Whar are your salary requirements?

What do you say when a potential employer asks? What if they were gonna offer you more?
How is it that you can be in a job interview and NOT know what the salary range for that job is going to be?

Do you homework before you even receive the first call.

If you want the job, you should know at a minimum, the following things.

Is the company publicly traded?
What product or service does the company provide
How well did the company do last year.
How many legal issues has the company had in the past ten years.
Who is in charge of Human Resources
What is the salary range of the job you are applying for....i.e....if you are a .net programmer, then salary.com will provide you a range of salaries by region.....

If you want a job, you have to work for it.

I'm definately going to do my homework. Thanks for the tough love. You sound like my brother.

I'm bold in interview.. Say - We'll how much do you make?
No.

Best thing I ever did was spill a little coffee while I was being interviewed. Just as it happened the guy asked me what some of my weaknesses were. And I replied "weaknesses!?" As if it was such an absurd question and I had none. They laughed and said hire him. Then I failed the drug test. Found out a week into the job.

Thank god I had another job starting the next week. I was going to call and turn down the second job but something told me I might not pass that drug test. The hr manager was on vacation and I made the assistant check her mail from the drug testing company. I was so embarrassed.

No.

Best thing I ever did was spill a little coffee while I was being interviewed. Just as it happened the guy asked me what some of my weaknesses were. And I replied "weaknesses!?" As if it was such an absurd question and I had none. They laughed and said hire him. Then I failed the drug test. Found out a week into the job.

Thank god I had another job starting the next week. I was going to call and turn down the second job but something told me I might not pass that drug test. The hr manager was on vacation and I made the assistant check her mail from the drug testing company. I was so embarrassed.

Dude, I'd give you my pee, but you will fail with or without it. Wont make much difference. I'm serious, though, say, "well how much do you make? HR managers LOVE bold good wit that is serious. You have to really sell it. It's all about your facial expressions. If you can say this and not smile or laugh you will get the highest salary they can offer you hands down. Because you just set the precedent not them.

I'm a business owner and I have never not gotten a job I have applied for prior to being a business owner and I'm talking big jobs at fortune 500 companies. They loved me so much they hired me on the spot. I grew up around business owners my whole life. Here's they key, but a very nice $100 white shirt with ironed black pants very nice kind silky, and put on a yellow tie of some sorts with a black sports jacket and you do this so you will stand out and be mistaken for a CEO or a very important person. Kill all your nerves in the interview and remember to put yourself in the owners shoes. Say you want to help (name the company) , because you believe you have the experience and knowledge to do so and remember everything you learned in school and everything on your resume and go over it many times on what you will say about each one and hammer the big ones home. Talk like you are already one of them or that you are better than them without saying so. When they ask you about salary say and I'm not joking - What do you make? They will LOVE this and laugh and it shows that you have high expectations and value yourself highly with great confidence. Employers love that. I would hire you on the spot if you had the balls to say that to me, because it shows that you value yourself highly and that you are prepared to earn that salary. Another question to throw at them is how much do you think a person with my degree and one of a kind work habit who will never complain, and is bold enough to ask for your salary is worth? Be serious.

I fucking blow away employers in interviews. I render them speechless. I had a female HR lady who interviewed me and i said half of this to her and she asked if I was serious, and I said mam I never lie about work or money. I was so serious when i said this she believed me and I was hired on the spot despite people waiting behind me. there was only 1 spot to give.

Do what i say if you are able and you'll get hired or they will find a better job for you.

Work for yourself...fuck a boss.

I do that too but I need a real job with benefits. I own a home construction paint tile work hard wood floor finish basements and bathrooms business. I do sales Mon thru Fri and sometimes work Saturdays and Sundays manual labor when the guys need me. I have 2 friends who are master carpenters they can do anything.

But until it pays more I need to be making a corporate salary and benefits.

My brother is a VP makes somewhere between 500 and a mill working for someone else. Should he open a subway?
So you are familiar with independent contractors! Independent contractors are your best sales people...they only live if they get you business!

(fag)

I got an interview. If I get the job I'll blow you. Lol
that is ok...but good luck at the interview.

No.

Dude, I'd give you my pee, but you will fail with or without it. Wont make much difference. I'm serious, though, say, "well how much do you make? HR managers LOVE bold good wit that is serious. You have to really sell it. It's all about your facial expressions. If you can say this and not smile or laugh you will get the highest salary they can offer you hands down. Because you just set the precedent not them.

I'm a business owner and I have never not gotten a job I have applied for prior to being a business owner and I'm talking big jobs at fortune 500 companies. They loved me so much they hired me on the spot. I grew up around business owners my whole life. Here's they key, but a very nice $100 white shirt with ironed black pants very nice kind silky, and put on a yellow tie of some sorts with a black sports jacket and you do this so you will stand out and be mistaken for a CEO or a very important person. Kill all your nerves in the interview and remember to put yourself in the owners shoes. Say you want to help (name the company) , because you believe you have the experience and knowledge to do so and remember everything you learned in school and everything on your resume and go over it many times on what you will say about each one and hammer the big ones home. Talk like you are already one of them or that you are better than them without saying so. When they ask you about salary say and I'm not joking - What do you make? They will LOVE this and laugh and it shows that you have high expectations and value yourself highly with great confidence. Employers love that. I would hire you on the spot if you had the balls to say that to me, because it shows that you value yourself highly and that you are prepared to earn that salary. Another question to throw at them is how much do you think a person with my degree and one of a kind work habit who will never complain, and is bold enough to ask for your salary is worth? Be serious.

I fucking blow away employers in interviews. I render them speechless. I had a female HR lady who interviewed me and i said half of this to her and she asked if I was serious, and I said mam I never lie about work or money. I was so serious when i said this she believed me and I was hired on the spot despite people waiting behind me. there was only 1 spot to give.

Do what i say if you are able and you'll get hired or they will find a better job for you.
That is actually good advice. I am impressed, JR.

No.

Most successful douchebag, maybe.

Work for yourself...fuck a boss.

I do that too but I need a real job with benefits. I own a home construction paint tile work hard wood floor finish basements and bathrooms business. I do sales Mon thru Fri and sometimes work Saturdays and Sundays manual labor when the guys need me. I have 2 friends who are master carpenters they can do anything.

But until it pays more I need to be making a corporate salary and benefits.

My brother is a VP makes somewhere between 500 and a mill working for someone else. Should he open a subway?
So you are familiar with independent contractors! Independent contractors are your best sales people...they only live if they get you business!

(fag)

I got an interview. If I get the job I'll blow you. Lol
that is ok..nks..but good luck at the interview.

Does this mean you don't want me to die of aids anymore? I like you too. And I'm not gay no matter how bad you want it. Lol

No.

It's because I'm the most successful person of all you morons. If this guy fails getting this job due to a drug test he should be taken out back by his mother and beaten with a stick.

I'll take that as a compliment since most owners who are successful are douchebags. They get straight to the point and can't stand stupid shit, because they really have zero time for it.

No.

I think he's the real deal. You don't make that advice up. All sounds real good down to looking like a pimp. I have the luxury of having a rich brother who gives me amazing hand me down suits just because people have seen him in that suit a few times. Its all brand new expensive shit been sitting in my closet. Last time I wore something was NY eve. I hate dressing up. Lol. But I'll look my best and make sure not to smoke

No.

It's because I'm the most successful person of all you morons. If this guy fails getting this job due to a drug test he should be taken out back by his mother and beaten with a stick.

I'll take that as a compliment since most owners who are successful are douchebags. They get straight to the point and can't stand stupid shit, because they really have zero time for it.
I Even have the expensive shoes. My bro gives me stuff I would never buy myself. $200 shirts. Really nice ties. I don't even know where you buy this stuff. Certainly not kohls JC penny or lord n Taylor or Macy's. Lol

No.

I think he's the real deal. You don't make that advice up. All sounds real good down to looking like a pimp. I have the luxury of having a rich brother who gives me amazing hand me down suits just because people have seen him in that suit a few times. Its all brand new expensive shit been sitting in my closet. Last time I wore something was NY eve. I hate dressing up. Lol. But I'll look my best and make sure not to smoke

Ok, you don't want to smell like an ash trey and people can smell smokers a mile away. Buy that mint breath freshner and put fabreze on your outfit about 40 minutes prior to the interview it will get rid of the smell and enough time will go by that you don't smell like fabreze. I have lots of smokers that work for me and had one old lady tell my father while I was up at the door with him trying to set the lead say, sir, you smell like an ashtrey, you need to quit that nasty habit! I laughed my ass off and my father was smiling really big then next day he bought fabreze and mint mouth spray and it works. God those were good times. LOL.

No.

Too many holes in his story...usually means mildly successful but nothing of note. I could be wrong...don't really care to be honest with you...but his advice was spot on.

I Even have the expensive shoes. My bro gives me stuff I would never buy myself. $200 shirts. Really nice ties. I don't even know where you buy this stuff. Certainly not kohls JC penny or lord n Taylor or Macy's. Lol

If it's sales white shirts mean you are being ernest, black pants, black shoes tip pointed are the best, make sure it's a yellow tie, and don't forget to wear a nice belt! Make sure you do your hair perfectly and nothing is sticking up IF you even have hair. BLACK SPORTS JACKET.

Make sure you have a 30 second commercial of yourself prepared as well. Don't try to BS your way through the initial 'tell me about yourself phase'.

No.

Too many holes in his story...usually means mildly successful but nothing of note. I could be wrong...don't really care to be honest with you...but his advice was spot on.
Yea he could be a total tool who's over confident and maybe has made up an alter ego of being so successful for fortune 500 companies and now owns a company. Basically suggesting he at least makes $200,000 or more a year is what I'm getting from his confkdence. He convinced me but I don't know him like you do so.... I'll go prepared well dressed and confidemt. I am the shit.

No.

If there are holes in my story please tell me and I will put an end to the people who don't know shit.

If it's sales white shirts mean you are being ernest, black pants, black shoes tip pointed are the best, make sure it's a yellow tie, and don't forget to wear a nice belt! Make sure you do your hair perfectly and nothing is sticking up IF you even have hair. BLACK SPORTS JACKET.
I wish I would have colored my hair two weeks ago. I don't want to chance a bad dye job and my salt n pepper makes me look mature? Lots of chicks love the grays. Damn it! Lol

Make sure you have a 30 second commercial of yourself prepared as well. Don't try to BS your way through the initial 'tell me about yourself phase'.

That's my favorite part, because I tend to be so full of myself, but then out of the blue I say due to this this and this I will be able to bring this to your company. I'm an interviewers wet dream.

Forum List

Back