Vote your conscience

It was a lot more than once, tovarich. Maybe you were just drunk on Stoly or rocket fuel the other times and can't remember.

Deflection noted.

How are the nations of America and Russia not imaginary social constructions?
If you blasted Russia as much as you do the US, I'd believe you to be honest and sincere, tovarich. Since you don't, it's obvious you are not. As we say in the Marine Corps, dasvidaniya muthafucka!

If you blasted Russia as much as you do the US, I'd believe you to be honest and sincere, tovarich.

I am a US citizen living in the United States on a United States political forum. Of course I blast the United States more than I do Russia (which I have actually blasted several times in just the past couple months)

I do not care about your validation. I do get pissed when someone is deflaming me with absurd accusations in order to get out of defending an argument.

As we say in the Marine Corps, dasvidaniya muthafucka!

You are not getting out of the argument that easy. I noticed that you have avoided answering the question four times now.

How are America and Russia anything besides imaginary social constructions?

It was a lot more than once, tovarich. Maybe you were just drunk on Stoly or rocket fuel the other times and can't remember.

Deflection noted.

How are the nations of America and Russia not imaginary social constructions?
If you blasted Russia as much as you do the US, I'd believe you to be honest and sincere, tovarich. Since you don't, it's obvious you are not. As we say in the Marine Corps, dasvidaniya muthafucka!

We are not citizens of Russia, we are citizens of the US, and as such have a responsibility to question america's imaginary social constructions. Russia is on it's own to straighten itself out.

I am a US citizen living in the United States on a United States political forum. Of course I blast the United States more than I do Russia (which I have actually blasted several times in just the past couple months....
Well, tovarich, as we say in America, "if it walks like a fucking Russian and talks like a fucking Russian, it's probably a fucking Russian".

You say you've blasted Russia, but the last time you made that claim, I proved it was bullshit. If I wrote a hundred posts saying how Russia is oppressive and more fucked up than a paraplegic hooker and made one post saying "America could be better", for me to say I've treated both equally would be as full of shit as your claim about your Russophilia.

We are not citizens of Russia, we are citizens of the US, and as such have a responsibility to question america's imaginary social constructions. Russia is on it's own to straighten itself out.

While I am fully aware that Divine.Wind was just saying that as a deflectionary tactic, we actually do need to call out what happens over in Russia as well as our own country.

Actions that Russia commits in the world can fuck up my life just as much as actions committed by America. There is little difference to me if there is genocide in Tampa Bay or Vladivostok, since I live in neither city, and therefore one is not more important than the other due to some abstractions others placed in my head.

Last edited:
You say you've blasted Russia, but the last time you made that claim, I proved it was bullshit.

Lol, I remember that.

You accused me of making a five paragraph post attacking Russia to cover for the fact that I am secretly a Russophiliac. If I did worship the Russian Federation, I would not hide it in some elaborate conspiracy.

God, you are fucked in the head.

If I wrote a hundred posts saying how Russia is oppressive and more fucked up than a paraplegic hooker and made one post saying "America could be better", for me to say I've treated both equally would be as full of shit as your claim about your Russophilia.

How are the nations of America and Russia anything but social constructions existing in your head?

Fifth time you have not answered.

I'm not and you probably are not, but I'm not so sure about Comrade Onyx.

1dlacd.jpg

You accused me of making a five paragraph post attacking Russia to cover for the fact that I am secretly a Russophiliac. If I did worship the Russian Federation, I would not hide it in some elaborate conspiracy.....
Why hide it when you're a virtual ambassador, Tovarich?

Every post is either bashing the US, saying how Russia is better or, as in above, you're saying they are not different from each other. The underlying message being that anyone who demonizes the former Soviet Union and their current KGB leader is wrong. Russians looooove kittens and wouldn't hurt a fly, in your opinion. Amirite?

While I am fully aware that Divine.Wind was just saying that as a deflectionary tactic, we actually need to call out what happens over in Russia as well as our own country.

Actions that Russia commits in the world can fuck up my life just as much as actions committed by America in the world. There is little difference to me if there is genocide in Tampa Bay or Vladivostok, since I live in neither city, and therefore one is not more important than the other, due to some abstractions others put in my head.

You have even less leverage to alter anything there than you do here, c'mon, I suggest not getting too preoccupied with elsehwere, the system loves that, takes the heat off of them, makes it easier to get the little people all riled up. They will always prop up another boogieman to fear. Everything in moderation. Everything has some component of abstractions others put in our heads now, all this anxiety is manufactured and orchestrated. As dysfuntional as we are now here, clinging to empire will only make things worse.

You accused me of making a five paragraph post attacking Russia to cover for the fact that I am secretly a Russophiliac. If I did worship the Russian Federation, I would not hide it in some elaborate conspiracy.....
Why hide it when you're a virtual ambassador, Tovarich?

Every post is either bashing the US, saying how Russia is better or, as in above, you're saying they are not different from each other. The underlying message being that anyone who demonizes the former Soviet Union and their current KGB leader is wrong. Russians looooove kittens and wouldn't hurt a fly, in your opinion. Amirite?

Wing. Other than that, no.

You have even less leverage to alter anything there than you do here, c'mon,

I'd say I have equal leverage. I can still voice my opinion, just like I can over here. Voting would not change anything no matter which nationality I am, and there are plenty of foreign intellectuals that criticize the "American system" that I have respected.

I suggest not getting too preoccupied with elsehwere, the system loves that, takes the heat off of them, makes it easier to get the little people all riled up.

There are hundreds of systems, and one is not more important than the other.

You should read Benedict Anderson's book, Imagined Communities.

I'd say I have equal leverage. I can still voice my opinion, just like I can over here. Voting would not change anything no matter which nationality I am, and there are plenty of foreign intellectuals that criticize the "American system" that I have respected.

I suggest not getting too preoccupied with elsehwere, the system loves that, takes the heat off of them, makes it easier to get the little people all riled up.

There are hundreds of systems, and one is not more important than the other.

You should read Benedict Anderson's book, Imagined Communities.

...annnd I rest my case. Onyx is a virtual Russian ambassador trying to show how there is no difference between the US and Russia except geography. Therefore, according to him, we should forget about Russia and mind our own fucking business. Nothing to see other there, now move along.

I find it interesting that you quote anarchists when you are not an anarchist, and that social contract theory is one of very few arguments used to morally justify the state. Just saying that, because I question why you support the state if you do not acknowledge a social contract governed by the state.

Lynsander Spooner actually acknowledged the existence of a social contract, but he believed that it was illegitimate when the government acted as an arbitrary authority of it.

Agreed. Hence why I believe the "right" of automatic citizenship should be rescinded. People should earn their citizenship and, therefore, "sign" that social contract. No problem if they don't. If born here by legal resident parents, they can continue to live here and pay taxes. What they won't be able to do is have to hassle with all that "social contract" shit like voting, running for office, etc.

...annnd I rest my case. Onyx is a virtual Russian ambassador trying to show how there is no difference between the US and Russia except geography. Therefore, according to him, we should forget about Russia and mind our own fucking business. Nothing to see other there, now move along.

Are you still yapping? Go back to eating pudding and accusing nonconformists of being in league with the Russians

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back