Uvalde Parents Pushing For Change

I came across this.

All I can find is this and it's from 2021. Maybe the article resurfaced or something last week as I was scrolling through stuff. This seems to be related to guns in general.

Not being an emotional dingbat, things like that don’t trigger me. There are some fucked up people in the world, for sure. Most hide behind behind the misapplied label “progressive”.
There are fucked up people. You don’t seem to have a problem with arming them.

Maybe the Uvalde parents are coerced and intimidated or even paid off by the anti-2nd Amendment faction. They are certainly focusing on the wrong issue. It took Uvalde Police an hour and fifteen minutes to gain access to the school. It took Nashville Cops about four minutes to confront and kill the shooter. Wouldn't you think Uvalde parents would demand better training and better leadership for Police Officers rather than some useless crusade about guns?

There are fucked up people. You don’t seem to have a problem with arming them.
Neither does the Biden Administration, you know, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Have to kill a few kids to get a cry from the masses to abscond with everyones weapons. The ends justify the means.

All I can find is this and it's from 2021. Maybe the article resurfaced or something last week as I was scrolling through stuff. This seems to be related to guns in general.

Ugh. That’s disappointing. So they want to lower the age limit to purchase handguns.

I don’t know where this is in the litigation process, or how long these things take, but I don’t think it has taken effect yet.

Don’t play stupid. You have no problem with fucked up people getting a hold of weapons and using them to murder children.
Funny that you say "don't play stupid" and then write one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
I mean, really, do you think I'm going to be triggered by such a ridiculous accusation/straw man?
You might be even dumber than your post history suggests, kid.

Funny that you say "don't play stupid" and then write one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
I mean, really, do you think I'm going to be triggered by such a ridiculous accusation/straw man?
You might be even dumber than your post history suggests, kid.
You attack me. Yet you have said nothing about preventing psychopaths like this from getting weapons to murder children.

Care to try again? Focus this time.

No, I expose your stupidity and ignorance.

I'm not a virtue signaler.

Damn, you're one dumb dullard.
Neat. Let me know when you think of something to say about the topic instead of the usual mindless insults from you.

You can't stop that just by getting upset and making regulations. Death sucks in general. Why not outlaw all human anger and dysfunction? You want solutions that don't exist.

Left--"Take all the guns away!!"

Right--"Make our schools into prison yards!!"

We have lost our minds.

It does bother me. This story was already fucked up. But somehow I find it even more disturbing when I read that he smeared ”LoL” with the blood of the dead children.

Apparently you don’t give a shit about that.

Well, you know, I teach those children. I have the tourniquet and gauze kit in my classroom every day as a reminder. I've had to talk to five year olds about what to do if a shooter comes in.

The problem is systemic, of course. As much as guns it ironically begins in the very institutions these mass shooters target. We do not identify dangerous people early enough or consistently enough, and when we do, nothing is done.

Bring mental hospitals back. But liberals thought those were mean and so now, we are where we are.
I’d be ok with mental health hospitals. I just don’t see it helping. We can’t even get someone like the Uvalde shooter flagged to prevent him from being able to legally purchase a semi-automatic rifle, so how the hell would we get people flagged for the mental hospital? But sure, let’s do it and go from there.

I looked into the liberal thing, and it doesn’t look like that’s accurate. It appears that money was the underlying factor.

PolitiFact - Mike Pence said ‘liberals’ emptied mental health hospitals in 1960s. They didn’t act alone.

Well, you know, I teach those children. I have the tourniquet and gauze kit in my classroom every day as a reminder. I've had to talk to five year olds about what to do if a shooter comes in.

The problem is systemic, of course. As much as guns it ironically begins in the very institutions these mass shooters target. We do not identify dangerous people early enough or consistently enough, and when we do, nothing is done.
No disagreement there. I’m open to any ideas to prevent crap like this, even if it comes from across the aisle. In my experience, “it’s a systemic issue” typically just translates to “let’s do nothing and hope the problem goes away by itself”.

If your people are pushing legislation for mental hospitals or something about identifying dangerous people early, let’s do it. I’m onboard.

Forum List

Back