When a Man's Pregnant Wife Stopped 2 Armed Home Invaders with an Assault Rifle, Saving Family

There are over 500,000 minimum number self defense incidents yearly.
It would definitely be an incident at my house, but the 9mm PPQ is always loaded with LE/Personal Defense rounds and the AR stays locked up and is prone to over penetration, so not something I grab in the house.

If there were two gunmen in your home and they had your spouse on his or her knees in front of them... a gun to his or her already beat up skull.... Knowing you have to shoot twice to hit them both would you grab the shotgun and blast two shots towards where your spouse was or a handgun with a kick that is hard to aim or would you grab the easy to shoot no kick AR 15?.... the rifle is not purely a want... evidence would be that it is the rifle the Ukrainian government handed out to their untrained civilian armed forces....

Like I said, I would reach for the nearest weapon, be that a handgun, shotgun, AR15 or even a bolt action rifle. Again, I'm guessing (and I think I'm correct) that she was reaching for whatever was closest. The only reason you gun advocates are holding this story out as "proof" that an AR15 is great for home defense is because she used that weapon. What would you be saying if it had been a 9mm or (my favorite) a 40 cal? And, fwiw, when I first started in Security Force, we used 45's, which later we dropped and started using 9mm. And, I think that the 9mm is pretty easy to shoot, minimal kick, and easy to aim. Even the females in our squad were able to use it. 45's? Some of the women had problems firing them, but when we transitioned to 9mm, they had no problems with that weapon at all. And, like I said before, if you miss a lot of times with a handgun, it means you're a crappy shot and need more time at the range. Most of the people I know can put ammo on target at 20 ft with a handgun, and fwiw, 20 to 30 ft is about the max distance you're gonna find in a house, unless you live in a really large place, and that would usually only be in the living room or den.

It would definitely be an incident at my house, but the 9mm PPQ is always loaded with LE/Personal Defense rounds and the AR stays locked up and is prone to over penetration, so not something I grab in the house.

In the house that I currently live in, the weapon of choice for defense of the home is a 380 or a 40 cal (both are kept loaded and available to whoever needs to get to them in the house). Both are easy to fire, both carry 10-15 rounds each, and both can stop an intruder quickly. Like your house, the rifles are kept in the gun cabinet.

Like I said, I would reach for the nearest weapon, be that a handgun, shotgun, AR15 or even a bolt action rifle. Again, I'm guessing (and I think I'm correct) that she was reaching for whatever was closest. The only reason you gun advocates are holding this story out as "proof" that an AR15 is great for home defense is because she used that weapon. What would you be saying if it had been a 9mm or (my favorite) a 40 cal? And, fwiw, when I first started in Security Force, we used 45's, which later we dropped and started using 9mm. And, I think that the 9mm is pretty easy to shoot, minimal kick, and easy to aim. Even the females in our squad were able to use it. 45's? Some of the women had problems firing them, but when we transitioned to 9mm, they had no problems with that weapon at all. And, like I said before, if you miss a lot of times with a weapon, it means you're a crappy shot and need more time at the range. Most of the people I know can put ammo on target at 20 ft, and fwiw, 20 to 30 ft is about the max distance you're gonna find in a house, unless you live in a really large place, and that would usually only be in the living room or den.
Lets just be happy she had something to shoot... what if she had nothing?... those punks had her 11 year old girl in the house...
Think twice before you allow the government to make it harder for you to get a gun.... any gun... because take my word for it... There are times when a gun is a persons only hope.....
Today they will take your AR 15... tomorrow they will say your 9 is too deadly... and your shotgun is an assault weapon...

Lets just be happy she had something to shoot... what if she had nothing?... those punks had her 11 year old girl in the house...
Think twice before you allow the government to make it harder for you to get a gun.... any gun... because take my word for it... There are times when a gun is a persons only hope.....
Today they will take your AR 15... tomorrow they will say your 9 is too deadly... and your shotgun is an assault weapon...

Wow.................now you're just stooping to emotional rhetoric and hyperbole. Nobody is taking the AR15 that people already have, they just want to make it harder to get one as it seems to be the weapon of choice for most mass shooters. As far as wanting to take your 9mm or shotgun? Ain't gonna ever happen. I've never heard of wanting to restrict sales or ownership of either 9mm or shotguns, nor have I heard of legislation to take either of them away. Got any links for your hyperbolic rhetoric you're using to scare people?

In the house that I currently live in, the weapon of choice for defense of the home is a 380 or a 40 cal (both are kept loaded and available to whoever needs to get to them in the house). Both are easy to fire, both carry 10-15 rounds each, and both can stop an intruder quickly. Like your house, the rifles are kept in the gun cabinet.
You sound like a logical responsible guy, to me, that knows what he is most comfortable and effective with for the possible job at hand, and that protects his other tools from being stolen or misused.

Less than 400 gun murders a year with assault rifles, 14,000 with handguns​

The AR platform is a sport utility rifle, if you allow the commies to define the terms, you've already lost the argument.

Forum List

Back