Would you like to know the true Civil War History? This is your chance.

It’s reliance on slavery for It’s economy was a big part of that

As well as Seward letting the European powers know that if they interfered they would be next in line. Eventually barking France out of Mexico and giving Russia an offer they couldn't refuse to sell us Alaska.

What were they supposed to do with it if they could not sell it or process it into textiles? Eat it?
Well..they COULD have sold it. But they had, what seemed to them, the brilliant idea of trying to hold the British textile industry ransom...in the hope of forcing diplomatic recognition and Britain's entry, or at least assistance, in the war.
It backfired badly..after that, they burned the crop to cause England as much pain as possible. All they did was force Britain into developing Egyptian cotton..and making the South irrelevant.

Not one bit. I used to ignore them when I was a Democrat. Not maliciously,but because i was taught bunk that the Civil war was over slaves. I know today I was lied to and want the record cleared. I watched enough of the comedy to realize he was from England and really does not understand the civil war.
Yeah, I bet you miss the antebellum south.

Miss that sweat tea on the porch overlooking the cotton fields bob.

"Sweat tea"? That sounds disgusting. I've had butter tea, but sweat tea sounds much worse.

I have been there but only lived there a short time. I hated the bugs, them spraying the base. Saw no cotton fields there but lived on a cotton farm in Ca when I was a kid.

"Sweat tea"? That sounds disgusting. I've had butter tea, but sweat tea sounds much worse.
When I lived on a cotton Farm for a few months in CA, my aunt was always making sweet tea. She did not put sweat in it.

Forum List

Back