Who is better to rebuild US economy, Trump or Biden? (poll)

Which presidential candidate will be better to get the US economy back to "normal"?

• "It's the economy stupid", vote Trump

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • We need tax revenue, and "only little people pay taxes" unless you vote for Biden

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
How weird. A lot of Republicans supported the lock down restrictions
When it looked like our hospitals would be totally overrun as the were in Italy and Spain I reluctantly supported the lockdown

but that danger passed yet liberals refused to return to work

That's a lie.

Reopening strategies vary according to where in the country you are.

I enjoy watching you lie to yourself. The best part is you know you're lying to yourself and don't care. Hilarious.

Consider that Trump inherited Obama's economy and did nothing but give the rich more, obviously Biden is the sane voter's choice. Trump has failed in every business endeavor so why would anyone would think he changed and got smart.

Donald Trump's 13 Biggest Business Failures

Please explain Obama's economic strategy including cash for clunkers and greenie policy such as Solyndra. You can't so you won't.

Once more, in English this time please.

The Democrats are fully responsible for tanking Trump's economy. With their long-standing (and well overdue) lockdowns intact. They knew they could take Trump down and took full advantage of the pandemic. They certainly did not want Trump to succeed in having the best economy (prior to the pandemic.

Is that English enough for ya? :rolleyes:

Once more, in English this time please.

The Democrats are fully responsible for tanking Trump's economy. With their long-standing (and well overdue) lockdowns intact. They knew they could take Trump down and took full advantage of the pandemic. They certainly did not want Trump to succeed in having the best economy (prior to the pandemic.

Is that English enough for ya? :rolleyes:
Ah, you didn't have to type all of that. You coulda just said "it's a conspiracy!!!" And we woulda got it.

I have confidence that Trump will do things a bit differently than he was doing when the pandemic outbreak started. So, I am sticking with Trump.

And, the economy isn't stupid...the Democrats are the ones who crashed it, with their long-standing, and outstanding lockdown restrictions. Just to keep people at homes and crash small businesses and shut half the country down. Just ask Newscum, Homo Cumo, and Bitchmer.

How weird. A lot of Republicans supported the lock down restrictions.

Lock down restrictions that intended to reduce the curve and prevent overloading hospitals. Not the Democrat version of restrictions until hell freezes over.

I do not think this is a dem/repub thing and it's a shame folks on both sides are making it so. There are blue states who are easing restrictions more quickly and there are red states who are doing it slowly. It HAS to depend on conditions in individual areas don't you think? :dunno:
the die hard party people only see things that may help them....fuck everyone else....

Trump knows how to deal with economic difficulties.....just declare bankruptcy and pay your creditors pennies on the dollar.

Biden has rescued our country before, he can do it again

Sorry but you just explained what Obama did to GMs small business creditors.

Trump is the obvious choice as Biden is an empty suit who doesn't even know when the interview is over...............

He's toast.................

Private business will rebuild NOT THE GOVERNMENT

I have confidence that Trump will do things a bit differently than he was doing when the pandemic outbreak started. So, I am sticking with Trump.

And, the economy isn't stupid...the Democrats are the ones who crashed it, with their long-standing, and outstanding lockdown restrictions. Just to keep people at homes and crash small businesses and shut half the country down. Just ask Newscum, Homo Cumo, and Bitchmer.

Lock down restrictions that intended to reduce the curve and prevent overloading hospitals. Not the Democrat version of restrictions until hell freezes over.

I do not think this is a dem/repub thing and it's a shame folks on both sides are making it so. There are blue states who are easing restrictions more quickly and there are red states who are doing it slowly. It HAS to depend on conditions in individual areas don't you think? :dunno:

Uhm no, red states are easing while blue keeps control going on. See California and that nitwit governor in NJ and Michigan

Umh yes.

I suspect the states that are slower in reopening are those that are more densely populated and have had higher infection/morbidity rates. Even in red states - they aren't all opening at the same rate within a state. City mayors in heavily affected cities are slower and more careful (for good reason) than small towns and rural districts.

At this point - ALL states have eased restrictions. Did you realize that?

Yet:

Cases continue to rise in some of the states where governors have been most aggressive in opening public spaces and businesses that rely on close personal contact, such as salons and gyms. None have met the federal government’s core recommendation of a two-week decline in reported cases.

WaPo has a map of restriction level by state: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/states-reopening-coronavirus-map/

The states are mixed in red/blue and level of restrictions. There is a cluster of states in New England that are very strict but they are also very urban and very densely populated, so it makes sense. They were heavily affected (NJ is one of those).

You might be critical of Michigan's governor but she enjoys high approval ratings for her handling of the virus.

You keep toeing the leftist mantra.... while I know better

There lies your problem. You're a liltle sheeple while I'm informed

Lose the funny shit, asshole..
that's "kindergarten"

Wow. Brilliant response. Like most of your responses lately, they show a distinct lack of originality. Keep trying. We'll root for you.

In the meantime maybe you can actually address a few of the points made. For example, why are some red states slow to open and some blue states quick to open if it's all about "party"? :dunno:

You heard me, Ms Love The Children but support abortion

Oh snap.....think hard, dude

You can't win.... keep moving

And back to the topic - if you want to start a fight, you know where to take it.

In the meantime maybe you can actually address a few of the points made. For example, why are some red states slow to open and some blue states quick to open if it's all about "party"? :dunno:

When it looked like our hospitals would be totally overrun as the were in Italy and Spain I reluctantly supported the lockdown

That's a lie.

I enjoy watching you lie to yourself. The best part is you know you're lying to yourself and don't care. Hilarious.

Refute this then if you think it's a lie:

If COVID-19 returns in the fall/winter the US economy will take another hit.
Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

One poll favors Trump over Biden.

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?

I say neither.
Bring Trump's former economic advisor, Gary Cohn, back and put him in office.
Gary Cohn quit Trump after realizing Trump was an idiot.
But he's got some good advice, being the former CEO of Goldman Sachs.

Biden rescued our economy from the Great Bush Recession, he can rescue us from the Great Trump Depression

by doing what? Obama was telling us we weren’t anything special & forcing citizens to buy insurance. Trump came along, got rid of useless regulations & the economy took off.
Trump brought us a Depression
When did a depression happen? I missed that?!

It didn't, he's lying again

Whether you are ready to admit it or not
This is a Depression
20 percent unemployment
GDP at NEGATIVE 20 and falling
Global implications

You don’t have to be SmellyIrishAss to realize the obvious

1. This is NOT a depression. UE is 14% not >20%.
2. GDP is at -4.8% growth, a mere pothole.
3. If the GDP is negative for the 2nd quarter it could be an official "recession", but the economy is bouncing back.
4. As the OP states, more voters trust Trump to get the economy back up and running hot.
1590446043822.png

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?

I say neither.
Bring Trump's former economic advisor, Gary Cohn, back and put him in office.
Gary Cohn quit Trump after realizing Trump was an idiot.
But he's got some good advice, being the former CEO of Goldman Sachs.

Gary Cohn is a wall street globalist who just doesn't fit in Trump's "populist" economic strategy.
Let Cohn lose money on China deals. I'm very happy with Navarro & Lightheizer running US economic policy.
Just wish they'd repeal the tax cuts. They were a horrible idea.

Your poll is not exactly asking honestly, but the answer is Joe Biden.

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
We know Trump's economic policies.
We know what Biden says his economic policies will be:
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
Nationalize utilities, electric bills will skyrocket
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)

It is gov't that shut this country down and destroyed the economy and cost so many their jobs...........and currently is slicing and dicing small business owners by the millions.

Why would anyone want the Gov't to help you even more..........................

Kinda like someone gets thrown into the sea.......by Gov't.......then goes............hey man........you need help..............SWIM THE HELL AWAY...............The asshole is about to throw you the anchor.

Uhm no, red states are easing while blue keeps control going on. See California and that nitwit governor in NJ and Michigan

Umh yes.

I suspect the states that are slower in reopening are those that are more densely populated and have had higher infection/morbidity rates. Even in red states - they aren't all opening at the same rate within a state. City mayors in heavily affected cities are slower and more careful (for good reason) than small towns and rural districts.

At this point - ALL states have eased restrictions. Did you realize that?

Yet:

Cases continue to rise in some of the states where governors have been most aggressive in opening public spaces and businesses that rely on close personal contact, such as salons and gyms. None have met the federal government’s core recommendation of a two-week decline in reported cases.

WaPo has a map of restriction level by state: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/states-reopening-coronavirus-map/

The states are mixed in red/blue and level of restrictions. There is a cluster of states in New England that are very strict but they are also very urban and very densely populated, so it makes sense. They were heavily affected (NJ is one of those).

You might be critical of Michigan's governor but she enjoys high approval ratings for her handling of the virus.

You keep toeing the leftist mantra.... while I know better

There lies your problem. You're a liltle sheeple while I'm informed

Lose the funny shit, asshole..
that's "kindergarten"

Wow. Brilliant response. Like most of your responses lately, they show a distinct lack of originality. Keep trying. We'll root for you.

You heard me, Ms Love The Children but support abortion

Oh snap.....think hard, dude

You can't win.... keep moving

And back to the topic - if you want to start a fight, you know where to take it.

Wrong question..........which side blue or red had more States with people hauling ass from the State................hmmm...........they sucked before it imploded and are the last you want to tell you how to fix ANYTHING.

That's a lie.

Refute this then if you think it's a lie:

You lied to yourself by ignoring the original topic.

Your poll is not exactly asking honestly, but the answer is Joe Biden.

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
We know Trump's economic policies.
We know what Biden says his economic policies will be:
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
Nationalize utilities, electric bills will skyrocket
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)
tRumps "economic policy" is a series of twitter rants and I'll considered trade wars.

Will Biden be under pressure to undo some of the environmental damage the tRump *administration* has caused? Of course, but those things are not really economically damaging. That's just what tRump told you.

And Joe is almost infinitely better suited to restoring trade with other nations. Diplomacy, ya know.

Forum List

Back