Alvin Bragg Asks For a 30-Day Delay in Trump's Manhattan Trial

Trump wanted 90 days or dismissal of the case. Bragg wanted 30 days, judge ruled with Bragg on 30 days.

Trump's team waited till January to ask for the stuff. A stalling tactic.....they could have done so, 8 months ago, when they first got discovery.

the federal govt held this stuff back from Bragg when he asked for it 8 months ago....need to find out why???
Now tell us what the underlying crime is. Seems your hero Fat Alvin doesn't even know what it is.

The Michael Cohen stuff for discovery that was related to this case was asked for by Bragg from the SDNY who prosecuted Cohen years ago. They got this discovery material shortly afterwards from SDNY...and turned it over to trump lawyers.

Turns out, SDNY DID NOT give all to Bragg.

Trump team went thru it, saw some that they wanted was missing....they waited 8 months to ask for it, just 2 months before the trial.I

Bragg hasn't seen any of this stuff either.
Yes they didn’t turn it all over. That’s the issue. They were hiding it from the defense

We have established that

That's bullshit, because the new York case that Bragg is running is only a misdemeanor...lol
I think those are felony charges. It's more of the same dem lawfare, grossly overcharged.

The payments to Daniels weren't ever illegal, but Trump repaid the money in installments. For each invoice that Cohen sent, there are two felony "falsification of business records" counts. One count for entering the invoice into the accounting software, and another count when the payment was recorded in the general ledger.

17 payments, 34 counts.

One payment to Daniels, 34 crimes. That's democrat math.

What they can't achieve in quality, they try to make it up in quantity...

Bragg admits that some 30,00 new pages of evidence have been released by the Feds.

Is this so-called Brady material? Material favorable to the defendant. Several experts have already said that that is likely.

Prosecutors in Manhattan asked Thursday for a month-long delay of their hush-money case against former President Donald Trump, less than two weeks before the Republican presidential candidate was set to go to trial.
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg agreed to the 30-day adjournment so that the ex-president’s lawyers can sift through thousands of pages of newly disclosed evidence from U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Damian Williams.
But Williams’ office turned over 31,000 pages of new evidence related to the case on Wednesday. Williams’ office will produce another round of evidence next week, Bragg’s office added in a court filing.

/----/

1710678152661.png

I think those are felony charges. It's more of the same dem lawfare, grossly overcharged.

The payments to Daniels weren't ever illegal, but Trump repaid the money in installments. For each invoice that Cohen sent, there are two felony "falsification of business records" counts. One count for entering the invoice into the accounting software, and another count when the payment was recorded in the general ledger.

17 payments, 34 counts.

One payment to Daniels, 34 crimes. That's democrat math.

What they can't achieve in quality, they try to make it up in quantity...
It's only a felony, if Brag can prove Trump violated Federal law while violating the state laws. That's why this trial is a joke: Trump hasn't been convicted of breaking Federal campaign finance laws.

It's only a felony, if Brag can prove Trump violated Federal law while violating the state laws. That's why this trial is a joke: Trump hasn't been convicted of breaking Federal campaign finance laws.
I knew the payment was not a violation of the campaign finance laws, I just looked at the indictment and saw it was a felony indictment.

I am not aware that the felony hinges on the federal law, the indictment doesn't speak about that.

It is a joke, I agree with that not just on the allegation itself, but the gross overcharging as well.

So I just took another look at it and I agree with you. It's only a felony if it's done to cover up another crime, and the "other crime" is not even specified in the indictment.

It's not even a misdemeanor unless it is done with intent to defraud, and even that will be hard to argue because it was just lawyer's invoices, recorded as legal expenses.

Forum List

Back