrate massive voting fraud.

im talking if you got a small package that fits in your box.....joes delivery service has something for you,he sees that package and takes it.....no more package....one company and you know who has a key besides you...3 or 4 and you have no idea ....there is a thing call the sanctity of the mail box...

The "sanctity of the mailbox"? Are you referring to the blood oath all mail carriers must take before delivering each day's mail? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are trying to be funny.

there is no such oath.....why dont you answer what i asked you?...

You asked a stupid question. I shop online all the time, frequently buying vitamins or other items that come in small packages that are nearly all delivered by private carriers and are delivered right to my door without access to my mailbox, which is mostly filled with junk mail. Except perhaps in some isolated places underserved by private carriers the USPS is simply not needed anymore.

its not a stupid question....the only reason they bring it to your door is because they are not allowed to use the boxes.....you dont think if they can now access those boxes the carrier wont use them?...if you do you are pretty naive....

lol There is no reason to use the mailbox.

To vote. I have since 1980.

Not necessary unless special circumstances prevent you from going to the polls.

It's my choice that is offered.

i had people

because they were paying for a PO box and that was were they wanted their mail to go...they told me even if its first class send it back,as far they are concerned their family and people they do business with all had the PO box add......so any first class i endorsed it "no street delivery customer has a PO box" and sent it back to the sender.......
So it's mail that was addressed incorrectly?
yes and no.....it had a good street address but the person living at that address had a PO box and instructed me that he wanted no mail at the street address.....he has the say in that....so i delivered no mail there....the only mail he would get is 3rd class which i just wasted....
The post office is paid to deliver 3rd class mail. How is that wasted?
if its no good,like the place is vacant or the name on it is someone who no longer lives there,its no good, so they have a bin that you endorse the bundle from your route rubber band it and dump it in.....if they want it back it will say something like "address correction requested" so they can up date their mailing lists and those ones are returned....but just regular junk mail gets tossed....a clerk will go through all the wasted ones to make sure nothing is getting wasted that someone might have missed.....
You missed the point. Is the United States Postal Service paid to deliver 3rd class mail? Yes or No?
yes....and i thought i already answered your question above....

View attachment 376548

Who taught me to hate the USPS? Obama did.

that is the most pathetic deflection I have seen in a while....but I expect that from a Trump sycophant...

By the way, remember this Obama quote the next time one of you dumb asses claim Obamacare was a govt takeover of health insurance...you moron

I've always said people give Obama too much credit for having for having any goal aside from his personal success. However, on this point Obama is right that while private carriers have prospered, the USPS has struggled just to survive, and he raises a valid question about just how much do we need the postal service and would the US be better off if we contracted private firms to deliver the mail and allowed the USPS to simply fade away.

are you going to like it if 4-5 different people have access to your box?...and the PO struggles because your congress micromanages it....let them sink or swim on their own....

In my experience, and apparently in Obama's, private carriers do a better job than the USPS does, and I have no more reason to believe postal workers are any more honest that those who work for private carriers, indeed, since private companies can more easily fire dishonest workers and private companies can lose their contracts, there is reason to think there will be less theft and tampering from private carriers than from postal workers. The only thing the USPS has done well in the past is the delivery of first class mail, but today much of that can be safely sent electronically, so I agree with Obama that there really isn't much need for the USPS anymore.

they do as bout as good....and i know this just from talking to the people and businesses i used to deliver too....but anyway like i asked....will you be comfortable with 3-4 people having access to your mail box?.....if one company does it it may be ok.....but multiple?....

Why not? Why would you trust postal workers and not others? Since most of my important mail arrives electronically, it's no big deal, unless, of course, you plan to use the USPS to perpetrate massive voting fraud.

im talking if you got a small package that fits in your box.....joes delivery service has something for you,he sees that package and takes it.....no more package....one company and you know who has a key besides you...3 or 4 and you have no idea ....there is a thing call the sanctity of the mail box...

The "sanctity of the mailbox"? Are you referring to the blood oath all mail carriers must take before delivering each day's mail? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are trying to be funny.

there is no such oath.....why dont you answer what i asked you?...

You asked a stupid question. I shop online all the time, frequently buying vitamins or other items that come in small packages that are nearly all delivered by private carriers and are delivered right to my door without access to my mailbox, which is mostly filled with junk mail. Except perhaps in some isolated places underserved by private carriers the USPS is simply not needed anymore.

its not a stupid question....the only reason they bring it to your door is because they are not allowed to use the boxes.....you dont think if they can now access those boxes the carrier wont use them?...if you do you are pretty naive....

lol There is no reason to use the mailbox.

To vote. I have since 1980.

Not necessary unless special circumstances prevent you from going to the polls.

It's my choice that is offered.

You should make a list of all the things you want. I'm sure most American taxpayers are eager to buy them for you.

View attachment 376548

Horrible, lazy service
lets see you get out there and deliver mail in pouring rain in 40 degree weather.....lets see how lazy you are.....
Give me a break......now they have some punk in an SUV take it to some centralized lockers and make us all have car accidents to get our mail. Its never on time. Service at the Post Office? Give me a break whiner. For such a well paid, government funded position I am not getting my money's worth
the only one whining here is you.....and i bet when it rains you sit in your nice office looking out the window.....they have a time limit to deliver the mail?....what time is that?....
No, I am stating clear facts. Overpaid, underperforming...paid for by me. But that is the libber mantra for a well oiled machine right snowflake??
they get paid by the PO not by you.....snowflakes dont work outside they cant handle it..... snowflakes work in doors...right snowflake?....
Snowflakes are sitting at home making more than when they work....so snowflakes dont work at all....right snowflake?
are you describing yourself?.....
Not at all, describing you. I havent stopped working as I am not a Democrat dreg.
i put my 33 years in.....and if you knew anything about the people here you would know i cant stand the democrats....but then you have only been here 5 minutes so what would you know?....
Valid point....I apologize for jumping to any conclusion about your politics. I put my 25 in as a naval officer but am still working. As for the Post Office, just not a fan but that is just my experience.
accepted..... i have a bad knee that had surgery from stepping into a hole covered by grass, a bad lower back from jumping in and out of the truck all those years,a common UPS injury the driver on my route told me,and i have had enough of the bullshit i took all those years from postal management and the many civilians you have to put up with out there.....i have no desire to get up and go to a job anymore...i am glad i no longer work for the PO ...there is a lot of overblown shit about it right now from both sides...
Sorry about the injury and back....agreed on all the overblown stuff flying around. I will refrain from any more negative comments about the PO especially since you worked so long there.
hey if its about the management fire away,i will usually defend the workers because 98% of them dont give a dam who you vote for they dont have time to worry about that.....but many of the middle managers are terrible,many are people who could not make as a carrier and there was no opinings in the clerk craft,so they offer them a management position.......you would think they would just get rid of them,not in the PO.....nothing like having a guy who could not do what you are doing now telling you you are not working up to standard....and then many get promoted to middle managers who are pretty dam useless....
hey if its about the management fire away,i will usually defend the workers because 98% of them dont give a dam who you vote for they dont have time to worry about that.

They should. Who signed Postal reorganization Act of 1970? Hint: It wasn't a Democrat.
long before i got there.....

View attachment 376548

View attachment 376548

As with most lefties you are pretty much completely illiterate when it comes to the mechanics of the real. The post office is a massive real estate holding that also owns upward of 100 billion in physical assets such as an army of vehicles and a multitude of mechanical components and the needed logistics to make that fleet operable. All of the component parts of the post office are private sector vendor services that live or die on the bottom line.....yes I realize you think this is evil but then again most lefties think a flat tire is evil. So for you to frown on the word profit is about as retarded as you frowning on not giving all of your own possessions away tomorrow to anyone who asks for them.....I suspect you will not do that but then again...you are a lefty.

Profit is not evil....it is a measure of health for a large multi level organization that must do business with a monetary currency. It's like the blood pressure and pulse of the entity......when it is not there there is a disease inside the entity somewhere that may eventually kill the whole thing.....how does such a thing escape you? Those who seek to make the word profit evil from the standpoint of public analysis probably include the parasites who have made a career out of drawing a check on the public dole as Postal Service employees who contribute little or nothing in return for their paychecks. A few years back an expose on the Post office showed where area managers owned multiple houses in different parts of the country that were purchased in their behalf by the Post Office budget....not their own money.
No other organization that I know of does such a thing. These were Four Hundred and five Hundred thousand dollar places that had no other use but to provide shelter for that person and his/her family while they were in that part of the country.....some of them had as many as half a dozen.....it was an amazingly crass waste of taxpayer money and of course it worked against the idea of the Post office making some kind of balanced bookkeeping to show accountability to the public for its contribution of their tax money.

Trump is 100 percent correct when he says that the privateers have a far better system of self policing their efficiency and accountability. If it is your desire to just hand money to an irresponsible family member for groceries who constantly comes back with just a few candy bars for everyone to eat for dinner and no money left....so be it...enjoy your Hershey dinner.

JO

Last edited:

View attachment 376548

View attachment 376548

As with most lefties you are pretty much completely illiterate when it comes to the mechanics of the real. The post office is a massive real estate holding that also owns upward of 100 billion in physical assets such as an army of vehicles and a multitude of mechanical components and the needed logistics to make that fleet operable. All of the component parts of the post office are private sector vendor services that live or die on the bottom line.....yes I realize you think this is evil but then again most lefties think a flat tire is evil. So for you to frown on the word profit is about as retarded as you frowning on not giving all of your own possessions away tomorrow to anyone who asks for them.....I suspect you will not do that but then again...you are a lefty.

Profit is not evil....it is a measure of health for a large multi level organization that must do business with a monetary currency. It's like the blood pressure and pulse of the entity......when it is not there there is a disease inside the entity somewhere that may eventually kill the whole thing.....how does such a thing escape you? Those who seek to make the word profit evil from the standpoint of public analysis probably include the parasites who have made a career out of drawing a check on the public dole as Postal Service employees who contribute little or nothing in return for their paychecks. A few years back an expose on the Post office showed where area managers owned multiple houses in different parts of the country that were purchased in their behalf by the Post Office budget....not their own money.
No other organization that I know of does such a thing. These were Four Hundred and five Hundred thousand dollar places that had no other use but to provide shelter for that person and his/her family while they were in that part of the country.....some of them had as many as half a dozen.....it was an amazingly crass waste of taxpayer money and of course it worked against the idea of the Post office making some kind of balanced bookkeeping to show accountability to the public for its contribution of their tax money.

Trump is 100 percent correct when he says that the privateers have a far better system of self policing their efficiency and accountability. If it is your desire to just hand money to an irresponsible family member for groceries who constantly comes back with just a few candy bars for everyone to eat for dinner and no money left....so be it...enjoy your Hershey dinner.

JO
Do you say this same dumb shit about the military??

I am sure we can privatize that too

There is a reason why the Postal Service is SPECIFICALLY enshrined in the constitution

View attachment 376548

View attachment 376548

JO

There is a reason why the Postal Service is SPECIFICALLY enshrined in the constitution
But those reasons no longer exist.

The Postal Service responded that Mr. DeJoy had merely been suggesting to local elections officials how they could most efficiently carry out a vote-by-mail election, not mandating increased costs.
If true, that's fine. But as Biff just pointed out, the Postal Service is Federally mandated to deliver the mail. However, the States are stuck paying the difference in postage between 3rd and 1st class. Thus ensuring the timely delivery of mail-in voting materials amounts to an "unfunded mandate." 1st class handling may be unnecessary in many places, but it's ultimately the Federal Government's responsibility to ensure that it arrives on time given it's mailed on time.

View attachment 376548

View attachment 376548

JO

Yes they still exist....which is why the postal service has a 91% approval rating...not the Pentagon, the postal service...

Does the military fund the pensions of soldiers that haven't been born yet??

I'll wait

View attachment 376548

View attachment 376548

JO

Yes they still exist....which is why the postal service has a 91% approval rating...not the Pentagon, the postal service...

Does the military fund the pensions of soldiers that haven't been born yet??

I'll wait
No, the reasons for the PO no longer exist. At the time of the Constitutional Convention we were a vast country made up of almost independent states and it was important to have good communications in order to bring us all together as one country. Everything but first class mail can be delivered more efficiently by private carriers and first class mail is being increasingly replaced by electronic communications. The PO is an anachronism which is no longer needed.

What the whiners and crybabies want is people to teach, police streets, fight fires, and deliver mail for free. But it's ok that THEY only get a good wage. That's the conservative way. I stand with my mail carriers.

The PO is an anachronism which is no longer needed.
Redundant and, like assholes, just your opinion. Most of the mail and packages are still being handled by the PO. They'd just be twiddling their thumbs all day if it were really an anachronism.

The PO is an anachronism which is no longer needed.
Redundant and, like assholes, just your opinion. Most of the mail and packages are still being handled by the PO. They'd just be twiddling their thumbs all day if it were really an anachronism.
Nonsense. Aside from delivering first class mail, everything USPS does can be done more efficiently by private carriers. Because the USPS is still there and people have grown up using it, it still delivers many packages, but if it were gone, these same people would seamlessly use private carriers. It is an anachronism because it is simply not necessary anymore.

The USPS is the #1 shipping option for many merchants, especially those who ship small and light products. However, USPS is not perfect for all situations. So when should you use USPS for your shipments? Keep reading to find out.

Pros
  • The cheapest option for small packages
  • Delivers to mailboxes and PO boxes
  • Free pickup
  • Saturday delivery

Cons
  • Poor customer support
  • Limited tracking
Many simply have no clue as to the enormous pile of shit that gets moved around this country and planet every day. Email will disappear long before snail mail does. Btw, I have one of those ancient oversized mailboxes. Nearly all the packages we receive fit right in there. The mail carrier doesn't even need to leave her seat.

Forum List

Back