Whar are your salary requirements?

...I did an amazing job year one.

Let me give you an example of how well Iā€™m doing. ....

How fucking insecure can this closet case idiot get?
I am so curious what you really look like. Are you a lightweight Irishman wrestling coach or a big boy. I lean towards believing you wrestle under 150. Yes that is the line.

I wrestled 155. We would go practice with other schools. All the 155 lbers wrestled together, 167, 185, 195 and heavyweight. I believe thatā€™s the way it was in the 80s. Anyways, I would whip all the 155 pounders and go to the 167 group. Ask who was the best then whip him. Then do that at each weight class all the way up to heavyweights.

I remember it was this one practice I developed the stereotype that blacks donā€™t know how to wrestle. Neither do Asians or irishmen

Sounds like a very meager boast given that everyone I've ever met on the Internet is a doctor, lawyer, or astronaut (some are all three at once), who live off the proceeds of their vast fortunes, actively date supermodels, and still have time to engage in arguments with total strangers.

Are you some sort of underachiever?
Thatā€™s because Iā€™m not making up stories.

dubious-600x494.jpg
Are you a conservative who hates hearing liberal success stories? Because if I was one of your con buddies youā€™d be liking the fuck out of my posts.

I'm just an old stupid bricklayer and make around three hundred bucks a day, if I feel like working..Smoke weed, refuse to use rubbers(they don't make them that small) and never brush my teeth..Fixodent does the evanescence work for me..

I am so curious what you really look like. Are you a lightweight Irishman wrestling coach or a big boy. I lean towards believing you wrestle under 150. Yes that is the line.

I wrestled 155. We would go practice with other schools. All the 155 lbers wrestled together, 167, 185, 195 and heavyweight. I believe thatā€™s the way it was in the 80s. Anyways, I would whip all the 155 pounders and go to the 167 group. Ask who was the best then whip him. Then do that at each weight class all the way up to heavyweights.

I remember it was this one practice I developed the stereotype that blacks donā€™t know how to wrestle. Neither do Asians or irishmen

Sounds like a very meager boast given that everyone I've ever met on the Internet is a doctor, lawyer, or astronaut (some are all three at once), who live off the proceeds of their vast fortunes, actively date supermodels, and still have time to engage in arguments with total strangers.

dubious-600x494.jpg
Are you a conservative who hates hearing liberal success stories? Because if I was one of your con buddies youā€™d be liking the fuck out of my posts.
You'll just buy more Dungeons and Dragons stuff...

What do you say when a potential employer asks? What if they were gonna offer you more?
First, do some research to know what a reasonable salary. If this question is asked, offer a figure on the high end of what is reasonable. If the potential employer is truely interested, he will most likely make a counter offer. You can't haggle the salary up if you start with a low end figure. There is an art to negotiations such as this.

You should have seen unkotare making fun of the $25,500 pontoon boat I paid cash for this past summer. Every republican on here wasnā€™t impressed.

First, do some research to know what a reasonable salary. If this question is asked, offer a figure on the high end of what is reasonable. If the potential employer is truely interested, he will most likely make a counter offer. You can't haggle the salary up if you start with a low end figure. There is an art to negotiations such as this.

:lmao:

I'm just an old stupid bricklayer and make around three hundred bucks a day, if I feel like working..Smoke weed, refuse to use rubbers(they don't make them that small) and never brush my teeth..Fixodent does the evanescence work for me..
I like that youā€™re broken broken like me maybe that makes me a fool
I like that youā€™re lonely lonely like me I could be lonely with you

Gimme a grand a week for a month to get used to things and then we'll have us a sit down and discuss real money(machinist-welder-high end fabricator----stainless spiral staircases-light aircraft engines an shit)

Letā€™s say they made 40% profit on the $40k. Thatā€™s $16k profit they made April 2015. Last April we made 30% profit on $180k. Thatā€™s $54k profit.

Given the weakness you have in economics, finance, accounting, and anything dealing with math, on what basis do you calculate this"profit" you allege they made?

I've explained before what EBIT is and why the use of "profit" is generally imprecise and inappropriate. I suspect that as a line item on an actual income statement, the ROCE on your salary is not anywhere close to what you fantasize it to be.

Letā€™s say they made 40% profit on the $40k. Thatā€™s $16k profit they made April 2015. Last April we made 30% profit on $180k. Thatā€™s $54k profit.

Given the weakness you have in economics, finance, accounting, and anything dealing with math, on what basis do you calculate this"profit" you allege they made?

I've explained before what EBIT is and why the use of "profit" is generally imprecise and inappropriate. I suspect that as a line item on an actual income statement, the ROCE on your salary is not anywhere close to what you fantasize it to be.
Thatā€™s what the new boss said about the 26-40% profit I say I make. EBIT. Iā€™m Working on getting that up.

Letā€™s put it this way. The owners come in from Germany and thank me and they want to find someone like me in Germany.

EBIT or not, I took us from $40k in aftermarket a month to $181k. Maybe I gave up 5% to get all that business but it still adds up to a lot.

Letā€™s say itā€™s 20% of 1.8 mill. Thatā€™s 360,000.

But you are right Iā€™m not great in accounting, finance, economics. Never claimed to be. But I can sell the fuck out of anything.

What is ROCE?

I told my brother this story and he does know what heā€™s talking about. Heā€™s a high up big wig vp who helps companies restructure. Anyways, he was agreeing with my new boss IF we were a big company. But we are not. So hereā€™s a great example.

We donā€™t get as big of a discount on machine tools as we do our stuff thatā€™s not machine tools. Long story short is we donā€™t get 46-60% off machine tools we only get 10% off. So I told my customers Iā€™d give them 5% off machine tools. Hereā€™s the problem. Letā€™s say itā€™s $5000 machine tool. Do you want to make $250 on that $5000? Ok after EBIT itā€™s $150. Do you want that money? One of those a week is an extra how much a year? A big company would say no a small company says heā€™ll yea.

I told my brother this story and he does know what heā€™s talking about. Heā€™s a high up big wig vp who helps companies restructure. Anyways, he was agreeing with my new boss IF we were a big company. But we are not. So hereā€™s a great example.

We donā€™t get as big of a discount on machine tools as we do our stuff thatā€™s not machine tools. Long story short is we donā€™t get 46-60% off machine tools we only get 10% off. So I told my customers Iā€™d give them 5% off machine tools. Hereā€™s the problem. Letā€™s say itā€™s $5000 machine tool. Do you want to make $250 on that $5000? Ok after EBIT itā€™s $150. Do you want that money? One of those a week is an extra how much a year? A big company would say no a small company says heā€™ll yea.

What?

Good lord, you have no clue.

What you sell a product for is irrelevant.

You have to determine the cost factors:

• Labor
  • Material
  • Overhead
If you are not directly making the part, then you are in a support role, hence overhead.

So if you buy a cutter for a mill for $3,850, then have a man package it taking 10 hours, at $30 and hour, you incur $300 in labor. A standard overhead is 200% so you have $600

Your cost of sales is $4,750 giving you a gross margin of $250. But before that is net profit you have to factor in G&A and myriad of other expenses, leaving you with Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (Depreciation and Amortization) or EBIT (DA)

The idea that your employer is making "30% profit" on your salary is laughable. If you are in an overhead or administrative role, there is no direct line to earnings.

What?

Good lord, you have no clue.

What you sell a product for is irrelevant.

You have to determine the cost factors:

• Labor
  • Material
  • Overhead
If you are not directly making the part, then you are in a support role, hence overhead.

So if you buy a cutter for a mill for $3,850, then have a man package it taking 10 hours, at $30 and hour, you incur $300 in labor. A standard overhead is 200% so you have $600

Your cost of sales is $4,750 giving you a gross margin of $250. But before that is net profit you have to factor in G&A and myriad of other expenses, leaving you with Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (Depreciation and Amortization) or EBIT (DA)

The idea that your employer is making "30% profit" on your salary is laughable. If you are in an overhead or administrative role, there is no direct line to earnings.
I said theyā€™re making 30% profit on the stuff I sell. So if we get 50% off and I give 20% we keep 30%.

I do understand the other costs but there is very little cost. Company A buys company Bs product from us. Company B ships the stuff to company A and they bill us. We bill company A. We never touch the product.

But we have a biller and collections person and controller/accounting person who now have to shuffle the paperwork. So do I have to factor in all of their salaries?

Remember we all do other things too. Iā€™m constantly passing leads to other departments and getting customers to sign up for training. The lady billing is also the office manager.

I thought my job as a salesperson was to make them all busy?

Anyways, I know Iā€™m not 100% right. Iā€™ll work on my EBIT

Forum List

Back