What is the Republican solution to stagnant wages in the face of increasing corporate profits?

Do you actually see this as a solution? When businesses decide what they want to pay their employees, they are not taking into account their work ethic for the base wage. For any wage, corporations ask the question “How low can we make this wage that will still ensure enough people will apply for the position?”.
It is the responsibility of the employees/applicants to understand the market and what the real value of their time and skills is.

As much as the companies want to pay nothing, many individuals grossly overvalue their time and skills. Both sides need to determine where that balance lays in order for both sides to have true success in the marketplace.

That’s why I have come to greatly appreciate the Union I am part of. We work with the Company to find the best path for everyone.

It is the responsibility of the employees/applicants to understand the market and what the real value of their time and skills is.

As much as the companies want to pay nothing, many individuals grossly overvalue their time and skills. Both sides need to determine where that balance lays in order for both sides to have true success in the marketplace.

That’s why I have come to greatly appreciate the Union I am part of. We work with the Company to find the best path for everyone.
Fuck unions. They are the reason the manufacturing sector of the US is unable to successfully compete with China, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, Indonesia etc. Your first paragraph was spot on. Those skills are only as valuable as what the world market will pay. Unions have inflated them beyond that reality. Welcome to that wonderful globalism that the democrats want to push so much. The US should isolate. We are capable and have the resources to support ourselves without any help from the outside. The losers in this globalist game will be Americans.

Lol it doesn’t matter if someone overvalues their skills or not. They still have no control over their wages either way. Also, it’s funny when republicans support unions when they are part of one. In any other case, they whine about them.

We should never have american workers working for wages even close to as low as other nations. Those then are jobs americans shouldn't be doing.

If Republicans had any balls (they don't), they'd tell you that government isn't responsible for your wages. If you don't like what you're paid, quit your job.
This doesn’t concern Republican balls or the alleged lack thereof. It concerns basic reality. Your essential point is the truth. I have never (not once — ever) been paid less by any business or entity for whom I have worked than I agreed to. And neither has anybody else.

Wages have remained stagnant for decades while corporate profits have only increased.
You realize Democrats have trillions of dollars invested in corporate stocks right? Why not lobby Dem public employee pension funds to not hog all the corporate profits? OH SNAP!

We should never have american workers working for wages even close to as low as other nations. Those then are jobs americans shouldn't be doing.
If a company is being impacted by imports of like products from third world countries, then tariffs need to be put in place so that the third world produced product reflects the American company's cost to produce leveling the playing field. American companies cannot compete with third world countries if their employees are demanding 10-15, sometimes 100 times the wages and benefits that foreign companies are producing for Walmart, for example. It is a cold hard world out there and if you can't compete, you starve.

Wages have remained stagnant for decades while corporate profits have only increased. This has happened with or without inflation issues.

Let’s pretend republicans had full control of congress and the presidency. What, exactly, could they do to fix this problem? We already know that regulations have a very insignificant effect on corporate profits, wages, and job growth. We also know that cutting taxes for the wealthy does not do jack shit either.

What else is there when it comes to republican solutions? It’s kind of sad and pathetic just how limited GOP economic policy is.

What laws have the Democrats passed to help with inflation and helping supply shortages and wages?

Those then are jobs americans shouldn't be doing.
So you're saying that American workers should relegate themselves to being burger flippers and baristas, because they won't compete in any other sector (actually they won't compete, period). I think you figure if an employer won't pay you the wage you desire, you'll just go on the dole and live off of the labor of others--we call that parasites where I come from.

Forum List

Back