USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning, all. It's been a busy week. I have to throw that crochet into the forget it room! Nah, I'm hooked!:auiqs.jpg:

The only difference is I am using #10 crochet lace thread, not 4-ply. It takes a week to complete the ones I work on, and they have a gigillion double crochet stitches...
I do love this lady's color style. So far, on my striped one of the week, i have about 30 color rows so far, and it's only 7 inches wide, so I'm over half way there. They have to be a minimum of 10 inches, but once in a while it goes to 11 inches, depending on how sleepy the boring chore makes me. :lmao; Who needs a pattern when you have 99 different colors of crochet cotton? Love ya'll. Have to go to the hospital to visit my friend again this morning. First he fainted from not being able to breathe well, then he had a fall, then he started swelling up, and old age isn't for sissies. I can't get him flowers because in addition to all else, he has pneumonia. Put Ken on your prayer list, and hopefully by the time I get there today, he will be out of the woods. He's had a rough week.
Love ya'll.​

Last edited:
The sketchy furnace guy is here fixing my furnace. I intend to have it inspected as soon as he's finished and before the gas is turned on.

Last night's win over the Yankees took 5 years off my life. The Jays are now 3 wins away from securing a playoff spot, but they want home field advantage in the playoffs.

Rosemary has arrived and Skeezix is intriqued. She had a staring contest with Rosemary Sunday night. Since then Rosemary has been completely indifferent to the cats. Miss Kitty just liked Rosemary's heat lamp as a sleeping spot.

September 21st came and took summer with her when she left. I turned the heat on last night. I have one small electric baseboard heater in the living room. It would be enough to keep the apartment warm enough until Christmas, if push came to shove. I prefer T-shirt and shorts to jeans and sweaters, but it is Fall.

Early morning duck hunting is waking me up.

The sketchy furnace guy is here fixing my furnace. I intend to have it inspected as soon as he's finished and before the gas is turned on.

Last night's win over the Yankees took 5 years off my life. The Jays are now 3 wins away from securing a playoff spot, but they want home field advantage in the playoffs.

Rosemary has arrived and Skeezix is intriqued. She had a staring contest with Rosemary Sunday night. Since then Rosemary has been completely indifferent to the cats. Miss Kitty just liked Rosemary's heat lamp as a sleeping spot.

September 21st came and took summer with her when she left. I turned the heat on last night. I have one small electric baseboard heater in the living room. It would be enough to keep the apartment warm enough until Christmas, if push came to shove. I prefer T-shirt and shorts to jeans and sweaters, but it is Fall.

I don't mind winter clothing, but these days I handle heat better than I handle cold. For most of my life it was the other way around. So mild winters here are much appreciated. As is our furnace. :) Our heating/air conditioning services are licensed/bonded and are required to make sure there are no gas leaks, check for carbon monoxide and all that when they do their service every year. But given the history at your place, you're probably wise to check.

1664302528004.png

Have the Tamaracks turned yet? Stay warm! :huddle:
1664320887295.png

1664321219351.png
]
1664322267226.png
1664322129136.png
1664321331946.png
1664321069885.png

1664321531530.png

1664322806845.png
1664322904790.png
1664323067739.png
1664322950207.png
1664323171371.png

Damn, this thread is not so easy target to find :) Hello, how are you all? )
Hey welcome home Sbiker. I agree this isn't an easy thread to find unless you know exactly where to look. I have an icon on my computer that automatically takes me to the OP of this thread, but don't expect anybody else to do that.

I've missed you. I hope you are well and happy.

My ex LOVES that stuff. Plus he used to buy flavoured coffees. Luba's, our favourite coffee shop at St. Lawrence Market had about 30 different flavours of coffee beans and he would mix up a pound of beans, like French Vanilla, Jamaica Me Crazy, and Black Forest Cake, and then mix them with Coffeemate flavoured creamers.

I use some flavored Stevia blends to sweeten/flavor my coffee and a splash of milk to lighten it but that's just my preference. I think those commercial coffee creamers are likely harmless if a person doesn't consume a lot of it and they taste really good, but the ingredients are a bit sketchy in most. And it doesn't neutralize the acid like milk does which is important for me with my medical history.

Coffee Mate (plus whatever is in different flavorings):
  • Water
  • Sugar
  • Vegetable oil (high oleic soybean and/or high oleic canola)
  • Micellar casein (a milk derivative)
  • Mono and diglyserides
  • Dipotassium phosphate
  • Natural and artificial flavor
  • Cellulose gel
  • Cellulose gum
  • Carrageenan

Last edited:
I use some flavored Stevia blends to sweeten/flavor my coffee and a splash of milk to lighten it but that's just my preference. I think those commercial coffee creamers are likely harmless if a person doesn't consume a lot of it and they taste really good, but the ingredients are a bit sketchy in most. And it doesn't neutralize the acid like milk does which is important for me with my medical history.

Coffee Mate (plus whatever is in different flavorings):
  • Water
  • Sugar
  • Vegetable oil (high oleic soybean and/or high oleic canola)
  • Micellar casein (a milk derivative)
  • Mono and diglyserides
  • Dipotassium phosphate
  • Natural and artificial flavor
  • Cellulose gel
  • Cellulose gum
  • Carrageenan
When I went to youTube this morning, they had a whole bunch of home-made flavored creamer recipes, all different. My preference would have a cream content because it's one project that works to curb the appetite, whereas regular coffee can produce hunger, so I've read. Even some of the artificial creamers have a little fat in them as your ingredients list indicates. My homeopathic guy is a regestered in his profession, and his diagnosis was "pink eye." I remember I had that a couple of times as a child.

Didn't get a call from my Dr. so I went homeopathic and got some correctly-diluted "silver" remedy for eye infections. My sleep has been disturbed for a week or so now, so I will be napping as needed. Fortunately, the dilute silver solution got my eye open. It's allergy season again with a few leaves starting to fall off the oak trees. they're such wonderful trees for providing the best shade in the hot weather we've had. Last week, the highest temps were between 98 and 104F. The weeks leading up to that cool of weather got to 114F a couple of weeks ago. Laws of mercy, it was hot this summer.

Oh well, here I go again. I have stopped taking abilify, an anti psychotic drug for schizophernia.
Eveyone warns you against going cold turkey and recommends slowly tapering off the drug, but I have stopped it altogether. I know I am in for a rough ride because I tried it a couple of years ago. After a month I felt so bad I started taking the drug again.
But I have been looking on the internet and people say your brain chemistry returns to normal after a few weeks or months. I know my brain is dependent on the drug because of the last time I stopped. But if I can hold out for a few months of suffering my brain may stabilize.

When I went to youTube this morning, they had a whole bunch of home-made flavored creamer recipes, all different. My preference would have a cream content because it's one project that works to curb the appetite, whereas regular coffee can produce hunger, so I've read. Even some of the artificial creamers have a little fat in them as your ingredients list indicates. My homeopathic guy is a regestered in his profession, and his diagnosis was "pink eye." I remember I had that a couple of times as a child.

Didn't get a call from my Dr. so I went homeopathic and got some correctly-diluted "silver" remedy for eye infections. My sleep has been disturbed for a week or so now, so I will be napping as needed. Fortunately, the dilute silver solution got my eye open. It's allergy season again with a few leaves starting to fall off the oak trees. they're such wonderful trees for providing the best shade in the hot weather we've had. Last week, the highest temps were between 98 and 104F. The weeks leading up to that cool of weather got to 114F a couple of weeks ago. Laws of mercy, it was hot this summer.

I'm a great believer in homeopathy. My friend gave me a recipe for an herb tea which is so helpful with my asthma and allergies this time of year.

I'm getting excited for Skate Canada which starts a month from today. I'm staying with my friend in downtown Toronto, and commuting to the rink in Mississauga. My friend's condo is a 5 minute walk from the subway. There's both a grocery store and a liquor store right next door, and I can see the offices where I used to work from his balcony, so I know the area well. It's a great base of operations.

Since this is a Grand Prix event, there will be literally dozens of people I know from the skating community in attendance, some of whom I haven't seen since the last time I attended Skate Canada in 2019. There were 20 people at that dinner. The largest was in Quebec City in 2007. We had 34 at that dinner.

Sketchy furnace guy says my furnace needs to be replaced.

Oh well, here I go again. I have stopped taking abilify, an anti psychotic drug for schizophernia.
Eveyone warns you against going cold turkey and recommends slowly tapering off the drug, but I have stopped it altogether. I know I am in for a rough ride because I tried it a couple of years ago. After a month I felt so bad I started taking the drug again.
But I have been looking on the internet and people say your brain chemistry returns to normal after a few weeks or months. I know my brain is dependent on the drug because of the last time I stopped. But if I can hold out for a few months of suffering my brain may stabilize.
Are you under a doctor's care Dajjal? If not please consult your doctor before stopping any medication you've taken for awhile. Wishing you the best.

Hey welcome home Sbiker. I agree this isn't an easy thread to find unless you know exactly where to look. I have an icon on my computer that automatically takes me to the OP of this thread, but don't expect anybody else to do that.

I've missed you. I hope you are well and happy.
:) I've missed you and Coffee Shop too. I live as a squirrel in the wheel, for a many months... A lot of job, children need attention... So, my life not so regular and predictable... Sometimes it become more stable :)

How are you, what's new (except all terrible politic news, forbidden here)?
Weather is fine now. A golden autumn..

Forum List

Back