USMB Coffee Shop IV

:) I've missed you and Coffee Shop too. I live as a squirrel in the wheel, for a many months... A lot of job, children need attention... So, my life not so regular and predictable... Sometimes it become more stable :)

How are you, what's new (except all terrible politic news, forbidden here)?
Weather is fine now. A golden autumn..
Autumn really hasn't gotten going good yet here, but life goes on here with the good and bad as it does everywhere. Fortunately we manage to keep politics, good and bad, out of the Coffee Shop but I do understand what you're saying. But happy you're back.

Autumn really hasn't gotten going good yet here, but life goes on here with the good and bad as it does everywhere. Fortunately we manage to keep politics, good and bad, out of the Coffee Shop but I do understand what you're saying. But happy you're back.
Hm, interesting. This year autumn here came at 1st of september, like a switch. So, usually in Moscow is long autumn (and long spring :)), till november... Unfortunately, I've never swim this summer anywhere - do you imagine! But I hope autumn and them would be more calmly and next season I'll take 2-3 weeks of vacation to rest somewhere at river or sea...

Hm, interesting. This year autumn here came at 1st of september, like a switch. So, usually in Moscow is long autumn (and long spring :)), till november... Unfortunately, I've never swim this summer anywhere - do you imagine! But I hope autumn and them would be more calmly and next season I'll take 2-3 weeks of vacation to rest somewhere at river or sea...
Autumn officially begins September 21 here but the actual seasonal weather could be earlier and mostly later. We have long summers and long autumns, shorter winters and shorter springs mostly. New Mexico is one of the southernmost U.S. states, roughly on the same latitude as north Africa--way south of you--but because we are at a high altitude, we do enjoy all four seasons that some southern states don't.

i'd like to retire a starving musician........

1664403439294.png

~S~

Beautress, you asked about the Fall colours. It's still pretty green here, but I'm in the most southern part of Canada. In Timmins, up in Northern Ontario, their peak colours are past already. Our cottage was near Huntsville, on Lake Vernon, and we often held Thanksgiving there, but the colours were just past their peak by Canadian Thanksgiving - 2nd Sunday in October.

Here, colours should be peaking by Thanksgiving. About a week and a half at this point.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Dragonlady almost done with recovery from knee surgery.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mindful's daughter fighting COVID.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Aspens and red maples in the fall in Fourth of July Canyon in the Manzanos just east and south of Albuquerque.
1664431213074.png

Are you under a doctor's care Dajjal? If not please consult your doctor before stopping any medication you've taken for awhile. Wishing you the best.
HI Foxy, I have not seen a doctor or psychiatrist for years. I just used to get my repeat prescriptions sent to the chemists. But the doctors have stopped doing this which means I would have to make a doctor's appointment every month to get a repeat prescription. I don't want to do that because I will risk getting covid and flu every time I sit about in the doctors waiting room.
In any case I know what they will say. They will recommend I keep taking the medication. They have no strategy for withdrawing from anti psychotic medication.

Besides I got my entire psychiatric file under the data protection act a few years ago, and I discovered that every psychiatrist I had ever seen said, in notes they thought I would never see, that I had delusional beliefs in a spirit world. They don't know crap and I don't need them telling me my experiences of the existence of spirits are delusions.

I have read accounts of other people on the internet who have come off abilify and they say that after a few weeks or months they got over the withdrawl symptoms of stopping the drug. Apparently your brain gradually readjusts to the chemical changes and you stabilize.

Last time I stopped the meds I lasted one month and the horrible withdrawl symptoms made me go back on the drug. But I was not sure they were withdrawl symptoms last time, and I did not know then that if I had held on for another month I might have recovered.

So this time I am going to take the punishment until my brain gets used to not having the drug.

HI Foxy, I have not seen a doctor or psychiatrist for years. I just used to get my repeat prescriptions sent to the chemists. But the doctors have stopped doing this which means I would have to make a doctor's appointment every month to get a repeat prescription. I don't want to do that because I will risk getting covid and flu every time I sit about in the doctors waiting room.
In any case I know what they will say. They will recommend I keep taking the medication. They have no strategy for withdrawing from anti psychotic medication.

Besides I got my entire psychiatric file under the data protection act a few years ago, and I discovered that every psychiatrist I had ever seen said, in notes they thought I would never see, that I had delusional beliefs in a spirit world. They don't know crap and I don't need them telling me my experiences of the existence of spirits are delusions.

I have read accounts of other people on the internet who have come off abilify and they say that after a few weeks or months they got over the withdrawl symptoms of stopping the drug. Apparently your brain gradually readjusts to the chemical changes and you stabilize.

Last time I stopped the meds I lasted one month and the horrible withdrawl symptoms made me go back on the drug. But I was not sure they were withdrawl symptoms last time, and I did not know then that if I had held on for another month I might have recovered.

So this time I am going to take the punishment until my brain gets used to not having the drug.
Well I can't say I approve. I would want medical supervision doing that, but you are the captain of your own ship and I wish all the best for you.

Forum List

Back