"What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?" by Frederick Douglass

1852? Why can't the radical element in the Black population understand that slavery ended over 150 years ago? Ordinary White people and the Police ain't your enemy. Your problem is with the democrat party that has treated Blacks like plantation members and victims for the last hundred years. Democrats need a victim orientated base and they depend on anger and unrest for votes.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
^^ notice he can’t answer the question or address the points brought up.

The first incarnation was with the first Congress, called the “Democratic-Republicans”, then broke off to Democratic Party in 1828.
So, you admit, they were Republicans.

The first incarnation was with the first Congress, called the “Democratic-Republicans”, then broke off to Democratic Party in 1828.
So, you admit, they were Republicans.
Nope, the one thing that made a Democrat was their support of slavery. Republicans were always against slavery.

Keep tap dancing though, it’s entertaining.

Apparently you haven't heard but the slaves were freed by white people who died in the effort and now their descendants want to tear down statues of Lincoln because because they fin it humiliating that they were freed by a white man.
Is that why those white people brandished traitorous Confederate flags and symbols every time in this country's history that black progress was being made?
Scared of a flag? The only thing holding back some black people is their own culture.

"The 6-year graduation rate for first-time, full-time undergraduate students who began their pursuit of a bachelor’s degree at a 4-year degree-granting institution in fall 2010 was highest for Asian students (74 percent), followed by White students (64 percent), students of Two or more races (60 percent), Hispanic students (54 percent), Pacific Islander students (51 percent), Black students (40 percent), and American Indian/Alaska Native students (39 percent)."

Young black people have the lowest college graduation rate of any minority group in the country other than Native Americans. That's what holds up progress, not confederate flags. You have yet to post one honest word on this issue.

That's because you do not live in reality.

Everyone here understands that you firmly believe your own delusions ..... but, that does not change the fact that they are still delusions.
How do you feel about white supremacy? Intolerable or no?
How do YOU feel about it? If White European culture isn’t the best in the world, then why choose to stay here? Why have YOU not moved back to Africa, or to Jamaica, or the Dominican Republic?

I mean, you speak a white man’s language, wear our style of clothes, haven’t you asked yourself why? Why don’t you move to Africa?
Still no answer from MarcATL . He can’t admit he would rather live in a white culture speaking a white man’s language than going back to Africa or some other brown majority shit hole.

Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Or, you can just take the time and read it yourself...

I listened to Martin group's reading last night and was just left speechless.

How did you react to any of these?

Can you move to a country more to your liking or are you a slave?

Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Can you move to a country more to your liking or are you a slave?

The truth is this sycophants know the US is a better place than any other, and they want to stay here and help destroy it.

The only hatred and intolerance I see on the left is for bigotry, racism and white supremacy. They hate and cannot tolerate those things. How do you feel about those things?
You, like most leftists, DON'T SEE your hatred of white people. Your racism and bigotry against them. And you block out black supremacy, and pretend it isn't there.

I could tell you why I am proud of my various communities, from my city to my state to my nation.
I was interested in your expression of 'Southern' pride. Apparently it's not pride in the administration of those states nor the level of education and prosperity of their inhabitants, but in - I assume - Southern communities. That would appear to be more civic pride than Southern pride.

Why the hell does anybody in 2020, want to read about what was going on in 1852 ? This is what PBS liberals do. They show old civil rights footage from the 1950s & 60s, designed to get blacks all roused up (about things that don't affect THEM)
"Make America Great Again" and "Take America back" are not subtle appeals to an age when white supremacy ruled virtually every level of government.

Although Trump's ignorance of history renders him blind to what's coming, every revolution has a counter-revolution. Whenever major change occurs there is a major reaction to it, and the coming backlash to Trump's racist authoritarianism will make the civil rights gains of the 60s seem marginal by comparison.
donald-trump-frederick-douglass.jpg

Two amazing Americans!
Civil Rights GAINS??

Like what?

Nothing in the Declaration of Independence and later the Constitution said that blacks weren’t eligible for those rights. Democrats merely denied those rights for decades. There was no need for Civil Rights Acts and other such laws on a federal level if Democrats had just followed the law of the Constitution in the first place.
Hilarity. Republicans made no effective protest, rather they enabled black repression by the Unreconstructed.

And.....unlike other nations which had slavery in that era, 360,000 men fought and died to get rid of slavery. As to what happened after the Civil War....look no further than Lincoln's Vice President, Andrew Johnson, who was a DEMOCRAT and who allowed the politicians in the south to go back to their original political positions and thus perpetuated the rotten behavior towards blacks, well into the mid-20th Century.

Oh. You mean that guy whose statue was attacked by BLM? Him?
Link?
Since it’s been almost a day since MSM touched the story, it must have been BLM-inspired agitators.

I could tell you why I am proud of my various communities, from my city to my state to my nation.
I was interested in your expression of 'Southern' pride. Apparently it's not pride in the administration of those states nor the level of education and prosperity of their inhabitants, but in - I assume - Southern communities. That would appear to be more civic pride than Southern pride.

The point is, that when you people just decide to pretend to be believe that their reason is Evul Wacism,

that is you being the bigot. And the bully. And the divider. And, the racist.

That's because you do not live in reality.

Everyone here understands that you firmly believe your own delusions ..... but, that does not change the fact that they are still delusions.
How do you feel about white supremacy? Intolerable or no?
How do YOU feel about it? If White European culture isn’t the best in the world, then why choose to stay here? Why have YOU not moved back to Africa, or to Jamaica, or the Dominican Republic?

I mean, you speak a white man’s language, wear our style of clothes, haven’t you asked yourself why? Why don’t you move to Africa?
Still no answer from MarcATL . He can’t admit he would rather live in a white culture speaking a white man’s language than going back to Africa or some other brown majority shit hole.

Exactly what IS a White Man's Language? Would that be French or Italian or Spanish? How about Welsh or Gaelic? Maybe he just doesn't want to associate with a White Supremacist Bigot like you.

Exactly what IS a White Man's Language? Would that be French or Italian or Spanish? How about Welsh or Gaelic? Maybe he just doesn't want to associate with a White Supremacist Bigot like you.
Well it ain't Ebonics ... that's for sure .... ;)

Forum List

Back