VIDEO: OUTRAGE ALERT! IRS Seized $940,000 Without Due Process From Navy Veteran’s Business Bank Acco

Asset forfeiture is a Congress thing, not an Obama thing. Congress made these forfeiture laws. Get that through your thick heads first, and then we can proceed.

Congress also allowed the IRS to go after family members for tax debts of deceased persons but didn't start actually doing it until Obama. Let's not pretend like Clinton or the Bushes would have stood idly by while the IRS did that, but Obama does.
The seizing of assets from the family members for tax debts of deceased persons is the result of a sentence inserted into the 2008 farm bill.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-110publ246/html/PLAW-110publ246.htm

Darn that far left Nancy Pelosi!!!

Blaming this on Obama is over the top. There I said it. But certainly the IRS, the NSA, and other federal agencies are responding to signals they get from the leadership in the White House, that certain abuses will be tolerated. None of this started with Obama, but even an impartial bystander must admit Obama is not helping protect people against these abuses.

So to translate: Blaming Obama is crazy but you have to admit, its Obama's fault

And if the far left wanted it stopped they could just get Obama to change it by Executive Order..

I think its past your afternoon nap time.

The Treasury Department has intercepted $1.9 billion in tax refunds already this year — $75 million of that on debts delinquent for more than 10 years, said Jeffrey Schramek, assistant commissioner of the department’s debt management service. The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.
Social Security Treasury target taxpayers for their parents decades-old debts - The Washington Post

another outrage alert?

another RW crying wolf about a Poodle Puppy.

yaaaaaaaaaaawn

Fuck off. No really fuck off.

If you can't understand the plight of these private citizens who did nothing wrong but woke up one morning to find their entire cache of money seized by the government and had no pot to piss in you are one evil piece of work.

This should be both sides of the aisle screaming about the abuse of a law.

The ignorance is not held by the right wing but by assholes like you who have not a problem with a government agency seizing someone's money with no justification.

I swear Abbie and Jerry are spinning in their graves looking at posts from assholes like you who like to label yourself liberal.

You aren't liberal at all.

another outrage alert?

another RW crying wolf about a Poodle Puppy.

yaaaaaaaaaaawn

Fuck off. No really fuck off.

If you can't understand the plight of these private citizens who did nothing wrong but woke up one morning to find their entire cache of money seized by the government and had no pot to piss in you are one evil piece of work.

This should be both sides of the aisle screaming about the abuse of a law.

The ignorance is not held by the right wing but by assholes like you who have not a problem with a government agency seizing someone's money with no justification.

I swear Abbie and Jerry are spinning in their graves looking at posts from assholes like you who like to label yourself liberal.

You aren't liberal at all.

Amazing this wasnt an issue when little guys have been getting their shit taken but now some rich guy gets the same treatment and you guys are falling all over the place....Help the ACLU then...They seem to be the ones who cared before it affected some rich guy

Blaming this on Obama is over the top. There I said it. But certainly the IRS, the NSA, and other federal agencies are responding to signals they get from the leadership in the White House, that certain abuses will be tolerated. None of this started with Obama, but even an impartial bystander must admit Obama is not helping protect people against these abuses.

So to translate: Blaming Obama is crazy but you have to admit, its Obama's fault

And if the far left wanted it stopped they could just get Obama to change it by Executive Order..
And if the far right wanted it changed they could pass a bill. Of course they might have to take time away from their millionth attempt to stop Obamacare or overturn abortion rights.

I would also like to caution that appending "Navy Veteran" to the story carries a risk. It if turns out the guy is a piece of shit, and guilty as sin, you just helped to make a bad reflection on all Navy vets by associating a dirtbag with them. Just because he is a Navy vet does not make him incapable of doing wrong.

Don't abuse appeals to emotion like that.

I think its past your afternoon nap time.

Oh the irony of those comments from the far left drones..

The Treasury Department has intercepted $1.9 billion in tax refunds already this year — $75 million of that on debts delinquent for more than 10 years, said Jeffrey Schramek, assistant commissioner of the department’s debt management service. The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.
Social Security Treasury target taxpayers for their parents decades-old debts - The Washington Post

Yes and the far left you supported (Nancy Pelosi) allowed it and wanted it...

I would also like to caution that appending "Navy Veteran" to the story carries a risk. It if turns out the guy is a piece of shit, and guilty as sin, you just helped to make a bad reflection on all Navy vets by associating a dirtbag with them. Just because he is a Navy vet does not make him incapable of doing wrong.

Don't abuse appeals to emotion like that.

Oh my the irony of those comments from the far left!

The law has been in place for years.

The issue is that the law has been blatantly abused on an increasing level in the past few years.

Anyone trying to defend anything the IRS does under this administration is a complete and utter left wing "the gubmint can do no wrong" asshole.

You mean an increasing level since 2001? And its not just the IRS, it's also the police that seize property of the innocent.

Many of the highway officers involved were trained in the techniques of interdiction after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, some with financial support from the departments of Homeland Security and Justice. The officers were able to seize cash and have their departments share in the proceeds through a long-standing Justice Department civil asset forfeiture program known as Equitable Sharing. Police can also make seizures under their state laws.

They fought the law. Who won The Washington Post

A Washington Post investigation found that police have made cash seizures worth almost $2.5 billion from motorists and others without search warrants or indictments since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Holder limits seized-asset sharing process that split billions with local state police - The Washington Post

The one that killed me was the parents in I think it was Philly.

Local seizure abused. I have it up here too. Fighting one seizure in Calgary. Big seizures of guns in High River.

No one should take sides on this.

We should be united.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/WM/WM06/20150211/102947/HHRG-114-WM06-Wstate-ClydeA-20150211.pdf

They ended up settling. And some of the expenses were also for hired forensic tax auditors and accountants. Here is a pdf of exactly what transpired.

And it cost him $149,000 in lawyers fees, and other expenses to get it back. It is outr
ageous. Is this another angle on operation choke point?

If that be the case - he should demand he be reimbursed for his lawyer fees as well. I thought if you win a case they have to pay your lawyers fee - am I mistaken about that?
And it cost him $149,000 in lawyers fees, and other expenses to get it back. It is outrageous. Is this another angle on operation choke point?

If that be the case - he should demand he be reimbursed for his lawyer fees as well. I thought if you win a case they have to pay your lawyers fee - am I mistaken about that?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Remember who the OP is.

Welcome to the ObamaNation. He has militarized YOUR GOVERNMENT to come in and squash you. Remember the rancher, Bundy? Remember the IRS and conservatives? You better be contacting your worthless Congress asses. Video of this at the site:

SNIP:
The IRS admits Navy Veteran Andrew Clyde did nothing wrong, but this is what tyranny looks like in Obama’s redistribution of wealth. When Obama wants your money, he takes it via the arm of the IRS.

It should be noted that if a business makes deposits of $10,000 or more, the IRS can seize money on the assumption that an individual is attempting to launder money, thus using the “suspicion of criminal activity” excuse—even if no criminal activity exists. These deposits mandate that the bank collect a massive amount of personal information before processing a deposit of 10k or more. Many people keep deposits under $10,000 to avoid filling out the intrusive government forms. Thus, the IRS goes after this activity as well—when the money deposits are consistently below $10,000—the IRS claims “structuring” to avoid the $10k or over rule.

Basically depositors are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. The IRS will seize money on either side of the amount limit and use whichever rule on the book applies to their agenda.

The below video says it all and is an absolute OUTRAGE!

ALL of it here:
VIDEO OUTRAGE ALERT IRS Seized 940 000 Without Due Process From Navy Veteran 8217 s Business Bank Account The Gateway Pundit

"The IRS admits Navy Veteran Andrew Clyde did nothing wrong, but this is what tyranny looks like in Obama’s redistribution of wealth. When Obama wants your money, he takes it via the arm of the IRS."

This is a legitimate issue and it takes away from the argument when lies about Obama are introduced. In point of fact, asset forfeiture laws were enacted long before Obama was born.

OUTRAGE ALERT! I like it. Can we get it tagged on every thread started by a conservative?

They have to instruct the reader how to react before giving the news. You'll notice this often with RW threads. They will give the narrative first then present the story

Ah, i see. He owns an arms business. So the Communist Anti-2nd Amendment assholes targeted him. Not surprising at all. Par for the course for the Muslim Communist in Chief. The asshole should have already been Impeached. But he got a free pass. Why he got that free pass, i'm not completely sure. I'll have to leave it up to individuals to answer that question for themselves.

I wish this was an Obama thing, but it isn't. The IRS has been doing this for decades, and it is way past time for their abuses to be stopped.

It is up to Congress to stop them.
However , I can't help but think about how The Obama has chosen NOT to enforce immigration laws or certain points of the ACA.
Why not this?

Wow, just wow!

Off topic, but again....nothing new.
Yep, the rubes love their red herring fallacies.

Can you stop with the jew hate. I know what you do when you call out rubes.

Forum List

Back