Are public sector unions partially to blame for the death of George Floyd?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Derek Chauvin had 19 prior complaints for police brutality before the incident with George Floyd. Police unions may well have fought and protected him. The officer who held Floyd's legs, Tuo Thao, had settled an out of court lawsuit for police brutality for $25,000 in 2017. I am a Teamster and I have seen a union protect people from being fired. Public sector unions are even worse in that they function in markets not regulated by a free market economy. I have long believed that public sector unions are evil and am not a big fan of unions overall.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
There were definitely red flags on this guy. The nature of the job needs to allow for some leniency based on specific situations, but at the same time this guy had a list of complaints longer than Joe Bidens nose hairs.

Derek Chauvin had 19 prior complaints for police brutality before the incident with George Floyd. Police unions may well have fought and protected him. The officer who held Floyd's legs, Tuo Thao, had settled an out of court lawsuit for police brutality for $25,000 in 2017. I am a Teamster and I have seen a union protect people from being fired. Public sector unions are even worse in that they function in markets not regulated by a free market economy. I have long believed that public sector unions are evil and am not a big fan of unions overall.
Responsibility for George Floyd's death:
1. George Floyd....he just kept committing crimes and ended up resisting arrest.
2. The officer's knee to Floyd's neck being on so long, a high probability.
As for unions, they are paid by employees to protect the employees employment. If they didn't protect the employees, they would be useless; much like unions for federal employees.

Forum List

Back