Uvalde Parents Pushing For Change

I don't like these "I'll throw my sucker in the dirt then." arguments. I'm trying to be real with you and you're acting silly.
Isn’t that what you were saying? That restrictions on age for gun purchases don’t matter?

So then what’s your problem with allowing 16-year-olds to purchase guns? You agree this is an excellent idea, right?

So do nothing, right?

Who cares that an 18-year-old psychopath can legally purchase a semi-automatic rifle, slaughter children, and then smear “LOL” on a whiteboard with their blood?

Oh well. Shit happens. Amirite?
How did that mentally ill person pass a ATF&E background check, unless Merrick Garland okays it so the Marxists can then do a gun confiscation?

If he can't buy one legally, it'd take about 6 minutes to buy one illegally.

How is this dumb idea supposed to help anything?

We should not be running amok like chickens with our heads lopped off and knee jerk another stupid law into existence because of one crazy.
Liberal Hypocrisy1.jpg

As soon as these LW Nutcases go on a rampage.....the GOVT deletes all Social Media. Especially quick if recently approved for a gun. If allowed to buy many Guns? Yet the life history most likely tells a very troubling story. The more of these go off....the better Obidens' chances to remove some guns? perhaps...Why was he not denied or monitored?

Isn’t that what you were saying? That restrictions on age for gun purchases don’t matter?

So then what’s your problem with allowing 16-year-olds to purchase guns? You agree this is an excellent idea, right?
I just said that I don't think this would have been prevented by a regulation. That doesn't mean I think there are no regulations that have a practical purpose.

The parents of the Uvalde children who were murdered are speaking out, pleading with legislators to raise the minimum age to purchase semi-automatic rifles. What do you think?

At 18 years old, more details are coming out showing just how twisted the shooter was, and just how gruesome this scene was.

The Uvalde school shooter wrote ‘LOL’ in the blood of his victims on a classroom whiteboard, a Texas lawmaker revealed at an emotional hearing with victims’ families late Tuesday.

The revelation from state Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso, who took part in an investigation into the massacre, prompted gasps and sobs from family members of the slain children and teachers.
“The attacker scooped up the blood of his victims and smeared it into his disgusting message,” Moody said. “What he wrote in innocent blood next to that was the phrase 'LOL'.”

The chilling detail came hours into the hearing of a state House committee that started Tuesday morning and stretched past midnight, with the grieving families waiting for hours to testify and plead for stricter gun laws.

The committee is considering a bill that would raise the age to purchase certain semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.”

Wow, this is unreal.

After the difference in response we saw, from between there, and the response in Tennessee? The problem here, is not the gun, it is the cowardly and inept police response. They should be suing the local law enforcement, IMO.

I just said that I don't think this would have been prevented by a regulation. That doesn't mean I think there are no regulations that have a practical purpose.
Not allowing people under 18 to purchase guns: useless or practical?

I want to say Washington? I just saw blurb about it like a week ago.
I came across this.

Wow, this is unreal.

After the difference in response we saw, from between there, and the response in Tennessee? The problem here, is not the gun, it is the cowardly and inept police response. They should be suing the local law enforcement, IMO.
The Uvalde police were terrible. Fortunately, police have acted INCREDIBLY in the mass shootings since this tragedy.

The Uvalde police were terrible. Fortunately, police have acted INCREDIBLY in the mass shootings since this tragedy.
I bet if we restricted all wireless technology, i.e., smartphones, laptops, tablets, to people until they reached seventeen, and required any access to the internet for kids lower than that, to be on a desktop, it would do more to decrease these types of incidents, than rising the legal age to buy any type of gun from 18 to 21.

I have done quite a bit of reading, on how constant access to EMF radiation, and social networks affects the minds of the young, it is not good.

Neither Steve Jobs nor Bill Gates allowed their kids access to this tech while they were growing up, as far as I know. . . .

The parents of the Uvalde children who were murdered are speaking out, pleading with legislators to raise the minimum age to purchase semi-automatic rifles. What do you think?

At 18 years old, more details are coming out showing just how twisted the shooter was, and just how gruesome this scene was.

The Uvalde school shooter wrote ‘LOL’ in the blood of his victims on a classroom whiteboard, a Texas lawmaker revealed at an emotional hearing with victims’ families late Tuesday.

The revelation from state Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso, who took part in an investigation into the massacre, prompted gasps and sobs from family members of the slain children and teachers.
“The attacker scooped up the blood of his victims and smeared it into his disgusting message,” Moody said. “What he wrote in innocent blood next to that was the phrase 'LOL'.”

The chilling detail came hours into the hearing of a state House committee that started Tuesday morning and stretched past midnight, with the grieving families waiting for hours to testify and plead for stricter gun laws.

The committee is considering a bill that would raise the age to purchase certain semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.”

FB_IMG_1637885031217.jpg

Reality is often disappointing. There is tragedy we can't stop unfolding all around us all the time. There's lots of good and beauty in the world too though. At some point you have to accept that you can't change these things. Then you can learn to slow down and enjoy the flowers.
Well I’ll most likely keep expressing my views on this.

So do nothing.

18-year-old psychopaths are just going to be able to slaughter children, smear “LoL”, with their blood, and we just need to learn to accept that as a part of life.

Gotcha.
You seem more upset by the “Lol” than the actual event. I guess being on the emotional-dingbat end of the political spectrum explains such things.

You're technically an idiot.

You're all fetal positioned because we bought our son a .22 rifle?

Let me help you out, he could buy it himself virtually anywhere.

He's a good kid, knows gun safety, he's responsible.... unlike asshats like the Texas shooter

It's not the gun dumb duck, it's who's handling it
I do hope for you and your son's sake you are good parents. I had my .22 at ten. Clue, SI, it did not have reversible 30 round magazines. The dif now is that parents will be held far more accountable than we those of my parents' generation. You are a concrete thinker, so obvious.

You seem more upset by the “Lol” than the actual event. I guess being on the emotional-dingbat end of the political spectrum explains such things.
It does bother me. This story was already fucked up. But somehow I find it even more disturbing when I read that he smeared ”LoL” with the blood of the dead children.

Apparently you don’t give a shit about that.

I bet if we restricted all wireless technology, i.e., smartphones, laptops, tablets, to people until they reached seventeen, and required any access to the internet for kids lower than that, to be on a desktop, it would do more to decrease these types of incidents, than rising the legal age to buy any type of gun from 18 to 21.

I have done quite a bit of reading, on how constant access to EMF radiation, and social networks affects the minds of the young, it is not good.

Neither Steve Jobs nor Bill Gates allowed their kids access to this tech while they were growing up, as far as I know. . . .

Fine with me if this was seriously being considered. But it isn’t.

Forum List

Back