Walgreens to close 5 more stores

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
"Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that," Walgreens spokesperson Phil Caruso said. "Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average."

The looney left at it's finest, lose jobs, lose income for the city and employees....let the whining begin.

Walgreens plans to close 5 San Francisco stores, citing rampant shoplifting and 'organized retail crime'.

Defund the police
Changes to Laws that allow shoplifters to steal from stores 40+ times without being charged and placed in prison.
Most police not responding to 911 calls about shoplifting
..which basically equates to zero protection, zero law enforcement

They should have armed security in all Walgreen's (CVS, etc) with orders to cut down those riotous monkeys in their tracks...

It's sad when American citizens have to consider their own security teams and guards because the government can not / will no longer protect and serve them.

I road I sometimes go through on weekends has a house that has regular yard sales that has tables full of laundry detergent and cleaning products lined up. Some people don't even pretend to not be thieves at this point I guess.

Anyway, I loathe Walgreens so I am rooting for the shoplifters on this one. Couldn't tell you how many hours of my life was wasted waiting to pick up prescriptions for grandparents that allegedly were ready, but weren't only to find out that they only gave them a few days supply on a 30 day refill so I would have to go back yet again. Walgreens also started delivering prescriptions to them and charging them to my debit card that I had used when I was picking up for them without my permission or approval.

"Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that," Walgreens spokesperson Phil Caruso said. "Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average."

The looney left at it's finest, lose jobs, lose income for the city and employees....let the whining begin.

Walgreens plans to close 5 San Francisco stores, citing rampant shoplifting and 'organized retail crime'.
You can't blame them. If it becomes unprofitable to do business in a certain way or a certain area, getting out of that area or method makes sound business sense, unless you are trying to transition to a nonprofit organization.

Which neighborhood's Walgreen's are closing? It could mean to increase police presence in those neighborhoods.

ETA:
"According to Walgreens, next month it will close its following SF locations: 2550 Ocean Ave., 4645 Mission St., 745 Clement St., 300 Gough St., and 3400 Cesar Chavez St."

I think four out of five are in the poorer neighborhoods. Oh well.

Last edited:
You can't blame them. If it becomes unprofitable to do business in a certain way or a certain area, getting out of that area or method makes sound business sense, unless you are trying to transition to a nonprofit organization.

Brilliant, can't blame them. Even though business is not profitable due to laws being changed, allowing theft. How about they raise prices enough to cover the theft being allowed. I'm sure you'd be the first in line to pay $12 for that single roll of toilet paper, but then again in SF you really don't need toilet paper.

Brilliant, can't blame them. Even though business is not profitable due to laws being changed, allowing theft. How about they raise prices enough to cover the theft being allowed. I'm sure you'd be the first in line to pay $12 for that single roll of toilet paper, but then again in SF you really don't need toilet paper.
No. I still have an unopened 100/count case from the last panic. Could use better supply of paper towels, but never bought either at Walgreens, the prices generally, already too high.
Drug stores never have the best prices, but they supply the drugs pretty well. Drive through drug pickup is popular. I rarely go inside to pick up prescriptions. I wonder if there is a profitable business model for a retail legitimate drug supplier, that is totally drive-through, with no non-drug retail space and building interior not open to the public? Previous interior retail space could be secure parking for operators and employees.

Forum List

Back