Something has got to be done about the police.

What you don't know when yu assume are things like, I spent 30 years working in various cities. I know cops in those cities. I went to school with cops. So I understand the job from the perspective of what they have told me. I worked with the justice system doing case management of people released from prison to make them empoyable. I worked with juvenile criminals. I have been at police calls because of clients. So I don't need any lecture from your punk ass about reality. Police are mad because the public who pays their salaries are holdng them accountable. You can't shoot a civilian who is unarmed in war, you can't beat up a cvilian in a war just because they resist you with either, but police can do it here. And don't you think that a person in war has less time and more stress than a cop on the streets here? Stop making excuses for the assholes who misuse the badge.

Police have been found in violation of the constitution all over this country, so then fuck the excuses, something has to be done about the police.
We have had several years and more of police questions. Prog politicians did nothing but deny them to bust heads for those years. The laws are still in the criminal codes.

Well he attacked me for saying that police need more training. When asked about it, he wasn't really able to articulate what he thinks about that. Just lots of incoherent anger from him.

Interpreting the incoherent rants of uneducated Trump supporters isn't an easy task. I'm doing the best I can with what they give me. Do you agree that the police need more training?
Police training is usually ongoing to meet new societal changes.

Police training is usually ongoing to meet new societal changes.
I’m sure there is additional specialized training, but I’m sure that also happens in other countries as well.

Why should the core requirement be so much less here compared to other nations?

Of the countries with recorded data, the United States is the lowest there.
I think one of the reasons is that police are needed on U.S. streets much sooner than the more socially advanced countries. We're playing catch up while other countries can do advanced training. However, the article points out that many here go on to the two-year associate degree in police science. The 'academy' grads are looking for a job while others seek an upwardly mobile career.

Last edited:
But did he stab him?

No one had been stabbed.

{...
But a major problem with that confession soon emerged: Perez’s father was alive and safe. He had left the house he shared with his son and stayed overnight at a friend’s home near Union Station, according to court records. Later, he waited to catch a flight at Los Angeles International Airport to visit his daughter in Northern California. When police learned that Perez’s father was safe, they initially withheld the information and put Perez on a psychiatric hold.

“In my 40 years of suing the police I have never seen that level of deliberate cruelty by the police,” said Perez’s attorney, Jerry L. Steering. “After what I saw on the video of what they did to him, I now know that the police can get [anyone] to confess to killing Abe Lincoln.”
...}

No there doesn't.

Not unless that is authorized by the Constitution. Each local jurisdiction needs to deal with their problem in their own ways you authoritarian communist.

Get yoar boot heal off of the people's necks.

Wrong.
The whole point of the 14th amendment is to protect individual rights from state or municipal infringement.
So the Constitution does authorize the feds to regulate what is legal for local authorities.

There's always more to the story. Maybe the kid stabbed his father and thought he was dead. Anyway there is no need to smear the legacy of the 59 (so far) Officers who died in the line of duty this year and the 378 Officers who were shot in the line of duty in 2023, over an incident in Fontana, Ca.

No, we know the father was NOT stabbed at all, ever.

I think one of the reasons is that police are needed on U.S. streets much sooner than the more socially advanced countries. We're playing catch up while other countries can do advanced training. However, the article points out that many here go on to the two-year associate degree in police science. The 'academy' grads are looking for a job while others seek an upwardly mobile career.
"Many" compared to what all are required to do in other nations.

Our police officers have less training, more police deaths, and more civilian deaths. Maybe those things are correlated.

Your broad generalization is misleading.
Many departments have "better and more training" than others.

What is needed more is fewer crimes and criminals. :rolleyes:

Since humans are highly social, it is not in their nature to be criminals.
When there is high crime, it is always due to injustice, discrimination, lack of opportunities, etc.

People buy things under the pressure of shrewd salespeople, things they don't need or want. Thus the 'three-day laws' concerning some sales contracts.

I once accompanied a friend who sold a vacuum cleaner system to a lady who didn't need or want it. She 'bought' it just to get rid of him. Next day she deposited the vacuum cleaner at the front door of his office and had her bank stop the check she wrote. I was embarrassed witnessing the whole thing.

"Many" compared to what all are required to do in other nations.

Our police officers have less training, more police deaths, and more civilian deaths. Maybe those things are correlated.

We also have the highest incarceration rate and lowest health care access in the first world.

Police don’t “hold our lives in their hands” except for chronic lawbreakers. People who behave fear zero

Forum List

Back