When this all winds down, what will be different?

EVERYTHING WILL BE WORSE.

1) Worse race relations than before, that is a given. Despite the liberal media trying to say otherwise, the vast-vast majority of Americans are NOT behind the rioters/looters/vandals and murderers who have killed... I believe it is up to 8 blacks now.
One black man died, and the lunatics have killed 8 more showing their "outrage" of the one dying. $millions is property damage, everyone losing their freedoms due to curfews and shutdown businesses. No one is a fan of this.
2) Gun sales and ammo sales will increase (again)

3) The media will be on high alert just waiting on the next black to die by police - and then what? It all goes down again? Again? Again?
4) The political parties are now more divided than before. Who could have thought that was possible?
I'm going to hold out hope for a tipping point, at which an important person from one of the tribes decides to hold their own tribe accountable. That begins the momentum that gets both tribes to honestly look in the mirror and clean their own house. Nothing improves until then.

I wouldn't blame you if you think that's a long shot. But I think it's our best chance before our nutters bring this country down. So, for the sake of our kids, I'll keep hoping.
That is happened now dozens of times. Dozens.
Good, honest NORMAL black folk have stood in front of the idiots protecting property and even police officers... you think that changed any minds?
Nope.
Not enough. Not even close.
Blacks are not ready for reality. (Inner city blacks)
Someone like MLK came along...nobody would listen to him. They like people like Al Sharpton better. A greasy slimeball race slinger.
There is no way, no how anyone from the left is going to start telling the truth now.
The right? You know... I absolutely believe the VAST majority of conservatives are not racist, and do not support police brutality in the least. But all they here from the left is reparations... more free shit... no one, and I mean NO ONE talking about the extraordinary inner city culture that plagues the race...oh hell no.
Both ends have housecleaning to do. Plenty of it.

Until they both get honest and admit it, nothing improves.
Like what?
Sorry Mac, but the right has been talking about inner city black problems for decades. And they are called racist every time for doing it.
The problems are very simple. The solution, however is complicated as hell.
You are talking about a few million people who for the past 3 generations been told over and over and over they are blameless for their actions. Everything is whitey's fault. White privilege. The fact they get free education for the taking, complete with free housing/food/clothing and spending money to boot?? And they still fail over 90%??? Ohh...but you see...still not their fault. The white kid that didn't get the free shit..well...white privileged is why he graduated. Had nothing to do with the fact he never studied, partied every night and skipped class dozens of times...nooooo... it's white privilege. He has no choice but to turn to criminal behavior. Racism is why he will likely die by 25.
We have talked about the complete breakdown of the black family. Over 70% single parent. Over 70% have little to no relationship with their father. Bring that up...and you are RACIST!!!

The fact is Mac. We have talked the problems to death. Everyone who has an ounce of critical thinking already knows the problems. But most just won't go there. Racism/White privilege and Republicans is a much more profitable, feel good way to think. You know.... Black votes matter.
Mac1958
You should answer this post Mac.
You take the middle a lot, and that is ok. But you have to also clarify and prove your points.
I gave you an answer, and you ignored it.
I don't try to take the middle. I'm just honest and naturally curious to understand both ends of an issue. I think that anyone who doesn't is intellectually lazy and afraid to have their fragile belief system challenged. Those who can think for themselves can argue either end of an issue, because we are paying attention and not bending over for shallow, simplistic, dishonest, tribal talking points.

For the thousandth time: We won't have an "honest conversation on race" in this country unless and until both ends honestly hold their own accountable for their actions.

The Left has to face the fact that generations of the coddling of minorities has resulted in the under-achievement of minorities. When you constantly spin for, deny, attack for and minimize a person's or group's worst behaviors, all you're doing is enabling more of those behaviors. And PC and Identity Politics have only served to pour gasoline on that fire.

The Right has to fact the fact that racism still does exist from the Right, and not to a small degree. And again, when you constantly spin for, deny, attack for and minimize a person's or group's worst behaviors, all you're doing is enabling more of those behaviors. I'm truly not sure which is worse: An old fashioned, ignorant, paranoid racist or someone who enables ALL racists.

That's not "the middle". That's just honesty about what I see. Is that better?
Not better at all. You didn't actually state YOUR opinion.
I am saying we have had 1,000's of "honest conversations" about race. many, many, many times. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. As soon as a white person gets honest - they are immediately attacked and called racist and white privilege. If a black person gets honest - they are labeled an uncle Tom and didn't grow up in the hood.

It is all bullshit. On the race issue - sorry Mac, on this one - the right is...right. The left is horribly wrong. All they care - Black Votes Matter.
You can't get a left person to honestly talk about racism. Impossible. They won't go there, waaaaaay too much fear of not going along with the plan.
You and I disagree that we have had honest conversations.

That means that each side, the Right included, has to honestly admit its failures, bad elements, and contributions to the problem.

I can't get most of the Trumpsters here to even admit that racism still exists on the Right. That is beyond dishonest, and closer to a pathology. And they SURE AS HELL aren't going to say anything to hold their own accountable.

I don't know how that can be denied. So I don't detect an honest conversation here.
Again.... like what? (has the right done wrong)
Like refusing to constantly raise the bar on how much money to keep throwing at them?
or complaining about constantly lowering the bar on education requirements etc. for them?
Like... refusing to acknowledge that white privilege is the reason why I am where I am?
Like bringing up inner city black culture and the complete breakdown of the family structure is the core of the problem?

Specifically what is it you are referring to?
A person can't defend or discuss a blanket "you are wrong" argument.
You're illustrating my point for me. You don't see a thing. I get the same thing from the other side, of course. But since you ask:
  1. Admit that old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, ignorant, paranoid white racism still exists.
  2. Admit that the Right has ignored and/or downplayed that fact for generations, contributing to the problem.
  3. Commit publicly and clearly that you will do everything you can to eradicate it from the right.
  4. Follow through and hold your side accountable whenever it demonstrates that racism still exists.
  5. Maybe start here on good ol' USMB. Then keep improving until you can call out your President for downplaying the problem.
  6. Feel free to show the other side of this issue of your honesty and progress, and challenge them to hold their OWN side accountable.
There. A nice, clear, concise list of ideas for you. I should not have had to say any of that, but I'm happy to help.

1) Worse race relations than before, that is a given. Despite the liberal media trying to say otherwise, the vast-vast majority of Americans are NOT behind the rioters/looters/vandals and murderers who have killed... I believe it is up to 8 blacks now.
One black man died, and the lunatics have killed 8 more showing their "outrage" of the one dying. $millions is property damage, everyone losing their freedoms due to curfews and shutdown businesses. No one is a fan of this.

3) The media will be on high alert just waiting on the next black to die by police - and then what? It all goes down again? Again? Again?
4) The political parties are now more divided than before. Who could have thought that was possible?
I'm going to hold out hope for a tipping point, at which an important person from one of the tribes decides to hold their own tribe accountable. That begins the momentum that gets both tribes to honestly look in the mirror and clean their own house. Nothing improves until then.

I wouldn't blame you if you think that's a long shot. But I think it's our best chance before our nutters bring this country down. So, for the sake of our kids, I'll keep hoping.
Good, honest NORMAL black folk have stood in front of the idiots protecting property and even police officers... you think that changed any minds?
Nope.
Someone like MLK came along...nobody would listen to him. They like people like Al Sharpton better. A greasy slimeball race slinger.
There is no way, no how anyone from the left is going to start telling the truth now.
The right? You know... I absolutely believe the VAST majority of conservatives are not racist, and do not support police brutality in the least. But all they here from the left is reparations... more free shit... no one, and I mean NO ONE talking about the extraordinary inner city culture that plagues the race...oh hell no.

Like what?
Sorry Mac, but the right has been talking about inner city black problems for decades. And they are called racist every time for doing it.
You are talking about a few million people who for the past 3 generations been told over and over and over they are blameless for their actions. Everything is whitey's fault. White privilege. The fact they get free education for the taking, complete with free housing/food/clothing and spending money to boot?? And they still fail over 90%??? Ohh...but you see...still not their fault. The white kid that didn't get the free shit..well...white privileged is why he graduated. Had nothing to do with the fact he never studied, partied every night and skipped class dozens of times...nooooo... it's white privilege. He has no choice but to turn to criminal behavior. Racism is why he will likely die by 25.
We have talked about the complete breakdown of the black family. Over 70% single parent. Over 70% have little to no relationship with their father. Bring that up...and you are RACIST!!!

The fact is Mac. We have talked the problems to death. Everyone who has an ounce of critical thinking already knows the problems. But most just won't go there. Racism/White privilege and Republicans is a much more profitable, feel good way to think. You know.... Black votes matter.
Mac1958
You take the middle a lot, and that is ok. But you have to also clarify and prove your points.
I don't try to take the middle. I'm just honest and naturally curious to understand both ends of an issue. I think that anyone who doesn't is intellectually lazy and afraid to have their fragile belief system challenged. Those who can think for themselves can argue either end of an issue, because we are paying attention and not bending over for shallow, simplistic, dishonest, tribal talking points.

For the thousandth time: We won't have an "honest conversation on race" in this country unless and until both ends honestly hold their own accountable for their actions.

The Left has to face the fact that generations of the coddling of minorities has resulted in the under-achievement of minorities. When you constantly spin for, deny, attack for and minimize a person's or group's worst behaviors, all you're doing is enabling more of those behaviors. And PC and Identity Politics have only served to pour gasoline on that fire.

The Right has to fact the fact that racism still does exist from the Right, and not to a small degree. And again, when you constantly spin for, deny, attack for and minimize a person's or group's worst behaviors, all you're doing is enabling more of those behaviors. I'm truly not sure which is worse: An old fashioned, ignorant, paranoid racist or someone who enables ALL racists.

I am saying we have had 1,000's of "honest conversations" about race. many, many, many times. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. As soon as a white person gets honest - they are immediately attacked and called racist and white privilege. If a black person gets honest - they are labeled an uncle Tom and didn't grow up in the hood.

It is all bullshit. On the race issue - sorry Mac, on this one - the right is...right. The left is horribly wrong. All they care - Black Votes Matter.
You can't get a left person to honestly talk about racism. Impossible. They won't go there, waaaaaay too much fear of not going along with the plan.

That means that each side, the Right included, has to honestly admit its failures, bad elements, and contributions to the problem.

I can't get most of the Trumpsters here to even admit that racism still exists on the Right. That is beyond dishonest, and closer to a pathology. And they SURE AS HELL aren't going to say anything to hold their own accountable.

I don't know how that can be denied. So I don't detect an honest conversation here.
Like refusing to constantly raise the bar on how much money to keep throwing at them?
or complaining about constantly lowering the bar on education requirements etc. for them?
Like... refusing to acknowledge that white privilege is the reason why I am where I am?
Like bringing up inner city black culture and the complete breakdown of the family structure is the core of the problem?

You're illustrating my point for me. You don't see a thing. I get the same thing from the other side, of course. But since you ask:
  1. Admit that old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, ignorant, paranoid white racism still exists.
  2. Admit that the Right has ignored and/or downplayed that fact for generations, contributing to the problem.
  3. Commit publicly and clearly that you will do everything you can to eradicate it from the right.
  4. Follow through and hold your side accountable whenever it demonstrates that racism still exists.
  5. Maybe start here on good ol' USMB. Then keep improving until you can call out your President for downplaying the problem.
  6. Feel free to show the other side of this issue of your honesty and progress, and challenge them to hold their OWN side accountable.
There. A nice, clear, concise list of ideas for you. I should not have had to say any of that, but I'm happy to help.
hahaha!.... nonsense.
1) Everyone knows some racism still exist, but it is not the primary problem in any way shape or form.
2)... again,,,, #1
3) Eradicate what? A few hold outs who actually still believe in racism? They are dying off on their own. And again... not in anyway the core of the problem.
4) Nonsense... you are simply saying the same thing in different ways.
5) repeat again
6) Repeat again

So in a nutshell...all you are saying is the right has some racist. Yeah....so does the left.
What an utterly pointless waste of time.

Urban Blacks burned down their communities; including businesses run by Blacks and other minorities. Who is going to want to go into cities? Police are going to take a more limited role. Why risk their lives further if they are going to have to second guess their every move?

It will be interesting to see the Black leaders who come to the table with their specific wants while dismissing the fact that more whites die at the hands of cops every year. Law “enforcement” among Blacks will be a joke.

Nope.

Like what?

Mac1958

hahaha!.... nonsense.
1) Everyone knows some racism still exist, but it is not the primary problem in any way shape or form.
2)... again,,,, #1
3) Eradicate what? A few hold outs who actually still believe in racism? They are dying off on their own. And again... not in anyway the core of the problem.
4) Nonsense... you are simply saying the same thing in different ways.
5) repeat again
6) Repeat again

So in a nutshell...all you are saying is the right has some racist. Yeah....so does the left.
What an utterly pointless waste of time.
Agreed. No reason to continue.

What will be different?

Trump will get a much smaller fraction of the black vote.

The next time a bunch of bystanders are filming a cop, he will think twice about murdering someone.

For over a century, the black community has been trying to alert our broader society of the brutality and injustice being inflicted on them. Now that everyone has cameras at their fingertips, we are all seeing with our own eyes what can no longer be denied.

It started with the filming of the beating of Rodney King, and the evidence of oppression has been piling ever higher.

In recent weeks, we saw a man killed for jogging while black. We saw a white woman bear false witness against someone for birdwatching while black.

Think about the 911 call that woman made. The man pointed out to her that there were signs clearly posted saying her dog must be leashed. Rather than apologize and leash her dog, she chose instead to not only flaunt the law, she decided to frame an innocent man. Never mind that she began choking the shit out of her poor dog.

When black people talk about "white privilege", this is EXACTLY what they are talking about.

Before the days of cell phone cameras, that black man would have been arrested, thrown into a helhole until his trial, and the prosecutor would have been telling a jury as they listened to the 911 call, "Listen to the terror in her voice!" as she calls for help as the big bad black man threatened to kill her.

That is, if he survived long enough to see a trial without being killed by the cops.

As I said earlier today, the murder of George Floyd did not happen in a vacuum.

Now here's the thing you really need to think about: If you think nothing will change after these protests, then you have just acknowledged that it is going to take some even more serious carnage to get your fucking attention.

1591361605861.png

Yup. Nothing much will change. The problems are systemic, and they are mainly problems caused by the left wing. Thus, those problems are here to stay.
Police brutality is a right wing policy, not left wing.
ummm Minneapolis is about as Left Wing as it gets

The median black family in the Twin Cities area earns $38,178 a year — which is less than half of the median white family income of $84,459 a year. This income inequality gap is one of the largest in the nation; only nearby Milwaukee, Wisconsin is worse. The state of Minnesota as a whole has the second biggest income inequality gap between blacks and whites in the entire nation; only the District of Columbia is worse.

We've thrown $22 Trillion at the problem since the Great Society, maybe time to try another approach?

What will be different?

Trump will get a much smaller fraction of the black vote.

The next time a bunch of bystanders are filming a cop, he will think twice about murdering someone.

For over a century, the black community has been trying to alert the broader society of the brutality and injustice being inflicted on them. Now that everyone has cameras at their fingertips, we are all seeing with our own eyes what can no longer be denied.

It started with the filming of the beating of Rodney King, and the evidence of oppression has been piling ever higher.

In recent weeks, we saw a man killed for jogging while black. We saw a white woman bear false witness against someone for birdwatching while black.

Think about that 911 call that woman made. The man pointed out to her that there were signs clearly posted saying her dog must be leashed. Rather than apologize and leash her dog, she chose instead to not only flaunt the law, she decided to frame an innocent man.

When black people talk about "white privilege" this is EXACTLY what they are talking about.

Before the days of cell phone cameras, that black man would have been arrested, thrown into a helhole until his trial, and the prosecutor would have been telling a jury as they listened to the 911 call, "Listen to the terror in her voice!" as she calls for help as the big bad black man threatened to kill her.

Now here's the thing you really need to think about: If you think nothing will change after these protests, then you have just acknowledged that it is going to take some serious even more serious carnage to get your fucking attention.
Well now there is knee-deep horseshit. Well trained by the left media.
One problem.... Police brutality happens against all races. You think only blacks get the brutality?
We could trade YouTube videos of police harassment against blacks vs. whites all day long...hell..I will even post up 2 to every 1 you post up. Easily.
Another thing.... the brutality you see is virtually always happening when the suspect is fighting back, belligerent and otherwise uncooperative.
Take right here in Indy Monday evening, live on livestream on channel 6 news. A black guy is out well past the curfew, in a neighborhood he does not live in. With him is 4 or 5 other young black males. He decides he is going to be a jackass. While the police are calmly trying to get him to sit on the curb... he is yelling all manner of Fuck You!!... you fucking racist!!...Fucking pigs!!!.... refusing to sit down... so the cop has to get back up, by the time it is all over 5 cops hav ethis guy pinned to the ground. And there he is yelling and screaming "Police brutality!!... show everyone this video!!!... fucking bullshit!!!.... etc. etc.
Meanwhile several other people are walking by, several of them are white. You can see the police stop them, they show their IDs...can't here the conversation... but they are pointing...guessing they are saying I work over there and on my way home etc. so the Police are letting them go - OBVIOUSLY... the blacks around start screaming RACISM!!!...letting WHITE PEOPLE GO!!!!.... fucking bullshit!!!

Get anything?
Wow. Another fan of a police state. "Papers! Show me your papers!"

Tell me, fuckwit. How many white joggers get shot by vigilantes?

Tell me how the white c*nt was in the right to call 911 and try to frame an innocent black man?

How many white men have been suffocated to death by the cops?

Stop with your bullshit. I went to prison and I'm white.

Although I evaded the raid on my house, my dogs and other occupants (white) didn't.

My dogs were shot, my fence was ran down by two MRAPS, my tenant was beat and had his face pushed into the toilet bowl (he told years later he thought they were going to drown him) because he he flushed the remaining drugs down the toilet.

He wanted to get clean so he stayed to get arrested.

Oh and he was white and didn't resist and also a Vietnam vet.

Oh and the poor chick stuck in bedroom was walked out naked in front of the neighbors with only her panties and bra on and was cuffed and interrogated until a WRIT OF HABEUS CORPUS secured her release. I barely knew the chick and she barely knew me, yet they kept her manacled in the precinct until a public attorney motioned for the writ.

Oh yeah, she was white.

And why the SWAT TEAMS and MRAPS running down my fence. I was a first time non-violent offender of a relatively small cocaine sale (believe it or not 20 grams is an A felony in New York, whack as fuck).

I'll tell you why: Public Intimidation.

They aren't bringing all that shit for me, they're bringing all that shit to show the community how scary and domineering they are.

Police brutality doesn't recognize RACE, RELIGION, SEX, ETC.

Police brutality is the product of the local government.

Also where was my white privilege? They were going to throw the book at me for 8-12 years as a first offense (most minority first/second time offenders, including violent ones, get less time for the same charge).

I had to negotiate my plea bargain from outside the United States to get a 3 year sentence...the same sentence most minority second time offenders receive.

Why? Because I'm white. White people punish other whites even worse for "acting like a ******," and therefore get even harsher sentences when its drug sale (not possession, a sale in particular).So don't sell drugs if you're white, you'll get the maximum sentence.

So is there systemic racism against blacks? Yes.

And I, as a white person, suffered from it, because I "acted like a ******" because I sold cocaine, and got hir with the maximum sentence as a first time non-violent offender. By the way, that's exactly the homeboys told me in jail when I finally took my plea. Their general observation:

Whites charged with drug possession do less time than blacks for possession; but whites charged with drugs sales for more time than blacks for sales. Same goes for prostitution offenses, white guy pays a prostitute, he gets a slap on a wrist...white guy pimps a bitch...he gets slayed.

So is there systemic racism against whites? Yes.

You don't really see me bitching about it thought, right?

What's the lesson? Don't commit crimes, and you won't have to worry about "systemic racism" in the executive or judicial systems in the United States.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, there does remain the problem of police brutality in general.

That needs to be fixed. And that can only happen if there's a drastic change in the local leadership.

Seeing that the local leadership of all these places (including where I live), are Blue States in Blue cities/towns, it appears the problem is the Democrats that have reigned over us for the past half a century.

Good day.

So to recap.... all Mac1958 sees as a problem is blame Republicans and say they are racist but won't admit it. Geez... revolutionary. :rolleyes:
Perhaps you haven't seen the few thousand squabbles I've had with the Regressive Left here, regarding how they have weaponized PC and Identity Politics in a cynical and vulgar attempt to gain and maintain political advantage. Or the many times I've been called a racist for doing that. A quick run of the Search function here will illustrate that for you.

See, you're a liar, and I'm not. You refuse to hold your side accountable, I'm not afraid to at all. You're simply out of your league here.

When this all winds down, what will be different?

4 more years of constant butt-hurt, coup attempts, sedition, treason...

Independent voter's will flock towards law and order Republican candidates.

No one is behind the violent rioters but many support the cause

So to recap.... all Mac1958 sees as a problem is blame Republicans and say they are racist but won't admit it. Geez... revolutionary. :rolleyes:
Perhaps you haven't seen the few thousand squabbles I've had with the Regressive Left here, regarding how they have weaponized PC and Identity Politics in a cynical and vulgar attempt to gain and maintain political advantage. Or the many times I've been called a racist for doing that. A quick run of the Search function here will illustrate that for you.

See, you're a liar, and I'm not. You refuse to hold your side accountable, I'm not afraid to at all. You're simply out of your league here.
They have weaponized PC politics in an effort to create a new Orwellian order of Marxism.

Jesus Christ not everything is right vs. left.
All you are wanting me to do is "admit" there are some racist on the right
I did that. Just like there are racist on the left.
Racism exist, but not even close to the amount the left wants to say there is.
The left wants us to believe that racism is rampant. White privilege is why we, as white Americans, are doing better than blacks. That institutional racism is everywhere and destroys any chance blacks will do better.
No objective person is going to "admit" that. Because it isn't true. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist... just isn't near as much as lefts want to say there is

The left wants us to believe that racism is rampant. White privilege is why we, as white Americans, are doing better than blacks. That institutional racism is everywhere and destroys any chance blacks will do better.
No objective person is going to "admit" that. Because it isn't true. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist... just isn't near as much as lefts want to say there is
Only people who have spent their lives in black skin can judge that. Are you black? Me neither. I'll take the word of black people who have experienced it.

Only people who have spent their lives in black skin can judge that. Are you black? Me neither. I'll take the word of black people who have experienced it.
That's fake news :rolleyes-41:

I don't want or expect someone like you to do anything.

I don't want or expect someone like you to do anything.
Weak

Fine...
Answer these questions specifically...

1) Do you think the fact that over 70% of black children are born in a single parent household has a negative effect on those children?
2) Do you think that children, white or black, who have no real relationship with their fathers, or don't even know who their father is - has a negative effect on those children?
3) Do you think a culture that promotes and glorifies criminality is self defeating?
4) Do you think the social engineering that took place in cities all across the entire northeast America especially, that packed blacks in like sardines out of the city proper, outside of where jobs were, had schools built just to have their kids go to and BY GOD keep them out of white schools did a lot of damage to the black race?
5) Do you think multi-generational, no strings attached, government dependence has a negative effect on the people that partake of that?

And that is just for starters.

Fine...

1) Do you think the fact that over 70% of black children are born in a single parent household has a negative effect on those children?
2) Do you think that children, white or black, who have no real relationship with their fathers, or don't even know who their father is - has a negative effect on those children?
3) Do you think a culture that promotes and glorifies criminality is self defeating?
4) Do you think the social engineering that took place in cities all across the entire northeast America especially, that packed blacks in like sardines out of the city proper, outside of where jobs were, had schools built just to have their kids go to and BY GOD keep them out of white schools did a lot of damage to the black race?
5) Do you think multi-generational, no strings attached, government dependence has a negative effect on the people that partake of that?

Fine...

I was specifically addressing your claim that racism isn't anywhere near as bad as black people claim.

I addressed it. You want to harp on the stereotypes and the "problems" in their community, go for it, but don't expect a response from me. To me, the more important thing is that everyone face the fact that for black people, racism is still very much present. Until everyone can accept that, there can't be an honest dialogue. Without an honest dialogue and willingness to try to change that, frustration and anger will continue to mount.

Forum List

Back