North Dakota GOP Governor Pleads For No Mask Shaming

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I can't agree more. Whether you wear one or not. Personally, I wear one in public.

If you don't wear one, stop shaming people who wear one. The governor is right, the person wearing one isn't doing it for political reasons. They may have a 5 year old at home with cancer who has a compromised immune system. If you truly believe this is a free country, then everyone has the freedom to wear a mask if they want to and you have no right to attack them, spit on them, cough at them or attack them.

If you do wear one, stop shaming those who don't. If you're not comfortable with being around someone who isn't wearing a mask, don't be around them. Yes, I agree, wearing a mask in public is better but you can't force someone to do what they don't want to do.

When it comes to going into buildings or private businesses, you're not in public anymore. You don't own that building. If that business or owner of the building requires people to wear a mask, wear the mask or don't shop in that business or don't go in the building. Don't physically attack people. Don't cough or spit. Really, it's ridiculous.

Apparently in North Dakota people who are wearing masks are being attacked and shamed. Which is why the governor made that plea.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 9.56.32 AM.png

It takes a self absorbed person to totally disregard the health of others are not wear a mask in public

Compared to dying a mask seems a small thing to do to protect your family, friends, small children who have no choice & old people not willing to die for what has become political.

I can't agree more. Whether you wear one or not. Personally, I wear one in public.

If you don't wear one, stop shaming people who wear one. The governor is right, the person wearing one isn't doing it for political reasons. They may have a 5 year old at home with cancer who has a compromised immune system. If you truly believe this is a free country, then everyone has the freedom to wear a mask if they want to and you have no right to attack them, spit on them, cough at them or attack them.

If you do wear one, stop shaming those who don't. If you're not comfortable with being around someone who isn't wearing a mask, don't be around them. Yes, I agree, wearing a mask in public is better but you can't force someone to do what they don't want to do.

When it comes to going into buildings or private businesses, you're not in public anymore. You don't own that building. If that business or owner of the building requires people to wear a mask, wear the mask or don't shop in that business or don't go in the building. Don't physically attack people. Don't cough or spit. Really, it's ridiculous.

Apparently in North Dakota people who are wearing masks are being attacked and shamed. Which is why the governor made that plea.

View attachment 340751

actually all business must do business with you mask or not

all you need is a medical condition

and hippa prevents anyone from asking you about it

"wear a mask customer"

"no i have a condition"

"what condition is that"

"let me speak to your laywer/manager and have them explain hipaa to you"

We're a nation who doesn't feed its' children, give them healthcare, or prevent their abortion

Why the fuck would I care about any of your little crotch goblins? None of you care about mine

Funny Massachusetts has a law against wearing masks in public lol

View attachment 340751

Gov should mind his business

It takes a self absorbed person to totally disregard the health of others are not wear a mask in public

I agree but what can you do?

People who don't wear masks are very militant about it.

Personally, I stay away from people like that.

If you lived in North Dakota you'd be angry too.

I would be angry that people in North Dakota are being attacked for wearing a mask.

They are being attacked by people who scream and demand to not wear a mask all in the name of freedom.

I guess those people believe freedom only is for them. No one else. They don't believe people are free to wear a mask.

I agree but what can you do?

People who don't wear masks are very militant about it.

Personally, I stay away from people like that.

No, I've been approached by people who wore mask and they tried to shame me. I didn't engage and move down to their level and just walked away. I dont wear one, however, the people that go out of their way to invade other people's space and cough on that person are equally as reprehensible as those who wear a mask and try to shame people.

View attachment 340751

You're a snowflake. People should wear masks but your posts are always so demeaning.

View attachment 340751

If you wear a mask you are a ridiculous fool and people should laugh and point.

Find it hard to believe...…..from what I've seen its the maskers complaining about the non-maskers

That's the whole point of the governor's speech. You might want to click the link. Read the article. Watch the video.

People in North Dakota have been attacking and shaming those who wear masks.

If you're upset if a business requires you to wear a mask to enter then you should also be upset about the sign on the door requiring you to wear shoes.

I tend to disagree with the OP a little bit. Wearing a mask does not negatively affect the health of those around them while not wearing one can be a different story.

Find it hard to believe...…..from what I've seen its the maskers complaining about the non-maskers

That's the whole point of the governor's speech. You might want to click the link. Read the article. Watch the video.

What I meant was the maskers are usually the ones yelling at the unmasked. Even on this board its that way

What I meant was the maskers are usually the ones yelling at the unmasked. Even on this board its that way

I'm not one of them. I haven't seen anyone yelling at those who don't use a mask.

I certainly haven't seen someone with a mask attack someone or spit or cough at someone as I've seen those without a mask.

Personally, I think that if you want to walk around without a mask go for it. I can't nor do I want to stop you. I'll just say away from you. I have no respect for such irresponsible people.

If you want to wear a mask go for it. I applaud your respect for the people of our nation and for doing your part to help stop the spread of the virus. Being responsible and doing the right thing is one of the things that makes our nation exceptional.

Why do most things always have to be about politics and turn into a fight with the far right radical extremists?

I'm not one of them. I haven't seen anyone yelling at those who don't use a mask.

I certainly haven't seen someone with a mask attack someone or spit or cough at someone as I've seen those without a mask.

Personally, I think that if you want to walk around without a mask go for it. I can't nor do I want to stop you. I'll just say away from you. I have no respect for such irresponsible people.

If you want to wear a mask go for it. I applaud your respect for the people of our nation and for doing your part to help stop the spread of the virus. Being responsible and doing the right thing is one of the things that makes our nation exceptional.

Why do most things always have to be about politics and turn into a fight with the far right radical extremists?

The entire media ruling class is yelling at people to wear a mask. And of course the sheep who follow them suddenly started with the same demands.

Forum List

Back