What Happens In The Duante Williams Case Before Cameras?

When when 90% of blacks are murdered by other blacks why this focus on white cops all of a sudden? If, indeed "black lives matter". Do they? Why and since when and who says?

Kiddies? When the Police are in the midst of arresting you...the thing you want to do is cooperate and get your ass in the back of the cruiser. What you DON'T want to do is resist! The Police have guns. They make mistakes in the heat of the moment. Don't escalate what's a small problem into a life threatening one! How many times is this same scenario going to play out before it becomes crystal clear that resisting arrest is dangerous to one's health?

Scary.

Likely some made up story he grabber her gun.
Who is Duante Williams?

1618364907112.png

(5) Duante Williams Profiles | Facebook

Resisting arrest should not warrant the death penalty.

And yet...he would still be alive if he had simply done what the police rightly ordered him to do.

Dropped facebook in 2016. Is this person in the news or something. Did not come up on a simple search

No, I'm just being a smartass.
The OP has the name wrong.
It's really about the "TASER, TASER, TASER, Blam! OH, shit I just shot that guy!" shooting?
That was sad. The cop resigned today. Protecting her 26 year pension, maybe? Probably good decision. For a 26 year veteran of the force her presence of mind and weapons management was sh#t. You can lose the edge and be a danger to those around you.
I didn't understand why the Chief resigned. Something I'm not getting.

Resisting arrest should not warrant the death penalty.

And yet...he would still be alive if he had simply done what the police rightly ordered him to do.
He'd be alive...that career Policewoman would still be doing her job...and dozens of stores wouldn't be looted and destroyed. What's so hard to comprehend about the very simple concept of you need to follow orders when the Police are putting you under arrest. Take it from me...they REALLY don't want to wrestle you to the ground...they don't even really want to pull your car over because traffic stops are dangerous! So don't drive around with expired plates but if you do and you get pinched for it...man up...learn from your mistake...and get on with your life!

Dropped facebook in 2016. Is this person in the news or something. Did not come up on a simple search

It's really about the "TASER, TASER, TASER, Blam! OH, shit I just shot that guy!" shooting?
That was sad. The cop resigned today. Protecting her 26 year pension, maybe? Probably good decision. For a 26 year veteran of the force her presence of mind and weapons management was sh#t. You can lose the edge and be a danger to those around you.
Let's be honest here, White...the average cop in a suburban area might pull their weapon in earnest once or twice in their entire career! The idea that they're going to be calm, cool and collected all of the time when that happens is really wishful thinking. They're probably jacked up on adrenaline and things are happening faster than they can process them. You're more apt to see Barney Fife than you are Dirty Harry!

Let's be honest here, White...the average cop in a suburban area might pull their weapon in earnest once or twice in their entire career! The idea that they're going to be calm, cool and collected all of the time when that happens is really wishful thinking. They're probably jacked up on adrenaline and things are happening faster than they can process them. You're more apt to see Barney Fife than you are Dirty Harry!
Understand the popular logic of what you say, and it is reasonable and well spoken, but does not change the fact, staying collected to the point you can at the very least exercise weapons management (especially if carrying multiple weapons) is exactly what is called for. Looking at it from the point of view of an accident investigator, this is a perfect example of what I say. Tough job, stressful, complex, combining multiple disciplines, exercising a variety of trained skill sets in an ever changing, moving environment. Not easy, but that is what is called for. Some people are never cut out for it. Some lose their edge and are no long up to it. When talking about officers on the street with the ability to wield deadly force, do not be willing to accept simple answers of why something happened as valid excuses for it happening. Somebody is dead. The ultimate irreclaimable mistake has been made.
The officer has resigned. Dispensing with idea of saving her pension, community reaction and bad publicity to the organization she represented, I will say that she probably knows exactly, the point I am making, realizes she is not up to that task. I am a charitable person, but only to a point.

When when 90% of blacks are murdered by other blacks why this focus on white cops all of a sudden? If, indeed "black lives matter". Do they? Why and since when and who says?
"Authorities have identified Kim Potter as the officer who apparently accidentally shot and killed Daunte Wright in a Minneapolis suburb on Sunday."

Name the police officer who shot and killed an unarmed trespasser on January, 6th, 2021 in Washington, DC.

Are Kim Potter and Officer Anonymous Leftist getting equal protection under the law?

Understand the popular logic of what you say, and it is reasonable and well spoken, but does not change the fact, staying collected to the point you can at the very least exercise weapons management (especially if carrying multiple weapons) is exactly what is called for. Looking at it from the point of view of an accident investigator, this is a perfect example of what I say. Tough job, stressful, complex, combining multiple disciplines, exercising a variety of trained skill sets in an ever changing, moving environment. Not easy, but that is what is called for. Some people are never cut out for it. Some lose their edge and are no long up to it. When talking about officers on the street with the ability to wield deadly force, do not be willing to accept simple answers of why something happened as valid excuses for it happening. Somebody is dead. The ultimate irreclaimable mistake has been made.
The officer has resigned. Dispensing with idea of saving her pension, community reaction and bad publicity to the organization she represented, I will say that she probably knows exactly, the point I am making, realizes she is not up to that task. I am a charitable person, but only to a point.
My point was that what you call "weapons management" is a concept which I'm sure we'd all like our Police to be well versed in but in reality it's rather obvious they are prone to lapses simply because the Police are very seldom called on to use their weapons. This wasn't a rookie officer. This was someone who had been a Police officer for over twenty years! I'd be curious to know how many times she was actually forced to pull her weapon during those twenty years. I would be willing to wager that number would be something you could count on one hand.

I'd love to believe that our Police possess the variety of trained skill sets that you seem to think they should have...but my experiences with the Police is that their job consists of long boring hours, days and weeks that at any time could explode into a violent confrontation where lives are at risk. It's a thankless job at best these days but who in their right minds would opt for a profession where chances are that at some point you will experience violence and if you don't respond to it in a manner that those who will examine your actions later deem to be proper that you can be fired or worse, incarcerated. The left is calling for a "defunding" of the Police! They needn't bother. At this rate nobody is going to want to be a Police Officer.

My point was that what you call "weapons management" is a concept which I'm sure we'd all like our Police to be well versed in but in reality it's rather obvious they are prone to lapses simply because the Police are very seldom called on to use their weapons. This wasn't a rookie officer. This was someone who had been a Police officer for over twenty years! I'd be curious to know how many times she was actually forced to pull her weapon during those twenty years. I would be willing to wager that number would be something you could count on one hand.

I'd love to believe that our Police possess the variety of trained skill sets that you seem to think they should have...but my experiences with the Police is that their job consists of long boring hours, days and weeks that at any time could explode into a violent confrontation where lives are at risk. It's a thankless job at best these days but who in their right minds would opt for a profession where chances are that at some point you will experience violence and if you don't respond to it in a manner that those who will examine your actions later deem to be proper that you can be fired or worse, incarcerated. The left is calling for a "defunding" of the Police! They needn't bother. At this rate nobody is going to want to be a Police Officer.
Like it or not it is the responsibility of the people who command police officers to insist on continuing training, to make sure it is ingrained into those officer, that this skill set, abilities and presence of mind, and judgement is exactly what is required and there is no getting around it. It is called professionalism. Would you care if it cost more in training dollars to maintain skills, qualifications, and adherence to training standards previously achieved. I wouldn't and I'm no bleeding hear liberal. I just know that with power you must also pick up responsibility. You must have high standards for people who might wield the ultimate power over citizens. I do not care if people that cannot cut it or are not looking to have to maintain professional standards and abilities after they pass their break in period go into police work in the first place. much less stay there. If better suited to working on the line at a factory, great. That is where they need to be. Being a cop is not about their personal edification and benefit. If they do it poorly, they deserve to have their ass in a sling and possibly prosecuted, depending on the kind and level of mistake they make. I can say that knowing that I like and respect most cops, but still know that is what the job is ultimately about.

Like it or not it is the responsibility of the people who command police officers to insist on continuing training, to make sure it is ingrained into those officer, that this skill set, abilities and presence of mind, and judgement is exactly what is required and there is no getting around it. It is called professionalism. Would you care if it cost more in training dollars to maintain skills, qualifications, and adherence to training standards previously achieved. I wouldn't and I'm no bleeding hear liberal. I just know that with power you must also pick up responsibility. You must have high standards for people who might wield the ultimate power over citizens. I do not care if people that cannot cut it or are not looking to have to maintain professional standards and abilities after they pass their break in period go into police work in the first place. much less stay there. If better suited to working on the line at a factory, great. That is where they need to be. Being a cop is not about their personal edification and benefit. If they do it poorly, they deserve to have their ass in a sling and possibly prosecuted, depending on the kind and level of mistake they make. I can say that knowing that I like and respect most cops, but still know that is what the job is ultimately about.
I ask again...why would anyone want to become a Police Officer today? It's a thankless job. You're now expected to be "perfect" and if you're not...then you're going to be tarred and feathered by the woke mob!

I like and respect most cops as well but I've never lost sight of the fact that they are human with all of the things that come along with that. This notion that "training" is going to somehow create a Police force that doesn't make mistakes borders on farce!

I keep coming back to the fact that Duante Williams did a series of incredibly stupid things that led to his being shot. He committed armed robbery. He didn't show up for court after getting bailed out. He drove around in a car with expired plates when he knew he had a warrant out for his arrest. Then when he got pulled over he decides to make a run for it. At some point folks...the bad choices you make in Life will eventually come back to bite you in the ass. Does that sound harsh? Probably...but if Life has taught me anything it's that Life usually IS harsh when you do moronic things!

I ask again...why would anyone want to become a Police Officer today? It's a thankless job. You're now expected to be "perfect" and if you're not...then you're going to be tarred and feathered by the woke mob!

I like and respect most cops as well but I've never lost sight of the fact that they are human with all of the things that come along with that. This notion that "training" is going to somehow create a Police force that doesn't make mistakes borders on farce!

I keep coming back to the fact that Duante Williams did a series of incredibly stupid things that led to his being shot. He committed armed robbery. He didn't show up for court after getting bailed out. He drove around in a car with expired plates when he knew he had a warrant out for his arrest. Then when he got pulled over he decides to make a run for it. At some point folks...the bad choices you make in Life will eventually come back to bite you in the ass. Does that sound harsh? Probably...but if Life has taught me anything it's that Life usually IS harsh when you do moronic things!
Nobody said mistakes wouldn't be made, but the number being made has gotten ridiculous and often when the officer is wrong, it it is covered by the blue curtain of silence and supported by people that think they should always be supported, just because they are law enforcement to the exclusion of fairness, justice and accountability.
Yet many are quite good at it. There will always be a majority that are at least acting with competence and as I said, many are quite good at it. When they aren't they have to deal with their own, as when they don't it does in fact make them all look bad and makes their job even harder and more dangerous for themselves, as well as the citizens on the street.
Bad choices do suck and can be deadly for yourself and others. You did see the officer's body cam video with sound, right? He acted stupidly, but she made a deadly mistake. The jury will see that body cam footage, like the rest of us, same as we all watched Chauvin kill that dude. When they are wrong, especially deadly wrong, there just is no legitimate excuse to cover for them.

Forum List

Back