Whar are your salary requirements?

Is it a sales position?
Yes
If you are interviewing with the sales manager, he might ask you about the last book you read. Don't say Brokeback Mountain. Find a good book on sales and be able to talk about what it taught you. I suggest an oldie...How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

Read how to make queers straight. If this guy is older he'll love it. LOL! just kidding. Say you read one of Zig Ziglars books. He'll hire you just for saying that. Dead serious about that.

First he loved my work experience and the letter of recommendation my former employer wrote me.

Then we talked about our travels and work history and confident worked but I don't think cocky would have. Its just not me. But he would have liked you too I'm sure. You clearly pull it off well.

I'll let you know when its official but he all but told me its a done deal and he should have the OK from owners on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

PS. We never discussed pay. I already told him what my salary requirements are so I'm assuming he wouldnt have called me in if it were going to be less and I'm just assuming he won't offer me less than what I said but we shall see. What if its $10 or $20k more! We shall see.

What do you say when a potential employer asks? What if they were gonna offer you more?

Why do you ask?

No one is going to pay you above minimum, Silly Bonobo.

You think were all broke? What about warren buffet and Soros?

I have a masters and lots of business experience. I keep my atheist liberal opinions to myself in the real world. The only loud idiots are republicans coming in to complain about Obama and Hillary. Lol

What do you say when a potential employer asks? What if they were gonna offer you more?

Why do you ask?

No one is going to pay you above minimum, Silly Bonobo.
I'm glad you said that. When I posted this I was offered $50K to start. Then it was $55K plus bonus' the next year. I hit every bonus so $70K this year. I just got a HUGE raise. $25K more than I make now raise plus commission. 1.5% commiss. So today alone I sold $20K. What's 1.5% of that? $300? So today I just made my salary plus $300. I'm fucking rich!!! LOL.

I tripled sales. One sale last month was for $60K and my company made $30K clear profit on it. I'll sell 1.5 million this year and my company will make around $700K CLEAR.

My boss and I had a great conversation last week. I said, "when are you ever paid what you are worth?" Because when I first interviewed I had no idea I would be doing this well. And now that I have all these new customers buying from my company, I could leave tomorrow and the business will continue to come in.

He gave me $15K more than what we agreed on. I was a little upset the raise was only $10K plus commission and 2 days later he gave me a $25K plus commission raise.

Not too many companies are this generous. But I can tell you that now I feel I am making what I am worth.

I'm glad I didn't go too high on the starting pay because boy did it pay off.

First, do some research to know what a reasonable salary. If this question is asked, offer a figure on the high end of what is reasonable. If the potential employer is truely interested, he will most likely make a counter offer. You can't haggle the salary up if you start with a low end figure. There is an art to negotiations such as this.
Would you like to know how this job is working out? I did an amazing job year one. The president fucked me by only giving me a $7000 raise. So year two I was making $47k. I told the next president that raise was a slap in the face considering how much money I was making the company. He bumped my salary up $20,000 and gave me 1.5% commission.

This year I made $90k.

The new president is talking about me taking over all aftermarket and paying me 1.5%. That would be over $100k in commission. That would mean more than $165K. I’ll keep you all posted. I’m glad I started this thread I can look back and see how this is going.

Let me give you an example of how well I’m doing. My first full month was April 2015. I sold $40k that month. What did I sell April 2018? $181,000. I’ve almost quadrupled their sales.

Let’s say they made 40% profit on the $40k. That’s $16k profit they made April 2015. Last April we made 30% profit on $180k. That’s $54k profit.

First, do some research to know what a reasonable salary. If this question is asked, offer a figure on the high end of what is reasonable. If the potential employer is truely interested, he will most likely make a counter offer. You can't haggle the salary up if you start with a low end figure. There is an art to negotiations such as this.
...I did an amazing job year one.

Let me give you an example of how well I’m doing. ....

How fucking insecure can this closet case idiot get?

Dude, I went from $40 to 90 and the new pres is talking about $170k.

I’m drunk stoned and happy. You’re jelly

You sound stuck at 60 and you have to coach to make that much. And you talk about working weekends to make ends meet. I don’t know how you do it with kids unless you have a spouse that works?

Dude....

I’m drunk stoned and happy. You’re jelly

You are stupid and painfully insecure.

You sound stuck at 60 and you have to coach to make that much. And you talk about working weekends to make ends meet. I don’t know how you do it with kids unless you have a spouse that works?

OK, whip them out, we'll settle this once and for all...

516ce82f-4d39-424f-90a9-0ad06e2d7925_1.f382776560e1be7ce74c3af3d5e87859.jpeg

I am so curious what you really look like. Are you a lightweight Irishman wrestling coach or a big boy. I lean towards believing you wrestle under 150. Yes that is the line.

I wrestled 155. We would go practice with other schools. All the 155 lbers wrestled together, 167, 185, 195 and heavyweight. I believe that’s the way it was in the 80s. Anyways, I would whip all the 155 pounders and go to the 167 group. Ask who was the best then whip him. Then do that at each weight class all the way up to heavyweights.

I remember it was this one practice I developed the stereotype that blacks don’t know how to wrestle. Neither do Asians or irishmen

OK, whip them out, we'll settle this once and for all...

516ce82f-4d39-424f-90a9-0ad06e2d7925_1.f382776560e1be7ce74c3af3d5e87859.jpeg
He probably wrestled under 150. He won’t say. If he’s above 150 he’d probably kill me but he sounds like a lightweight

I am so curious what you really look like. Are you a lightweight Irishman wrestling coach or a big boy. I lean towards believing you wrestle under 150. Yes that is the line.

I wrestled 155. We would go practice with other schools. All the 155 lbers wrestled together, 167, 185, 195 and heavyweight. I believe that’s the way it was in the 80s. Anyways, I would whip all the 155 pounders and go to the 167 group. Ask who was the best then whip him. Then do that at each weight class all the way up to heavyweights.

I remember it was this one practice I developed the stereotype that blacks don’t know how to wrestle. Neither do Asians or irishmen

Sounds like a very meager boast given that everyone I've ever met on the Internet is a doctor, lawyer, or astronaut (some are all three at once), who live off the proceeds of their vast fortunes, actively date supermodels, and still have time to engage in arguments with total strangers.

Are you some sort of underachiever?

Sounds like a very meager boast given that everyone I've ever met on the Internet is a doctor, lawyer, or astronaut (some are all three at once), who live off the proceeds of their vast fortunes, actively date supermodels, and still have time to engage in arguments with total strangers.

That’s because I’m not making up stories.

That’s because I’m not making up stories.

dubious-600x494.jpg

Tell the interviewers what are your requirements, and let them know that will be re-evaluated in six months.
I remember a year in some guy told me you make your deal on the way in. So I thought I would be making $60k now. The second president must have worried I might leave but to be honest I wouldn’t quit this job even if they only paid me $40k. That’s why I said $40k was the lowest I would accept to start there. I don’t have any bills so $40k plus insurance is more than enough.

But now I know I make my company about $500k clear profit a year so I’m worth $100k.

Soon I might be making $165k.

Forum List

Back