what food did you anticipate then find failing?

beignets would be mine......how could you not like a bit of fried dough covered in powdered sugar..they were heavy ....just plain heavy....

which is sad i always look forward to going to new orleans and of course everyone who is new wants to go to the cafe du monde and its not like you can order anything else.

you should have gotten them at cafe du monde.

Dabs are you my daughter-in-law? She won't eat anything that has ever swam in fresh or salt water or any kind of shellfish either.

I think my biggest disappointment was my first foray into a true fine dining restaurant where I ordered some kind of fancy fish dish. Everything, from the appetizers through the main course was disappointing--everything under seasoned and none of the exquisite or savory flavors that I was expecting. I get more tasty food at Chili's down the street from the house. The creme broulle for dessert was good but the portion was about two small bites.

I can't think of any!

I won't eat anything that came from the water......
That's just plain weird. :eek:

Heck gal, you are from Tennessee.

Please don't tell me that you won't eat catfish. :doubt:

I DO NOT eat catfish.....it comes from the water too :lol:

You've just never had a exquisitely seasoned, delicately battered, deep fried catfish served southern style with hush puppies, a great sweet slaw, and a side of fruit. Pure heaven--absolutely the most flavorful fish on the planet. I'll admit there are an awful lot of people who don't know how to cook it though.

Cannoli. When I went to Boston I was told they were "must have". I found them boring. Might have appreciated them more if I tried them a second time. But I haven't had the chance.

the worst, most surprising food was frog's legs though. I have no memory of what they tasted like. All I can remember is being able to feel the individual leg muscles so that it was impossible not to picture the frog while I ate. And that was it for me.

beignets would be mine......how could you not like a bit of fried dough covered in powdered sugar..they were heavy ....just plain heavy....

which is sad i always look forward to going to new orleans and of course everyone who is new wants to go to the cafe du monde and its not like you can order anything else.

you should have gotten them at cafe du monde.

did you read the statement.........i take people to cafe du monde every time i go to new orleans.......i just dont care for beignets

now muffalettas.....at the community grocery i love.....

cocaine.

I thought it was some kind of chocolate Christmas candy. It made me nervous and my nose itch.
So I take it rdean that cocaine was the gateway drug that lead you to your addiction to LSD and other psychedelics that continues even today?

Now I am beginning to understand why you post the bizarre and non sensical way that you do. :lol: :cuckoo:

I make jokes. But the political points are honest and documented. That's why Republicans scream in fear when I post the truth.

Deany? Those are screams of laughter.

hhhhmmm something i was all excited to try and it was disappointing..

Beer.... :puke3:

Absolutely nasty stuff. I think in my entire life Ive never had more the 2oz. total. The crazy thing is, i helped craft a specific artisan beer flavor profile. Its a best seller trademark beer for the micro brewery... but i only ever took small sips.... It was mine... and i still hate it.

Last edited:
i cant stand beer...but then i never thought it would be good.....nor do i drink wine...hate the smell of red wines

plus i am allergic to both beer and wine

Forum List

Back