VIDEO: NYPD Cop Epitomizes Why People Distrust Police as He Goes Ballistic on an Uber Driver

Come on man. You know I support the cops in these incidents 9 times out of 10. But this cop was being a total prick.
Once he brought the "How long have you been in this country" crap out you know why he was giving the guy a rash of shit.
A simple warning would have sufficed.

Oh...I said in my first response that his reaction was bad. But...lets just be real. New Yorkers themselves are rude and confrontational. Their cops??? Fugget-about it haha. This was like a 2 out of 100 on the bad cop scale. He was a bitnof a dick. But...the driver did start it.

I didnt see it that way. The cop was being asshole,his behavior generates hatred for cops which is counter productive.
This is one of those times where discretion would have served the public better.
Note that I normally agree with your view 99% of the time when it comes to these incidents but this isnt one of them.
The cop could have been a little more diplomatic in setting this guy straight.

He didnt watch the video so his auto defense kicked in before knowing the events. Honestly I think the cop could behead someone and Bucs would give a response about constant fear on the job and other nonsense that is irrelevant

Oh I completely understand his skepticism. The majority of these incidents happen because some smart ass mouths off to the cop.
This just isnt one of them.

Don't want to hurt Buc's feelings, do we?

I disagreed with him,what more do you want?

Abuse of authority, no doubt about it. Bullying from behind a badge. Made me sick to watch it.

Fired? Not so sure about that. Would depend on his job history/performance.

If someone working at McDonalds talked to a customer like that, he'd be fired, regardless of his job history / performance. So would any employee, except cops. Cops get a pass, they don't get tickets for drunk driving, they shoot, rob, and rape people. Cops need to be held accountable. I'd love to hear what this pig has for an excuse.

If someone working at McDonalds talked to a customer like that, he'd be fired, regardless of his job history / performance. So would any employee, except cops. Cops get a pass, they don't get tickets for drunk driving, they shoot, rob, and rape people. Cops need to be held accountable. I'd love to hear what this pig has for an excuse.

The excuse wasn't a great one. He had just come from the hospital, visiting a dying colleague.

I wouldn't fire a good teacher over a single transgression...or a good manager.

The problem with the McDonalds employee is their entry level status. The officer in the video is a detective, not a patrolman.

The excuse wasn't a great one. He had just come from the hospital, visiting a dying colleague.

I wouldn't fire a good teacher over a single transgression...or a good manager.

The problem with the McDonalds employee is their entry level status. The officer in the video is a detective, not a patrolman.

All the more reason why he should have behaved in a professional manner. He was an arrogant jerk, and his job doesn't justify that.

Forum List

Back