What Happened to States Rights?

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
California may be considering reparations and the complaining has begun.

What happened to states rights?

1654128138913.png

Leftists have no problem promising to give OPM to anyone they favor at the moment. Nobody on the "committee" will contribute a dime, but they very well may decide that the taxpayers of California need to fork over copious amounts of money to compensate people who were never enslaved and have likely reaped significant taxpayer-funded benefits over the ensuing generations.

It would have been lovely had the promise of "forty acres and a mule" been kept, giving that grubstake to the thousands of Negro families at the close of the war. They probably had the skills and know-how to make it work.

So that's my proposal. Forty acres and a mule (or horse) to every Black family in California except for those who did not descend from slaves. Obama gets nothing. California is surely big enough to make this allocation. Lots and lots of Federally-owned acreage.

I, as a confederate states rights supporter, see no problem in this as it is a state matter. If the Federal Government did this, I'd start having an issue. But California as a state can do as it pleases as long as it follows constitutional law.
Then you're going to have problems because the federal government enacted policies that caused damage.

Leftists have no problem promising to give OPM to anyone they favor at the moment. Nobody on the "committee" will contribute a dime, but they very well may decide that the taxpayers of California need to fork over copious amounts of money to compensate people who were never enslaved and have likely reaped significant taxpayer-funded benefits over the ensuing generations.

It would have been lovely had the promise of "forty acres and a mule" been kept, giving that grubstake to the thousands of Negro families at the close of t'ts nothing. California is surely big enough to make this allocation. Lots and lots of Federally-owned acreage.
You don't have anything to propose. The government at every level implemented policies that allowed things to happen. So the case is against the various governments.

Forum List

Back