"What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?" by Frederick Douglass

including 20 million sex slaves

58ada7c2c22d5.image_.jpg

The "slaves" nowadays are the taxpayers that are forced to give their hard earned money to the welfare queens.

Why should I have to work to provide you with food, healthcare and subsidized housing. Even a cell phone and free internet. Why don't you pay your own damn bills?

Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Or, you can just take the time and read it yourself...

I listened to Martin group's reading last night and was just left speechless.

How did you react to any of these?

You're not a slave. The republicans fought and won a war to free your ancestors.

So even back in the Civil Rights Movement days racist whites were running the scam about "race relations", while racist white authoritarians were opening water hoses and sicing dogs on law abiding Black American citizens.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Douglas gave that speech nine years before the Civil War.

Here are his thoughts on the war which he gave in 1877: Frederick Douglass on Remembering the Civil War, 1877

So even back in the Civil Rights Movement days racist whites were running the scam about "race relations", while racist white authoritarians were opening water hoses and sicing dogs on law abiding Black American citizens.

It is the Marxists/Demofascists that are burning minority businesses and murdering black people. Yet you still actually believe the Demofascists when they say "White Supremacy" is the issue, which it isnt happening. Your hatred to "White" is so racist, that you cant understand who is really fucking over your people. Continue the way it is right now, and you guys will end up extinct.

Can I hold the door open for anyone who believes they can do better living somewhere else?
I think most people (especially liberals) believe this country can be better than what it was yesterday so they advocate for policies that bring this about...

Folks like you (right-wingers) tried to overthrow the US government.......more than once.....maybe you folks should leave.....partner up with some former Soviet block country since you love them so much.....maybe even try to invade the US and try to overthrow us again.....you will still lose tho.......sad....

Yup, those were the DemoKKKrats you still vote for today. Maybe you are still a slave.

The "slaves" nowadays are the taxpayers that are forced to give their hard earned money to the welfare queens.

Why should I have to work to provide you with food, healthcare and subsidized housing. Even a cell phone and free internet. Why don't you pay your own damn bills?
To the welfare queens?

More accurately, the military industrial complex gets the lion's share of tax revenue, to wage perpetual military aggression around the world. Look at Ukraine.

That doesn't mean I'm in favor of welfare, it's meant only to keep things in perspective.

To the welfare queens?

More accurately, the military industrial complex gets the lion's share of tax revenue, to wage perpetual military aggression around the world. Look at Ukraine.

That doesn't mean I'm in favor of welfare, it's meant only to keep things in perspective.
There are many welfare queens sucking off the teat of the bloated corrupt Federal government.

We need to put an end to all welfare, subsidies, grants, bailouts and entitlements.

Where the government needs to legitimately spend money, like for Defense, then we need accountability.

None of those things are ever going to happen. Meanwhile we taxpayers are slaves having to support the filthy ass welfare queens.

There are no slaves today so the 4th means nothing to them.

Idiot

To the welfare queens?

A fair point.

Cut all welfare, corporate and private. Then freeze ALL international spending except for emergency humanitarian aid. And IMMEDIATELY withdraw all military war funds from active wars.

I think most people (especially liberals) believe this country can be better than what it was yesterday so they advocate for policies that bring this about...

Folks like you (right-wingers) tried to overthrow the US government.......more than once.....maybe you folks should leave.....partner up with some former Soviet block country since you love them so much.....maybe even try to invade the US and try to overthrow us again.....you will still lose tho.......sad....
Better like high taxes, fuel and food costs? That is better?

There are many welfare queens sucking off the teat of the bloated corrupt Federal government.

We need to put an end to all welfare, subsidies, grants, bailouts and entitlements.

Where the government needs to legitimately spend money, like for Defense, then we need accountability.

None of those things are ever going to happen. Meanwhile we taxpayers are slaves having to support the filthy ass welfare queens.
And tax breaks arent welfare subsidies, it is allowing more people to keep more of their own money. Cut the government by 50% for two years and we would be running a surplus.

Better like high taxes, fuel and food costs? That is better?
The top marginal tax rate back in the "good old days" as you morons call it was 90% and then 70% -- and guess what happened?

That was the time that the middle class was the strongest and the income/wage gap was not as obscenely out of wack as it is now....

image_2023-07-06_111630123.png

I wonder why they kept referring to the 50's as the good old days when the tax rate was so high...I mean there should have been death and destruction happening to the economy.......Conservatives committing suicide left and right because of how oppressed they were....but nope.....just a bunch of nostalgia about how we need to return back to that time....weird.

Forum List

Back