Which side would you be on in the Civil War ?

The Cavaliers... cooler uniforms and more drinking.

2CivilWar-Cavalier.jpg
Go UVA!

A time machine could take you back to that troubled time. Which side would you join and why ?

So, nothing at all is happening in your country? Nothing there to talk about? Or are you just completely obsessed with my country?

For the past decade, on American campuses, history has been declining more rapidly than any other major even as more and more students attend college

Americans' inability to make sense of history means in a time when the President is the king of ahistorical assertions that americans are stupid

oh, and i would be on the confederate side because i believe in state's rights

It's easy, the Irish who got off the boat in N.Y. harbor would take the ten bucks to replace some rich guy in the draft and be used for cannon fodder in a war they had no idea of. A rural Shenandoah family who had no idea of which side they were on would soon find out that they were the enemy when Union pillagers took everything they had and hanged anyone who resisted. Late in the War the old and infirm residents of Atlanta would find out what it was like to endure the wrath of a Soldier who considered himself "God's terrible swift sword" and they had about half a day before General Sherman set fire to the city. Meanwhile the women of New Orleans would be declared to be "whores" by the Union General known as "beast" Butler. It would be an easy decision to choose the North if you had to go back in that unfortunate time.

If you were in a country Tommy being invaded by England, what side would you be on and why?
I believe Tommy is in a country which was invaded by England.

LOL. I was thinking that myself. He should be treated like the conquered peasant that he is and not allowed to be a fifth columnist inside the UK working for a foreign power.

A time machine could take you back to that troubled time. Which side would you join and why ?

So, nothing at all is happening in your country? Nothing there to talk about? Or are you just completely obsessed with my country?

Well nothing besides his country declared Independence..and Tommy has joined the other side in fighting them.

He never said whose Civil War he was talking about. Me? I would have joined up with Cromwell.

I would be on the side of Brexit.....

.....oh you are talking about the American civil war. I would have been out in the territories milking my cows and yelling at the deer to stay out of my garden probably.

Maybe the Brits are under the illusion that the South fought for slavery. It's ironic because the flag that flew off the stern of the majority of slave ships for the better part of two hundred years was the Union Jack. The Brits profited off slavery and imperialism well before they starved the Irish out and treated India as a conquered territory. The Brits have a lot more human rights violations to apologize for than the four year span of the Confederacy

Forum List

Back