what food did you anticipate then find failing?

Ya know what has never lived up to my expectations..... red velvet cake. So far ive yet to come across one that i love.

The problem I have with most red velvet cake is the cream cheese icing. It overpowers the cake which is really just very light chocolate. I have an icing recipe that is more of a buttery icing and I really like it with that.

I also have an Italian cream cake recipe that is to die for. Uses real cream, well... real everything.

Fresh Maine lobster dinner with all the trimmings.

I was layed-over (or is it laid-over) in Portland, Maine, right next to the docks.

Extremely expensive...the most I ever spent on a meal for one...and it wasn't anything special.

Very disappointing.

I was layed-over (or is it laid-over) in Portland, Maine, right next to the docks.

Extremely expensive...the most I ever spent on a meal for one...and it wasn't anything special.

Very disappointing.

Oh I know what you mean, everyone loves salmon but I've never had any that I thought was great and I've been to some great restaurants. I like other types of fish much better.

Ya know what has never lived up to my expectations..... red velvet cake. So far ive yet to come across one that i love.

The problem I have with most red velvet cake is the cream cheese icing. It overpowers the cake which is really just very light chocolate. I have an icing recipe that is more of a buttery icing and I really like it with that.

I also have an Italian cream cake recipe that is to die for. Uses real cream, well... real everything.

Probably too many people are like me and think of cake as mostly a conveyance for the icing. Cream cheese icing ... mmmm ...... *going full homer*

Probably too many people are like me and think of cake as mostly a conveyance for the icing. Cream cheese icing ... mmmm ...... *going full homer*

Oh no. Not me! Even when I was a young girl, I liked the cake. I used to beg my mother to let me have a piece of chocolate cake before she iced it. But she made me wait, then was surprised to find I didn't want any at all.

Very disappointing.

Oh I know what you mean, everyone loves salmon but I've never had any that I thought was great and I've been to some great restaurants. I like other types of fish much better.

I'm with you on the salmon. I don't dislike it, but it is not something I seek out in a restaurant. It's one of those things that people are supposed to enjoy as a delicacy or high end gourmet food, but for me, all I have ever had is really pretty blah. And Missourian, I really don't see what the big deal is about lobster either. Shrimp is much more flavorful and a whole lot cheaper. Years ago, my mom used to make great salmon croquettes from canned salmon though. I've never been able to duplicate them and get the same taste and texture I remember, so maybe it was just a kid thing.

Bone marrow! Bone marrow was very disappointing.

It always fascinated me since there is a specific spoon to eat it.

I've never tried it, but my parents said it was good, although over-rated.

It was not something i drolled and fawned over..... it was just .... well alright. However, that being said, it will not stop me from getting a set of marrow spoons if a set comes up that i like :)

It was not something i drolled and fawned over..... it was just .... well alright. However, that being said, it will not stop me from getting a set of marrow spoons if a set comes up that i like :)

BTW, what kind of beast supplied the bone marrow?

BTW, what kind of beast supplied the bone marrow?

The ones i had were beef.

88538534992160916260.jpg

Sheep nuts sucked the big one! :eusa_silenced:

Forum List

Back