Well looks like people who dont file taxes using direct deposit wont get a check until August

Well, that sucks as I will be getting a check.
Not that we have anywhere to blow it until August anyway.

Just this morning they stated they are already going out and it won't be as long as they predicted....

I read in WaPo that folks on SSI would be getting a check. . . which I DO NOT understand why. . . that shit makes no sense.

These folks lose many of their support programs if they have assets over a grand. . . so why would the government give them money?

WTF?! :dunno:

I'm still baffled by the school of thought that the government is better at running things

I agree, the current administration is totally flummoxed on how to handle this virus. Today I saw Gen. Honore on TV and his common sense direction on how to go forward ought to be put into place by The President.

One more example of the chaos and crazy behavior happened when the Skipper of Truman was fired, and then when the public outcry was loud, he was then reassigned:

I read in WaPo that folks on SSI would be getting a check. . . which I DO NOT understand why. . . that shit makes no sense.

These folks lose many of their support programs if they have assets over a grand. . . so why would the government give them money?

Which is why Democrats pushed for the $200mo COLA.

If $1199.99 was a life changer ? Regroup since craigslist purged the personals. I bet you could take a cruise around the planet now for about 69 bucks

its more than a grand.....

I'm still baffled by the school of thought that the government is better at running things

Example: If you have social security you are receiving your "check." If you are relying on your retirement investment you are fucked.

If Social Security were to exist by the time I retire you might have a point, but since by all projections it won’t, I’m not sure what your point is. Even then you wouldn’t have much of one being that the average return on the stock market is 11% per year and for Social Security it’s barely over 1%. Counties and various other governments who opted out of Social Security before the federal government made that illegal have far better retirement returns for their employees than Social Security provides the average citizen. That is a fact

I agree, the current administration is totally flummoxed on how to handle this virus. Today I saw Gen. Honore on TV and his common sense direction on how to go forward ought to be put into place by The President.

My comments have absolutely nothing to do with the current administration, but your partisan response is more than predictable giving your limited capacity for critical thinking

If $1199.99 was a life changer ? Regroup since craigslist purged the personals. I bet you could take a cruise around the planet now for about 69 bucks

if the CL personals was still around $300 of that 1200 would have went toward that

When the check arrives it'll go directly to pay ahead my electric bill. Money in the bank is at risk of being seized. Sad when one can trust an electric-supplier monopoly more than one can trust government.

in the risk of being seized?

Forum List

Back