‘We lost!': Russia admits defeat as Ukraine makes major gain in counter offensive push

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008

‘We lost!': Russia admits defeat as Uk​

Russian forces defending a major flashpoint on the frontline have admitted a rare defeat as Ukrainian officials claimed their soldiers had "entrenched" themselves in the village.

Urozhaine, near the Zaporizhzhia/Donetsk border, has been the site of heavy tank battles for weeks as Ukrainian forces looked to accelerate their counter offensive.

Hanna Mailar, Ukraine's deputy defence minister, claimed on Wednesday morning (August 16) that their forces had "released" the village from the occupying Russians.

Minutes later, the Chechen Vostok Battalion, leading the Russian forces in Urozhaine, admitted that Ukraine had "penetrated our defences".

The liberation of Urozhaine amounts to a major breakthrough for Ukraine as they look to proceed down the spine of the Russian fortifications to the Sea of Azov.

MSN

Ukraine advances and Russia retreats.

Attachments

• 1692201995553.png
    1692201995553.png
    68 bytes · Views: 9
Is this another trap set by Russia that will result in another slaughter of thousands? Or can the Ukraine build on it?

Is this another trap set by Russia that will result in another slaughter of thousands? Or can the Ukraine build on it?
That is the question: will the AFU make it all the way to the coast, cutting the Russian forces in Ukraine in two and setting up the liberation of Crimea, before winter sets in or will that have to wait until the spring counteroffensive?

That is the question: will the AFU make it all the way to the coast, cutting the Russian forces in Ukraine in two and setting up the liberation of Crimea, before winter sets in or will that have to wait until the spring counteroffensive?
The question in my opinion is on how many thousands of Ukrainian troops have once again been carelessly thrown into a trap?

And don''t forget, in the instance of the Ukraine being able to demonstrate some measurable success, the Russians hold the option of discarding the mutually agreed upon limitations on the war against America.

The Crimea is Russia! At least in the opinion of Russia.

We all must set the armchair war aside now and become wholly objective.

The Ukrainians will have a hard time with Crimea. That's a blood feud. I doubt that Ukraine will prevail.

The question in my opinion is on how many thousands of Ukrainian troops have once again been carelessly thrown into a trap?

And don''t forget, in the instance of the Ukraine being able to demonstrate some measurable success, the Russians hold the option of discarding the mutually agreed upon limitations on the war against America.

The Crimea is Russia! At least in the opinion of Russia.

We all must set the armchair war aside now and become wholly objective.
No, the question is, as I have said, whether the AFU can reach the coast, cutting the Russian forces in Ukraine in two, and setting up Crimea to be liberated. If it can, the war is at least 2/3 over, and the Russian retreat from Ukraine will begin.

No, the question is, as I have said, whether the AFU can reach the coast, cutting the Russian forces in Ukraine in two, and setting up Crimea to be liberated.
That's always possible.
If it can, the war is at least 2/3 over, and the Russian retreat from Ukraine will begin.
I will only disagree in that I will suggest that the war has not really started yet.

If Russia is threatened with the loss of the vital Crimea, the war will likely be started!

For the Ukraine, the war is over.

For America and Russia............................

That's always possible.

I will only disagree in that I will suggest that the war has not really started yet.

If Russia is threatened with the loss of the vital Crimea, the war will likely be started!

For the Ukraine, the war is over.

For America and Russia............................
Look at a map and it is clear Crimea is not vital to Russia's security, only to Putin's ego. Your suggestion that Russia is holding back is without any rational basis in fact or logic.

It's worth mentioning that the Russian fleet is totally exposed and vulnerable.

But it's also worth mentioning that measure of attack by the Ukraine/America is off the table.

Just another uncomfortable detail that takes into account the vitally necessary mutually agreed upon limitations on the war.

Can there even be a discussion on the prospect of the Ukraine's forces prevailing in any significant way?

Has it not become a simple question on when the 'last' Ukrainian will be killed?

Once it can no longer be supplied by Russia, Crimea should fall quite easily.
Don't count on it. The Crimeans will fight to their last breath. The hatred they have for Ukraine is visceral and universal. It will be a house to house, room by room fight.

It's worth mentioning that the Russian fleet is totally exposed and vulnerable.

But it's also worth mentioning that measure of attack by the Ukraine/America is off the table.

Just another uncomfortable detail that takes into account the vitally necessary mutually agreed upon limitations on the war.

Can there even be a discussion on the prospect of the Ukraine's forces prevailing in any significant way?

Has it not become a simple question on when the 'last' Ukrainian will be killed?
lol Only in your desperate fantasies.

Look at a map and it is clear Crimea is not vital to Russia's security, only to Putin's ego. Your suggestion that Russia is holding back is without any rational basis in fact or logic.
America's/the Ukraine's opinion on the importance of the Crimea, differs from Russia's.

Get out of your armchair. I'm going to remain objective and I won't be needing mine.

Try to appreciate the very dangerous situation that America has brought on to the world and all of humanity.

Nobody should be hoping for a Ukraine win. It's simply impossible and not in the cards.

America's/the Ukraine's opinion on the importance of the Crimea, differs from Russia's.

Get out of your armchair. I'm going to remain objective and I won't be needing mine.

Try to appreciate the very dangerous situation that America has brought on to the world and all of humanity.

Nobody should be hoping for a Ukraine win. It's simply impossible and not in the cards.
As the vote in the UNGA demonstrated and as the consensus on restoring Ukraine's territorial integrity at the recent peace summit showed, nearly the whole world is hoping for an Ukrainian win.

The majority of people living in Crimea are ethnic Russians and spoke the Russian language. They were persecuted and treated as 3rd class citizens by the Ukraine government.
Putin finally decided to help the Crimean people and sent soldiers to liberate them.
Not a single person was killed and the people were overjoyed and overwhelmingly voted for Crimea to become a part of Russia.

As the vote in the UNGA demonstrated and as the consensus on restoring Ukraine's territorial integrity at the recent peace summit showed, nearly the whole world is hoping for an Ukrainian win.
I think it's best that I keep my disagreement to myself and just grant you that talking point.

It's not productive to argue from an armchair.

Forum List

Back