Well looks like people who dont file taxes using direct deposit wont get a check until August

I read in WaPo that folks on SSI would be getting a check. . . which I DO NOT understand why. . . that shit makes no sense.

These folks lose many of their support programs if they have assets over a grand. . . so why would the government give them money?

WTF?! :dunno:
its more than a grand.....
It really depends on the program.

For HUD, it's 1000, for a single person with SSI it is 2 Grand, I am not sure about asset limits for SNAP at the moment. . . nor am I sure about the limits for Lifeline, for I only apply for those programs that I believe I really need. . . I never want to apply for too much assistance for that very reason. For some programs, they even figure in your automobile in as an asset.

You must remember to make the distinction between SSI, SSDI, and SSA, when applying for the various programs.

However, if you have a disability and you have no ability for gainful employment, but are really good at budgeting, this is something that they DO penalize you for saving too much for. Savers are penalized, spenders are rewarded. It is a screwed up system.

They penalize folks for being frugal, and encourage people to spend like drunken idiots to keep their balance at zero.

. . . just like folks living paycheck to paycheck.

I read in WaPo that folks on SSI would be getting a check. . . which I DO NOT understand why. . . that shit makes no sense.

These folks lose many of their support programs if they have assets over a grand. . . so why would the government give them money?

For HUD, it's 1000, for a single person with SSI it is 2 Grand, I am not sure about asset limits for SNAP at the moment. . . nor am I sure about the limits for Lifeline, for I only apply for those programs that I believe I really need. . . I never want to apply for too much assistance for that very reason. For some programs, they even figure in your automobile in as an asset.

You must remember to make the distinction between SSI, SSDI, and SSA, when applying for the various programs.

However, if you have a disability and you have no ability for gainful employment, but are really good at budgeting, this is something that they DO penalize you for saving too much for. Savers are penalized, spenders are rewarded. It is a screwed up system.

They penalize folks for being frugal, and encourage people to spend like drunken idiots to keep their balance at zero.

my mother in law was on that and they told her it was like 2500 bucks.....but then that was California so......

It's kind of funny that each American could be so easily bribed with $1200 bucks in return for each one taking on $17,000 worth of additional debt.

And then they're just gonna recup the $1200 in later tax filing years anyway. lol.

VEQdBn7.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm still baffled by the school of thought that the government is better at running things

Example: If you have social security you are receiving your "check." If you are relying on your retirement investment you are fucked.

If Social Security were to exist by the time I retire you might have a point, but since by all projections it won’t, I’m not sure what your point is. Even then you wouldn’t have much of one being that the average return on the stock market is 11% per year and for Social Security it’s barely over 1%. Counties and various other governments who opted out of Social Security before the federal government made that illegal have far better retirement returns for their employees than Social Security provides the average citizen. That is a fact

Those better returns would be true if the retirement funds were not raided by state legislatures to pay off their pet projects.

I'm still baffled by the school of thought that the government is better at running things

Example: If you have social security you are receiving your "check." If you are relying on your retirement investment you are fucked.

If Social Security were to exist by the time I retire you might have a point, but since by all projections it won’t, I’m not sure what your point is. Even then you wouldn’t have much of one being that the average return on the stock market is 11% per year and for Social Security it’s barely over 1%. Counties and various other governments who opted out of Social Security before the federal government made that illegal have far better retirement returns for their employees than Social Security provides the average citizen. That is a fact

Social Security will be there when you retire, how much you receive will be in question. Republican failures of 1987, 2001, 2008, and 2020 will determine the amount.

Americans live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough pay.

Quit bloviating for the wealthy and Corporate America......we don't need your help, we have Republicans!

Just this morning they stated they are already going out and it won't be as long as they predicted....

One would think that with all of that so-called extra money everyone was bragging about having in their paychecks that they'd be able to survive a couple of weeks without the government coming to their rescue. What happened to that?

I thought everything was rainbows and unicorns before this bug started going around.

I almost wanna go rooting through old posts. Heh heh. But what's really to be had by saying I told you so...

Is it that many people that dont have direct deposit

What were you trying to say? People who didn't file their taxes on line or people who don't use direct deposit at their bank or both?

those who filed and had the check mailed

Just this morning they stated they are already going out and it won't be as long as they predicted....

One would think that with all of that so-called extra money everyone was bragging about having in their paychecks that they'd be able to survive a couple of weeks without the government coming to their rescue. What happened to that?

I thought everything was rainbows and unicorns before this bug started going around.

I almost wanna go rooting through old posts. Heh heh. But what's really to be had by saying I told you so...
Can you imagine what we would look like if this happened in 2010?....the great Trump economy has been a nice cushion for people in all category's....Lets hope it ends soon so we can get back to work...you do want that don't you?...or do you want things to get worse?...you seem to be hoping for doom....that's sad...

Can you imagine what we would look like if this happened in 2010?....the great Trump economy has been a nice cushion for people in all category's....Lets hope it ends soon so we can get back to work...you do want that don't you?...or do you want things to get worse?...you seem to be hoping for doom....that's sad...

The media seems to be hoping for doom too

Quit bloviating for the wealthy and Corporate America......we don't need your help, we have Republicans!
Bullshit.

Look how much extra cash they had to spend on presents. . .

. . . only 3% were strapped for cash.

Bullshit.

Look how much extra cash they had to spend on presents. . .

. . . only 3% were strapped for cash.

According to you Americans shouldn't by Christmas gifts?

Maybe because seniors on fixed income need it? Bet Gates, Buffet, Bezos etc get checks too.

Maybe because seniors on fixed income need it? Bet Gates, Buffet, Bezos etc get checks too.
Nope. They make too much money!

Well. . . unless the price of consumer goods fluctuates wildly, I don't' see why they would. Nothing in their lives is going to change, their source of income is still going to remain the same, thus, their budgets will remain constant.

I don't understand how you figure that their "needs" would change. . . :dunno:

Millions of folks live paycheck to paycheck because they live way beyond their means.

Forum List

Back