Vote your conscience

Don't vote your conscience, as that's not the moral action.

Elections are not about your own precious feelings, about feeling pure inside. Elections are about electing people to do good.

Morality often depends on outcome. It doesn't matter if you honestly didn't intend to kill someone when driving drunk. You still did it, and the outcome was foreseeable, hence it was immoral.

Elections, same way. A handful of morally pure Nader voters let Bush win the election. As a result, a million or so people died in Iraq. Real people, who really died. That outcome was foreseeable, hence those Nader voters did an immoral thing. Elections are not just abstract things. The results can cause actual harm to actual people, and only the immoral ignore that.

Likewise, the death and evil that a Trump regime would cause is easily foreseeable, hence it is very immoral to not try to prevent it. Standing on the sidelines should not be an option for any decent and moral person.

u0e1y.jpg

Why have a conscience at all?

We should just eradicate what's left of our humanity entirely, and embrace our god given role as cold hearted moneymaking machines.

What if my conscience is to not vote? :lmao:
Your choice, but I'd add that it's also a civic duty to vote. Ignore it at your own risk due to the maxim "Every nation gets the government it deserves." If you want others to pick your government, that's up to you.

Voting is a right and, as with all rights, if you choose to exercise it you have a duty to do so responsibly. If you don't have a preference among the candidates, or if you haven't done the work necessary to form an educated opinion, not voting is appropriate.
Good words, but they are in conflict with each other. If it's a right, then it doesn't matter if they've "done the work" or not, they can vote.

Where are my words in conflict?
IMHO, yes. A right is unequivocal. A duty is not. If a person has a duty (not a right) to vote, then, as you said, they need to do the work to become informed or not vote at all. If it's a right, they can do whatever the fuck they want. All you can do is recommend they do their work. As in Blackrook 's thread where he (supposedly) talked his liberal daughter into not voting at all, unless he chains her up like a dog in a backyard cargo box, he doesn't have a fucking clue if she votes and, if so, for whom she votes.

Since August 1920, husband and fathers have sought to influence their wives and daughters. They may get a "yes , dear" or "yes, daddy" but they don't know if it's true....and it probably isn't.

Elections are not about your own precious feelings, about feeling pure inside. Elections are about electing people to do good.

Morality often depends on outcome. It doesn't matter if you honestly didn't intend to kill someone when driving drunk. You still did it, and the outcome was foreseeable, hence it was immoral.

Elections, same way. A handful of morally pure Nader voters let Bush win the election. As a result, a million or so people died in Iraq. Real people, who really died. That outcome was foreseeable, hence those Nader voters did an immoral thing. Elections are not just abstract things. The results can cause actual harm to actual people, and only the immoral ignore that.

Likewise, the death and evil that a Trump regime would cause is easily foreseeable, hence it is very immoral to not try to prevent it. Standing on the sidelines should not be an option for any decent and moral person.

Stow the extortion racket. I'm not voting for Trump.

When Americans want to know what the fucking Russians think, we'll let them know.

keep-calm-and-fuck-russia-6.png

You do realize that your factional propaganda war with Russia is as stupid as the partisan war between liberals and conservatives?

Both America and Russia are imaginary communities. Social constructions. Abstractions. Arbitrary ideas exploited by the ruling class to trick simple minded fools like you into supporting their special interests.

You do realize that your factional propaganda war with Russia is as stupid as the partisan war between liberals and conservatives?...
Disagreed. What I do realize is that you are constantly sucking Putin's cock and bashing the US for Mother Russia.

Disagreed.

Then why not refute it? Oh yeah, you can't.

It is a simple fact that both America and Russia are social constructions. They only exist in your head.

What I do realize is that you are constantly sucking Putin's cock and bashing the US for Mother Russia.

Show one example of me praising Putin for anything, or the Russian government for that matter.

You just accuse me of being a Russophile as a defense mechanism, because you are incapable of defending your US patriotic claptrap.

I have on several occasions.

When? One time you accused me of being a Russophile for my Ukrainian signature, which really made you look like the dumbass that you are.

Today I'm just letting others know my disagreement with your Russian ideals.

How about you stop deflecting and defend your simple minded arguments instead?

When? One time you accused me of being a Russophile for my Ukrainian signature...
It was a lot more than once, tovarich. Maybe you were just drunk on Stoly or rocket fuel the other times and can't remember.
blind-toothless-drunk-russian.jpg

It was a lot more than once, tovarich. Maybe you were just drunk on Stoly or rocket fuel the other times and can't remember.

Deflection noted.

How are the nations of America and Russia not imaginary social constructions?

Forum List

Back