VIDEO: OUTRAGE ALERT! IRS Seized $940,000 Without Due Process From Navy Veteran’s Business Bank Acco

Very well said. I agree. And you're right. It does go to law enforcement which is an incentive for them to keep it going. The auctions for property seized requires a special password to get in - so the auctioned off property is not to the private sector but to the exclusive private sector that is decided upon by those in control. It's a corrupt system and you are correct - they should make it a topic of national debate but apparently it isn't a priority for politicians. Once again -corruption is going on with no consequences.

Leave it to a comedian to discuss Civil Forfeiture.

I wish this was an Obama thing, but it isn't. The IRS has been doing this for decades, and it is way past time for their abuses to be stopped.

It is up to Congress to stop them.

Wrong again. As I understand it the Civil Asset forfeiture law began either under Bush or Clinton.

You might want to look up the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984.

It actually doesn't matter at this point. Nearly every state has their own civil asset forfeiture laws, so who seizes your property without due process is often determined by which agency was involved. In fact you're probably more likely to have your house or car seized by your local sheriff than the ATF or some other federal agency. They are singularly motivated to deprive you of your property to continue to fund their own local "war on drugs".

It certainly does matter when the first two sentences of the OP are....

"Welcome to the ObamaNation. He has militarized YOUR GOVERNMENT to come in and squash you. "

The OP of this thread is a blatant liar.

The law has been in place for years.

The issue is that the law has been blatantly abused on an increasing level in the past few years.

Anyone trying to defend anything the IRS does under this administration is a complete and utter left wing "the gubmint can do no wrong" asshole.

Very well said. I agree. And you're right. It does go to law enforcement which is an incentive for them to keep it going. The auctions for property seized requires a special password to get in - so the auctioned off property is not to the private sector but to the exclusive private sector that is decided upon by those in control. It's a corrupt system and you are correct - they should make it a topic of national debate but apparently it isn't a priority for politicians. Once again -corruption is going on with no consequences.

Leave it to a comedian to discuss Civil Forfeiture.

That's a good way to get the word out to the low information voter crowd.

The issue is that the law has been blatantly abused on an increasing level in the past few years.

Anyone trying to defend anything the IRS does under this administration is a complete and utter left wing "the gubmint can do no wrong" asshole.

A lot of people say that the problem is the laws being abused, but that's not true. The laws themselves applied in any context are abusive and purposely circumnavigate the constitutional protections we have to not be deprived of property without due process of law. There is no good way to apply these laws.

I wish this was an Obama thing, but it isn't. The IRS has been doing this for decades, and it is way past time for their abuses to be stopped.

Wrong again. As I understand it the Civil Asset forfeiture law began either under Bush or Clinton.

You might want to look up the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984.

It actually doesn't matter at this point. Nearly every state has their own civil asset forfeiture laws, so who seizes your property without due process is often determined by which agency was involved. In fact you're probably more likely to have your house or car seized by your local sheriff than the ATF or some other federal agency. They are singularly motivated to deprive you of your property to continue to fund their own local "war on drugs".

It certainly does matter when the first two sentences of the OP are....

"Welcome to the ObamaNation. He has militarized YOUR GOVERNMENT to come in and squash you. "

The OP of this thread is a blatant liar.

Why can't both be true?

another outrage alert?

another RW crying wolf about a Poodle Puppy.

yaaaaaaaaaaawn

You mean an increasing level since 2001? And its not just the IRS, it's also the police that seize property of the innocent.

Many of the highway officers involved were trained in the techniques of interdiction after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, some with financial support from the departments of Homeland Security and Justice. The officers were able to seize cash and have their departments share in the proceeds through a long-standing Justice Department civil asset forfeiture program known as Equitable Sharing. Police can also make seizures under their state laws.

They fought the law. Who won The Washington Post

A Washington Post investigation found that police have made cash seizures worth almost $2.5 billion from motorists and others without search warrants or indictments since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local state police - The Washington Post

another outrage alert?

another RW crying wolf about a Poodle Puppy.

yaaaaaaaaaaawn

You are in desperate need of Karmatic reciprocity. I can just imagine law enforcement getting ready to kick down your door right now and seize everything you have.

idiots who imagine BS at every turn is pretty much the problem with this country. You're in desperate need of a firm grip on reality ... case in point, LE kicking down my door.

Link?

I'd like to see evidence the law has been "blatantly abused on an increasing level in the past few years".

It's absurd on every level. The laws themselves are an abuse of our constitutional protections.
I agree. But it seems some people did not notice until the black guy took office, and are trying to pin the blame on him.

Link?

I'd like to see evidence the law has been "blatantly abused on an increasing level in the past few years".

It's absurd on every level. The laws themselves are an abuse of our constitutional protections.
I agree. But it seems some people did not notice until the black guy took office, and are trying to pin the blame on him.

It's only like that in your mind... why must you inject race into everything?

However , I can't help but think about how The Obama has chosen NOT to enforce immigration laws or certain points of the ACA.
Why not this?

ACLU Announces Settlement in Highway Robbery Cases in Texas American Civil Liberties Union

August 3, 2012

The ACLU settled a class-action suit, pending court approval, against officials in Tenaha and Shelby County, where it is estimated police seized $3 million between 2006 and 2008 in at least 140 cases. Police officers routinely pulled over motorists in the vicinity of Tenaha without any legal justification, asked if they were carrying cash and, if they were, ordered them to sign over the cash to the city or face charges of money laundering or other serious crimes.

Highway robbery by the cops in Texas. Between 2006 and 2008.

Where was the last guy who occupied the White House from?

Oh, yeah. Texas.

Link?

It's only like that in your mind...

Nope. Look how the OP opened: Welcome to the ObamaNation. He has militarized YOUR GOVERNMENT to come in and squash you.

In color!

Rubes would get a lot farther if they stopped trying to blame every wrong thing since Creation on Obama.

"Welcome to ObamaEden. He made Eve EAT THE APPLE."

However , I can't help but think about how The Obama has chosen NOT to enforce immigration laws or certain points of the ACA.
Why not this?

Wow, just wow!

Off topic, but again....nothing new.

Forum List

Back