When a Man's Pregnant Wife Stopped 2 Armed Home Invaders with an Assault Rifle, Saving Family

I'm an expert shot... I can bullseye a target at 650 meters with an M-16 or an AR-15..... I miss with a 45 at 20 feet all the time.... try it go to a gun range and try it...
I have a 22

Should this guy go to jail? Technically yes but I would let him off.

Tom Greer is an 80-year-old crime victim who had the absolute right to use deadly force to defend himself when a pair of burglars – a man and a woman – broke into his home in Long Beach, California, and began assaulting him. And yet, if there is any justice, the 80-year-old should spend the remainder of his golden years in prison. That’s because he killed 28-year-old Andrea Miller, who begged for her life, telling Greer: “Don’t shoot me, I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!” Miller was not pregnant. But Greer didn’t know when he pulled the trigger – for a second time.

The homeowner, who has been robbed before, told police that he returned home one night and found Miller and her accomplice, who has been identified as 26-year-old Gus Adams, trying to open his safe. Greer said they immediately attacked him and threw him to the ground, breaking his collarbone. While the intruders were distracted, Greer got up and retrieved his .22 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. When Miller and Adams saw he was armed, they ran out of the house.

Greer told a Los Angeles television station that he pursued the intruders outside and into a nearby alley, gun in hand.

First mistake. He told KNBC: “When the time comes to defend yourself, you best do something.” But, at this point, Greer was no longer defending himself because he wasn’t in imminent danger. And he was not protecting his home. Instead, he was stalking his prey.

Then, Greer told the television station, he fired on the burglars, hitting Miller in the back.

Second mistake. If Greer shot Miller in the back, it makes it hard for him to argue that he wasn’t in control of the situation and that somehow he felt threatened by Miller.

Finally, Greer said with no remorse, as Adams ran off, Miller pleaded for her life and claimed to be pregnant. But Greer fired off another shot anyway, killing her.

Third mistake. Since Miller wasn’t really pregnant, we can assume that she was just trying to save her own skin. Maybe Greer believed her, or maybe he didn’t. What matters is this: With the suspect already wounded and bleeding, Greer should have called police and waited for them to arrive. He didn’t do that.

Instead, he meted out his own punishment. Was that because Greer was angry and frustrated at being victimized and wanted retribution? If so, that’s not a good excuse for taking a life.

He’s a victim, but not a completely innocent one. The fact that he was robbed and beaten doesn’t excuse everything that happened next. Greer pursued Miller out of his house and into the alley. He shot her in the back. And then, with her lying wounded on the ground and pleading for her life – and still not clear on whether or not she was really pregnant – he fired the fatal shot.

This wasn’t premeditated, but neither was it a spontaneous crime of passion. During this entire ordeal, Greer had plenty of time to think about what was happening and how to react. He chose to react by shooting down someone who was no longer fleeing and no longer a threat to him.

By firing the fatal shot at someone who was alone, unarmed, wounded, defenseless and pleading for her life, Greer committed a cold-blooded act.

Let’s be clear. If you confront a burglar in your home, and you feel your life is in danger, and you grab a gun to defend yourself and kill that person, most reasonable people could consider that to be a justified use of deadly force. This is not that. And it cheapens the right to self-defense to apply that label to what happened here.

Two scumbags break in with masks and pistols, demanding money, grab 11-year-old daughter. Start kicking father in head would surely have beaten him to death. AR-15 levels the playing field, because they are accurate and easy for a woman to handle. They don't have the kick of hunting rifles, and they hold more rounds. She comes out blasting, game over.

Sometimes there is no time to call the cops, and as Uvalde shows you can't count on them anyway. Democrats don't know what they are talking about "weapons of war" blah blah. These are self-defense weapons.

More examples: "8 Times Law-Abiding Citizens Saved Lives With an AR-15"

I trained by wife to shoot my AR-15. I also have a Smith & Wesson Model 59, the classic Wonder Nine originally developed for the Navy Seals, and a HK45 Tactical.

My wife is a girly girl, very feminine in build and manner.

The action on the Model 59 and Beretta are simply too hard for her to manage properly. Besides, even they are too big for her hand, never mind the 45.

I borrowed my buddy's 38 Special to see how she would do with that. It fits her hand size but she just couldn't get used to the kick, more at the unwieldiness of any kind of kick whatsoever controlled by one hand spooks her. She just doesn't feel in control and it scares her.

But she loves the AR-15 for the reasons stated in the above, just like a lot of other women.

She fired one shot and the intruders ran.

The same result would have been had with a shotgun or pistol
Wielded by a woman, not to mention the spread of a shotgun? You seemed to have missed the OP's point entirely. But, then, you obviously don't know much about firearms, do you? Folks don't need your advise on what works best for them.

I love these happy ending stories, and you only had to go back to November of 2019, to find it, then posted a link to 8 stories going back to 2013. OK. How many mass shootings and times when somebody's trusty AR had less successful or tragic outcomes?
Not sure what you're asking here.

I'm an expert shot... I can bullseye a target at 650 meters with an M-16 or an AR-15..... I miss with a 45 at 20 feet all the time.... try it go to a gun range and try it...

You're an "expert shot" and yet you miss at 20 feet all the time with a handgun? You need to spend more time at the range because you're a crappy shot. My future father in law took me out back to his range a few weeks ago and let me fire his 40 cal pistol at 20 feet. I hit the target with every round I shot, and all of them were in the center 2 rings. Just last week, we had a family reunion of sorts, and all the guys went down to the range to shoot. My future father in law let me use his 40 cal again (I really love that weapon, very little kick and accurate as hell). We went out to 35 feet and I put all rounds in the target yet again, but this time I was out to the 3rd ring from the bullseye. Everyone was impressed that I could shoot that well, and so was I since I hadn't been out for target practice since my Security Force days in the Navy (where I qualified as sharpshooter). And that was over 20 years ago. If you are continually missing at 20 feet, you're a shitty shot, not an expert shot as you claim, and need to spend more time at the range.

She only fired one shot, and like another poster said, she could have gotten the same result with any other weapon and didn't need the AR15 to be accurate. I'm glad she stopped the intruders, and also glad she only needed one shot. And, if you want a really good weapon with very little kick and lots of stopping power, you can't go wrong with a 40 cal.

Wielded by a woman, not to mention the spread of a shotgun? You seemed to have missed the OP's point entirely. But, then, you obviously don't know much about firearms, do you? Folks don't need your advise on what works best for them.

She's lucky she hit the guy on the first shot and didn't miss. Otherwise the bullet could have gone through the wall and might have hit someone out on the street. With a shotgun? Yeah, there is a spread, but the pellets don't travel near as far as an AR15 bullet. Apparently you don't know much about firearms either, do you?

She's lucky she hit the guy on the first shot and didn't miss. Otherwise the bullet could have gone through the wall and might have hit someone out on the street. With a shotgun? Yeah, there is a spread, but the pellets don't travel near as far as an AR15 bullet. Apparently you don't know much about firearms either, do you?
Do you really think she could have fired a shotgun as accurately as a rifle?... I doubt it... and handguns are notoriously inaccurate when fired by people with little training in the use of a handgun...
Lets just be glad she had a means of defense like the 2nd amendment guarantees us....
If dems think they can outlaw the AR-15 they are crazy as hell... most people I know have not just one but several....

Last edited:
I missed nothing. She fired one shot and they ran. Same thing would have happened with any firearm

Or the house across the street

You people who think a shotgun is safer because they can't penetrate a wall are crazy... We used them to blow holes in fortified doors to gain access to the bad guys... We didn't shoot the door with an M-16....

They ran because a weapon was fired at them. That's the usual result. Home invaders are not interested in gun battles
The guy she hit took off the other guy followed....Period....and change that stupid avatar what are you Ukrainian or something?....

She fired one shot and the intruders ran.

The same result would have been had with a shotgun or pistol
Shotgun maybe....pistol no.... AR 15 says to the other guy that he's also dead unless he runs. shotgun needs to be reloaded. Pistol....she prolly would be dead.

JO

Forum List

Back