White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
In 1924, the State of Virginia attempted to define what it means to be white.
The state’s Racial Integrity Act, which barred marriages between whites and people of other races, defined whites as people “whose blood is entirely white, having no known, demonstrable or ascertainable admixture of the blood of another race.”
There was just one problem. As originally written, the law would have classified many of Virginia’s most prominent families as not white, because they claimed to be descended from Pocahontas.
So the Virginia legislature revised the act, establishing what came to be known as the “Pocahontas exception.” Virginians could be up to one-sixteenth Native American and still be white in the eyes of the law.
24zimmer-articleLarge.jpg

People who were one-sixteenth black, on the other hand, were still black.
In the United States, there is a long tradition of trying to draw sharp lines between ethnic groups, but our ancestry is a fluid and complex matter. In recent years geneticists have been uncovering new evidence about our shared heritage, and last week a team of scientists published the biggest genetic profile of the United States to date, based on a study of 160,000 people.
It is obvious that Americans try to draw this sharp lines because all the races are not equal at all. The US right, political and social situations prove it. Am I not right??

Bullshit. I'm in an interracial marriage as are millions of other Americans. I'd say this country is the least likely on earth to "draw sharp lines" regarding racial/ethnic identities. That's the filth of the radical race-baiting left. Especially the queer left.

So, do you affirm that such a sceintific research is a BS. Or are you speaking about your own experience that all the races are equal? Don't you see that it is still important now : Who are you black or white?? This affiliation mostly determines your behavior, status or values of life. Racism is awful BUT racial identification is good...

black-v-white.png

The state’s Racial Integrity Act, which barred marriages between whites and people of other races, defined whites as people “whose blood is entirely white, having no known, demonstrable or ascertainable admixture of the blood of another race.”
There was just one problem. As originally written, the law would have classified many of Virginia’s most prominent families as not white, because they claimed to be descended from Pocahontas.
So the Virginia legislature revised the act, establishing what came to be known as the “Pocahontas exception.” Virginians could be up to one-sixteenth Native American and still be white in the eyes of the law.

In the United States, there is a long tradition of trying to draw sharp lines between ethnic groups, but our ancestry is a fluid and complex matter. In recent years geneticists have been uncovering new evidence about our shared heritage, and last week a team of scientists published the biggest genetic profile of the United States to date, based on a study of 160,000 people.
It is obvious that Americans try to draw this sharp lines because all the races are not equal at all. The US right, political and social situations prove it. Am I not right??

:eusa_shhh: Don't let Frank and Rabbi hear this. They think they can declare who doesn't have Indian blood on the basis of what they "look like".

And yes, you are right. More of the angst is about class than about race. That's why the racists keep harping on "the blacks" to "improve" themselves. It's a backhanded way of keeping them "in their place" -- i.e. in the lower caste.

Bullshit. I'm in an interracial marriage as are millions of other Americans. I'd say this country is the least likely on earth to "draw sharp lines" regarding racial/ethnic identities. That's the filth of the radical race-baiting left. Especially the queer left.

Did you say -- the "least"?? :rofl:

Did you say -- the "least"??

Sober up idiot, then things won't look so blurry.

Well unless of course your teeny brain is locked in faggot-think. Then race-baiting and seething hatred are all that's open to you.

WTF are you babbling about? Most conservatives want to do away with the racial checkboxes on applications and census forms. It's the left that thrives on division and favors to specific groups. You have it all bass akwards.

Did you say -- the "least"??

Sober up idiot, then things won't look so blurry.

Well unless of course your teeny brain is locked in faggot-think. Then race-baiting and seething hatred are all that's open to you.

Apparently we're pretty obsessed with sexual lines too. Some wags draw them where there aren't any. Revealing.

Actually I notice that (the absence thereof) whenever I step outside this country.

And you felt that it was really totally important to discuss this on CHRISTMAS EVE, of all days? Really?

What in the world is wrong with you people?

What's the point here? That because mixed race people exist race doesn't exist? If race doesn't exist, how can mixed race people exist to begin with.

And you felt that it was really totally important to discuss this on CHRISTMAS EVE, of all days? Really?

What in the world is wrong with you people?
And you felt it was really important to regret about it. Howere you've wrote here. Do you consider this problem is not urgent and important for our society at all?
So Merry Christmas to you. Have a happy year without racial conflicts.

Forum List

Back