Safeway in San Francisco's Fillmore to close after 40 years

I loved when Gavin washed the shit off the streets of San Fran and swept up the homeless for the Xi visit….and just said, “Yep, we cleaned up for Xi.”

He cares more about Xi than his residents. WHY DIDNT HE CLEAN UP FOR HIS RESIDENTS? :rolleyes:

That Safeway is at the heart of the ghetto. Things turned south after leftists celebrated the life of their St. Floyd. The people with limited mobility or transportation and seniors are paying the price. The nearest chain grocery is rather far away. Rewarding blm comes with consequences.

Democrats stop enforcing crimes - what could possibly go wrong?

Democrats don't prosecute crimes - what could possibly go wrong?

Scumbags steal from the stores because the Democrats won't enforce or prosecute the crimes - what could possibly go wrong?

Stores shut down because they lose more money than they make due to the thievery is what can go wrong.

San Francisco is losing yet another well known store, this time a Safeway that has been in the neighborhood for 40 years. The local NAACP president complains about a "food desert" being created, and, in typical fashion, implies it's due to the blackness of the neighborhood instead of the fact that the store, like most of the city these days, has been plagued with rampant shoplifting and crime. That's what drives businesses away. That's what causes food deserts. The people of the community have no respect for the community and so the community implodes.

"I think it's more the theft that is going on in the stores," a customer said to NBC Bay Area on Friday. "It's rampant over here."

Some also took note of the security measures in place at the grocery store.

Meantime, customers are wondering where they will shop moving forward and what impact the closure will have.

Good news! Stores should not tolerate being robbed blind and dealing with a city/police department that not only won't do anything about it, they actively encourage the theft.

I hope other grocery and retail stores take the hint and clear out of doomed shitholes like San Francisco.

San Francisco is losing yet another well known store, this time a Safeway that has been in the neighborhood for 40 years. The local NAACP president complains about a "food desert" being created, and, in typical fashion, implies it's due to the blackness of the neighborhood instead of the fact that the store, like most of the city these days, has been plagued with rampant shoplifting and crime. That's what drives businesses away. That's what causes food deserts. The people of the community have no respect for the community and so the community implodes.

"I think it's more the theft that is going on in the stores," a customer said to NBC Bay Area on Friday. "It's rampant over here."

Meantime, customers are wondering where they will shop moving forward and what impact the closure will have.

Why don't these melanated kangs open their own grocery store? Their bastard criminal shoplifting offspring are to blame.

According to the article there will be a Trader Joe's opening nearby.

I like Trader Joe's. Way better than a Safeway...

The Safeway at Filmore and Geary is HUGE store. It supports the neighborhood. I used stop in there on my home from work to pick basics. It is always clean and staff very helpful.

And when the thugs rob the delivery people?

That already happens all over San Francisco. Delivery workers routinely have their vehicles broken into and their deliveries stolen.
Debbie Downers Unite.

Then go pick them up at the store yourself.

Routinely........like every other delivery?.....like 1/100?
How about some context and documentation to your claim.

According to the article there will be a Trader Joe's opening nearby.

I like Trader Joe's. Way better than a Safeway...
Always good to see another person responding to what's ACTUALLY happening rather than their raving triggered fantasies.

I wonder if a third poster will join us...?

Forum List

Back