They went and did it.....Oregon cancels all math and reading proficiency requirements for high school graduation

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Oregon Governor Kate Brown signed a bill last month that high school students do not have to prove they can read, write, or do math before they graduate.

Senate Bill 744, which was passed in June and signed into law last month, suspends the proficiency requirements for students for three years, the Washington Examiner reported.

According to the Oregonian, Brown signed Senate Bill 744 privately and did not issue a news release on July 14, but wasn't added to the state's database until July 29, which isn't the norm.

Secretary of the Senate Lori Brocker, whose office is responsible for updating the legislative database, told the Washington Examiner that the bill wasn't uploaded to the database due to a staffer being out with medical issues during those 15 days.

Supporters of the bill say the existing skills were an unfair challenge to students who did not test well.

In an email to the media outlets, Charles Boyle, a spokesman for the governor, said the new standards for graduation would help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

I wonder if they have to show-up for class or can they hire a substitute?

I swear the bottom is out of the bucket of any state where leftist dems have held sway for any length of time.

Just look at this leftist.....I wouldn't trust her with organizing a closet, much less running a state.

FQYBQ7KGZVD5XPAX7T3RL24KTY.JPG

Oregon Governor Kate Brown signed a bill last month that high school students do not have to prove they can read, write, or do math before they graduate.

Senate Bill 744, which was passed in June and signed into law last month, suspends the proficiency requirements for students for three years, the Washington Examiner reported.

According to the Oregonian, Brown signed Senate Bill 744 privately and did not issue a news release on July 14, but wasn't added to the state's database until July 29, which isn't the norm.

Secretary of the Senate Lori Brocker, whose office is responsible for updating the legislative database, told the Washington Examiner that the bill wasn't uploaded to the database due to a staffer being out with medical issues during those 15 days.

Supporters of the bill say the existing skills were an unfair challenge to students who did not test well.

In an email to the media outlets, Charles Boyle, a spokesman for the governor, said the new standards for graduation would help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

I swear the bottom is out of the bucket of any state where leftist dems have held sway for any length of time.

Just look at this leftist.....I wouldn't trust her with organizing a closet, much less running a state.

words elude me,,

not that they could read them anyway,,,

Google says:

Oregon ranks 39th overall in return on investment (ROI) in education spending. Oregon spends the 24th-most per pupil among states, spending $15,523 in cost-of-living-adjusted terms annually. Oregon ranks 42nd in its combined fourth-grade and eighth-grade math and reading average NAEP score.

Update:

Only a year old. ;)

Oregon’s high school students will not have to prove basic proficiency in reading, writing, or math to graduate until 2029, the state board of education decided Thursday.

The Oregon Board of Education’s unanimous decision extends the pandemic era pause on the graduation requirement, which was paused in 2021 through the end of the current school year by former Governor Kate Brown, a Democrat.

2029.....WTF?

Google says:

Oregon ranks 39th overall in return on investment (ROI) in education spending. Oregon spends the 24th-most per pupil among states, spending $15,523 in cost-of-living-adjusted terms annually. Oregon ranks 42nd in its combined fourth-grade and eighth-grade math and reading average NAEP score.

Number 50 here they come!

Google says:

Tina Kotek is the current governor.

The last election was between a moderate, a liberal and a Stalinist and the Stalinist won -- this, despite the moderate leading in the polls the entire election.

I’m waiting for the liberal defense of this outrageous democrat policy

Where are the libs?

Hum?

That was back in 2021 I believe. But I sure wouldn't want my kids in the Oregon school systems. I wonder how many teachers will actually try to educate students who don't need to be educated in anything in order to graduate?

And now that the three year 'experiment' is up, I wonder if they'll extend this wonderful regression of education in America?

Move to Oregon where the kids turn out, as their dumb parents and politicians, want them to.
1710561175834.jpeg

Where have I seen this before.
A lesbian gets in office and quickly proceeds to destroy her own state.

Don't hire anybody under 21.

Tina Kotek is the current governor.

The last election was between a moderate, a liberal and a Stalinist and the Stalinist won -- this, despite the moderate leading in the polls the entire election.
And then Kotek got a mysterious sudden DUMP of thousands of votes, at 3:00 in the morning ?

Fucking planet of the apes!

Wow, this might be way not so smart and lazy liberal teachers flock to Democrat states for a free ride at the taxpayers expense.

Yup, time to disband the teachers unions and save the children from chronic Democrat stupidity.

Forum List

Back