Uvalde Parents Pushing For Change

My initial response would be: did raising the legal drinking age to 21 prevent 18 year olds from obtaining alcohol?

In addition, what was the mental health state of the shooter in Uvalde? Were there any signs or red flags prior to the shooting? My guess is .. YES.

If he can't buy one legally, it'd take about 6 minutes to buy one illegally.

How is this dumb idea supposed to help anything?

We should not be running amok like chickens with our heads lopped off and knee jerk another stupid law into existence because of one crazy.
So do nothing.

18-year-old psychopaths are just going to be able to slaughter children, smear “LoL”, with their blood, and we just need to learn to accept that as a part of life.

Gotcha.

I doubt it dude. Imagine deciding you're going to commit a mass murder. Needing to be 21 to buy a rifle is a small hurdle to a big decision.
Fuck it then. Let’s just let everyone legally purchase a semi-automatic rifle. Right?

So do nothing.

18-year-old psychopaths are just going to be able to slaughter children, smear “LoL”, with their blood, and we just need to learn to accept that as a part of life.

Gotcha.
They may be Psychopaths; something has to still set them off.

I think the problem is cultural. I don't know how to fix it, but I don't think regulations are the solution.
Yea. So let’s just get rid of the regulations. We should let anyone purchase semi-automatic rifles. 16-year-olds, 17-year-olds, 12-year-olds. Those regulations don’t matter anyway.

So do nothing.

Gotcha.

Keep repeating that song and dance. No one is saying "Do nothing", we're saying the idea is worthless.

Does it really matter if the killer is 18 or 85? Would you feel better if a 21 year old killed kids?

How is this supposed to do anything at all?

They don't sell Muskets anymore. Probably a pump action 12GA would be as deadly or more deadly in these shootings (Obidens favorite choice).

Yea. So let’s just get rid of the regulations. We should let anyone purchase semi-automatic rifles. 16-year-olds, 17-year-olds, 12-year-olds. Those regulations don’t matter anyway.
I don't like these "I'll throw my sucker in the dirt then." arguments. I'm trying to be real with you and you're acting silly.

Technically, you don't have a clue.

You're technically an idiot.

You're all fetal positioned because we bought our son a .22 rifle?

Let me help you out, he could buy it himself virtually anywhere.

He's a good kid, knows gun safety, he's responsible.... unlike asshats like the Texas shooter

It's not the gun dumb duck, it's who's handling it

The parents of the Uvalde children who were murdered are speaking out, pleading with legislators to raise the minimum age to purchase semi-automatic rifles. What do you think?

At 18 years old, more details are coming out showing just how twisted the shooter was, and just how gruesome this scene was.

The Uvalde school shooter wrote ‘LOL’ in the blood of his victims on a classroom whiteboard, a Texas lawmaker revealed at an emotional hearing with victims’ families late Tuesday.

The revelation from state Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso, who took part in an investigation into the massacre, prompted gasps and sobs from family members of the slain children and teachers.
“The attacker scooped up the blood of his victims and smeared it into his disgusting message,” Moody said. “What he wrote in innocent blood next to that was the phrase 'LOL'.”

The chilling detail came hours into the hearing of a state House committee that started Tuesday morning and stretched past midnight, with the grieving families waiting for hours to testify and plead for stricter gun laws.

The committee is considering a bill that would raise the age to purchase certain semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21.”

So should military men of 18 years old, be able to sit in a tank that can do a lot more damage than some semi-automatic weapon?

Well you’re just a ray of fucking sunshine, ennit?
Reality is often disappointing. There is tragedy we can't stop unfolding all around us all the time. There's lots of good and beauty in the world too though. At some point you have to accept that you can't change these things. Then you can learn to slow down and enjoy the flowers.

Forum List

Back