Who Taught You To Hate The United States Postal Service?

It is an anachronism because it is simply not necessary anymore.
Then neither is clean air or water. We could all just buy that shit from private corporations as needed.
The government can certainly regulate the quality of air and water, but perhaps it would be more efficient and less expensive to have water provided by the private sector.
I have a well. Pumping the water out of the ground costs pennies a year. Pump has worked flawlessly for 30 years. Switch needs replacing like every ten years (about $12). Private sector gonna beat that? Air still free here, btw.

It is an anachronism because it is simply not necessary anymore.
Then neither is clean air or water. We could all just buy that shit from private corporations as needed.
The government can certainly regulate the quality of air and water, but perhaps it would be more efficient and less expensive to have water provided by the private sector.
I have a well. Pumping the water out of the ground costs pennies a year. Pump has worked flawlessly for 30 years. Switch needs replacing like every ten years (about $12). Private sector gonna beat that? Air still free here, btw.
Most people buy their water from the municipality in which they live, and might be better served if there were private sector competitors.

In the United States, public utilities are often natural monopolies because the infrastructure required to produce and deliver a product such as electricity or water is very expensive to build and maintain. As a result, they are often government monopolies, or if privately owned, the sectors are specially regulated by a public utilities commission.[1][2] The first public utility in the United States was a grist mill erected on Mother Brook in Dedham, Massachusetts in 1640.

Is the United States Postal Service paid to deliver 3rd class mail? Yes or No?
Yes, but it's the mail carriers who end up having to do it.
Deliver the mail? Really?
Yes, not to belabor or overstate the bleeding obvious, but yes, sure, indeedy, indubitably,.. :26:

Decisions should often be left, as much as possible, to those closest to the task. How to best deal with 3rd class mail is a classic example from what I've heard. Trust but verify results.
Those closest to the task often see the opportunities and obstacles more clearly than those farther removed. Discussing the possibilities can make for a more reasonable goal, and it can result in more buy-in from the employees.

I'm trying to recall the last time I got something I give a damn about in the mail.

Book from Amazon a couple weeks ago...that took 8 days to go 150 miles. Beyond that, most of it goes straight into the trash.

Is the United States Postal Service paid to deliver 3rd class mail? Yes or No?
Yes, but it's the mail carriers who end up having to do it.
Deliver the mail? Really?

I lost count of the lies from DeMisery yesterday. Claimed he never curtailed overtime. The documents we have prove otherwise. What a lying loser STOOGE.

Eeg8o2TXoAIHxj_.jpg

I'm trying to recall the last time I got something I give a damn about in the mail.

Book from Amazon a couple weeks ago...that took 8 days to go 150 miles. Beyond that, most of it goes straight into the trash.
WOW! Nobody sends you birthday cards? Perhaps if you weren't such a bitter old grump people would.

All Amazon orders are tracked. Perhaps you can give us a timeline.

WOW! Nobody sends you birthday cards? Perhaps if you weren't such a bitter old grump people would.

All Amazon orders are tracked. Perhaps you can give us a timeline.

It went from upstate NY to Springfield MA. It sat there for about six days, then went to Boston. For reasons known only to the USPS, it then went to Hartford, CT, then from Hartford to my local post office in NH. (Might have been 200 miles, not1 50.)

My record is still 13 days to get "Priority Mail" shipped from the west coast, which sat for more than a week in Reno. (Must have been low-priority mail.)

Forum List

Back