Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

This is great. Goes to show that it can be done.
This is how it should be done. Not by government force.
Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
I wouldnt work for a place like that :dunno:
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.
It might be hard for you, but you cant speak for all of America.

One person can land the better job. Millions of others that need to work can not.
Dude, if you cant find a job that pays over 15 bucks an hour, you are either a complete loser or a teenager.

One person can. Millions can not.
Only one person can find a job making 15 bucks or above? What?

You understand.
No i dont. Please elaborate

Yes you do. No one is taking the $10 an hour job because there are so many out there paying $15.
What pays 10 bucks an hour? A part time job at a convenience store? Starting pay through a third party employer? Starting pay for a shitty little factory?

The pay for the regular workers. A small number will advance but many others will not.

Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.
Can I speak for most Americans? Because fo most us workers, wages have barely budged in decades.

When I took this job I said the minimum I would accept to start was $40,000. But I would want a raise if I was successful. I killed it the first two years and each year I only got a $5000 raise. I told the new president I was insulted by the raises I got and he gave me what I was worth. Alost $50,000 raise. This is unheard of. The only reason he gave me the raise is I could show him I was making our company $500,000 a year.

Everyone else at my company who has complained they weren’t making enough, the company let go. One woman in my opinion was just as important as I was but rather than pay her $80,000 they hired two girls for $40,000 each. She went into real estate. And if the two girls can easily go find a better paying job, why don’t they?

One person can land the better job. Millions of others that need to work can not.
Dude, if you cant find a job that pays over 15 bucks an hour, you are either a complete loser or a teenager.

You understand.

Yes you do. No one is taking the $10 an hour job because there are so many out there paying $15.
What pays 10 bucks an hour? A part time job at a convenience store? Starting pay through a third party employer? Starting pay for a shitty little factory?

The pay for the regular workers. A small number will advance but many others will not.
If better wages dont come with seniority, why work there? You are not respected.
If you only make 10 bucks an hour at a gas station, get another job. I have had two jobs at once. And i wasnt out begging the government to force companies to pay a wage i wanted either.
IDK guess im not a whiny bitch.

Can I speak for most Americans? Because fo most us workers, wages have barely budged in decades.

When I took this job I said the minimum I would accept to start was $40,000. But I would want a raise if I was successful. I killed it the first two years and each year I only got a $5000 raise. I told the new president I was insulted by the raises I got and he gave me what I was worth. Alost $50,000 raise. This is unheard of. The only reason he gave me the raise is I could show him I was making our company $500,000 a year.

Everyone else at my company who has complained they weren’t making enough, the company let go. One woman in my opinion was just as important as I was but rather than pay her $80,000 they hired two girls for $40,000 each. She went into real estate. And if the two girls can easily go find a better paying job, why don’t they?
Yet, you support the Dem party whos policies hurt wages. So instead of voting for someone that would make POSITIVE changes to the country, you would rather keep voting for idiots while giving more power to our failed fed gov.
Thats insanity. Or the lack of thinking ability. For you, probably a mix of both.

You understand.

If better wages dont come with seniority, why work there? You are not respected.
If you only make 10 bucks an hour at a gas station, get another job. I have had two jobs at once. And i wasnt out begging the government to force companies to pay a wage i wanted either.
IDK guess im not a whiny bitch.

If after 10 years they are making $11.50 they still are not being treated right.

As long as businesses are forcing the government to provide them billions. I am always going to support those on the other end.

Yet, you support the Dem party whos policies hurt wages. So instead of voting for someone that would make POSITIVE changes to the country, you would rather keep voting for idiots while giving more power to our failed fed gov.
Thats insanity. Or the lack of thinking ability. For you, probably a mix of both.

When that person comes along we can then consider him.

If after 10 years they are making $11.50 they still are not being treated right.
I agree. What kind of person with self respect would continue giving their life to a group of assholes like that?

When that person comes along we can then consider him.
There are always decent people running, they just dont get any facetime because they have the integrity not to represent the duopoly.

It would be nice to be able to tell my company if they don’t give me a raise I will go somewhere else and then be able to easily go somewhere else that pays more. If it were that easy we wouldn’t have such a struggling middle class.

This is why America was great when 35% of our workforce was unionized. If a non union company didn’t pay well people could go work for a union company.

And when unions collectively bargained and got raises, non union companies had to give raises for fear their good employees would leave or organize.

Now that unions barely exist, employers don’t have to give raises. Instead we have seen ceo pay skyrocket.

It would be nice to be able to tell my company if they don’t give me a raise I will go somewhere else and then be able to easily go somewhere else that pays more. If it were that easy we wouldn’t have such a struggling middle class.

This is why America was great when 35% of our workforce was unionized. If a non union company didn’t pay well people could go work for a union company.

And when unions collectively bargained and got raises, non union companies had to give raises for fear their good employees would leave or organize.

Now that unions barely exist, employers don’t have to give raises. Instead we have seen ceo pay skyrocket.
If you are making 100K a year, what would happen to you is irrelevant to people making under 15 bucks an hour.

You are making fun of trumps base. Blue collar workers. The average salary for them is $31,000 a year. That’s $15 hr

I had a good paying job. Where I worked it was a mix of company employee's and contractors. The contractors were paid less than half what I was.

People took these jobs because they were a stepping stone to getting hired with the company. I should note, they used to be company jobs in the past also.

The company like so many others cut, cut, cut. They didn't hire for years and then decided they would hire people after taking college classes. Contractors were out of luck even though many had worked there for years.

The company (despite making billions and being a huge multinational company was going to cut my pay also) no way I could have got a better job. I was lucky and said "screw it" and retired at 58.

I had a good paying job. Where I worked it was a mix of company employee's and contractors. The contractors were paid less than half what I was.

People took these jobs because they were a stepping stone to getting hired with the company. I should note, they used to be company jobs in the past also.

The company like so many others cut, cut, cut. They didn't hire for years and then decided they would hire people after taking college classes. Contractors were out of luck even though many had worked there for years.

The company (despite making billions and being a huge multinational company was going to cut my pay also) no way I could have got a better job. I was lucky and said "screw it" and retired at 58.
One company?

Other companies have done it also.
So? Math not strong with you, and a question it appears the left now hates tariffs because they say they have to pay for it, why do you want to pay more for the same thing?

One company?

Other companies have done it also.
So? Math not strong with you, and a question it appears the left now hates tariffs because they say they have to pay for it, why do you want to pay more for the same thing?

I've explained why.

You understand.

This is why the federal minimum wage is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back