USMB Coffee Shop IV

Other than the cough, getting easily exhausted and a touchy stomach I'm doing MUCH better. :thup:
Stay hydrated. I try to keep oranges around the house and 3 makes a great virus fighter with all that Vitamin C and good stuff. However, water is needed too, for its role in hydration and the protection of cells in the eye, ears, nose, and throat, where viruses can take off if you don't drink plenty of fluids.
/silly, boring, stupid words. Just hope all goes well for your immune system to do its good thing. :thup:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. If anybody gets to go to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or any of the ports that have an Oceanario area of lovely sea critters, I'd be so jealous ... My vicarious online trip to the tropics will just have to do for the time being:

1658544710861.png
1658544793476.png
1658544825709.png

1658545415083.png
1658544982410.png
1658545093652.png
1658545229160.png

1658545588671.png
1658545638661.png
1658545789200.png
1658546223983.png
1658546505060.png
1658546016736.png
1658546388072.png

Attachments

• 1658544849453.png
    1658544849453.png
    442 KB · Views: 11
Where to live?

Someone sent me this, which l thought was interesting to share:
Which is better for senior citizens to live after retirement: Florida or Arizona?

I lived in Arizona for one summer - the heat was 112 degrees and to cool off i jumped in the jacuzzi which was only 105 degrees. That was enough for me. I also lived in Florida, in Miami, near Ft. Lauderdale, and in Clearwater, and near St. Pete beach. I enjoyed Florida more than Arizona for certain. But, as I got older, I discovered American communities in Mexico. Ajijic and San Juan Cosala and Chapala on Lake Chapala - is rumored to have the second best climate in the world. I lived there and visited the hot springs for two years.

Later, I moved to San Miguel de Allende - tons of Americans, Canadians and Europeans and it’s in the mountains, cool - lots of rich people and of course, hot springs. Later one. I moved to a beach San Patricio de Melaque - between Pueerto Vallarta and Manzanilla. Stayed there three years, Americans and Canadians, especially Canadians - love how inexpensive it is to live there. After a category 4 hurricane, we decided that - although we were safe and on a small hill - the town went under water - with storm floods and damage was extensive. We moved to Cuautla - 90 min. from Mexico City - it also has mineral springs - not hot, but healing power, all owned by the government at simple spas.

We’ve been here 5 years - bought a house - annual taxes are $44.00. Car insurance is $35 a year. Water bill $50 a year. Electricity about $35 a month, cable tv, internet, landline phone … $58 a month. Taxes are on investment gains and interest only - 16%, no other taxes for retirees. Invest $100,000 in Cetes - government investment, 7, 15,28, 60 days - rates are right now 7.5–8.1% (you pay taxes on that interest only). I have been here 19 years, have traveled through the country - lived in many great places and I have others lined up for when I’m 77 years old and sell the house - and we can travel like tourists and see the country from another great places that are there just to make us feel welcome and very happy.
Very cool.

I would like to spend some time in Mexico but the wife is afraid. We’ve been to Yuma a couple times and I tried to convince her to join a caravan of fellow RV owners, who stay on the eastern shore of the Gulf of California for the winter. She won’t do it.

Very cool.

I would like to spend some time in Mexico but the wife is afraid. We’ve been to Yuma a couple times and I tried to convince her to join a caravan of fellow RV owners, who stay on the eastern shore of the Gulf of California for the winter. She won’t do it.
They say that Arizona is the perfect place for people with allergies or who've had their share of upper respiratory illnesses. And she may prefer staying in the USA. She also may know that all those people coming over the border may have had a very good reason for leaving beautiful Mexico. Best wishes with a happy place to live in retirement.

They say that Arizona is the perfect place for people with allergies or who've had their share of upper respiratory illnesses. And she may prefer staying in the USA. She also may know that all those people coming over the border may have had a very good reason for leaving beautiful Mexico. Best wishes with a happy place to live in retirement.
She’s afraid of crime in Mexico. The drug cartels and all.

AZ is great in the winter, but I’d never want to be there in the summer. Same with Florida.

Sunrise in winter just north of Tucson.

Attachments

• B1B7F3A1-E203-4120-B772-2D66008ADF52.jpeg
    B1B7F3A1-E203-4120-B772-2D66008ADF52.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 10
She’s afraid of crime in Mexico. The drug cartels and all.

AZ is great in the winter, but I’d never want to be there in the summer. Same with Florida.

Sunrise in winter just north of Tucson.
My worry about the Baja gulf area (Sea of Cortez) is the giant squid are dangerous.
They don't all wash up on the shore every day, either.
1658605369642.png

Last edited:
Squids THAT big?
Yeah, I've been interested in sea creatures since my late husband and I visited the Oceanario that is near Lisbon, Portugal, and it is one of the most comprehensive sea museums I've ever seen. Unlike the Lisbon zoo, the Oceanario is on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean and has some creatures swimming in and out of the ocean, and other areas, within the Museum's huge complex that accommodates an aquarium big enough to hold gigantic fish and whales, etc. Other areas are carefully planned so you can see their sea horses and their relatives in the round, where you walk around round, vertical and horizontal aquariums with fascinating creatures of every kind. And every live display of small to large marine fish are something to see. It was totally mind-boggling fabulous. One thing that stood out to me about the zoo in Lisbon was that the animals looked like they were happy to be there. Not every zoo (our hobby) we visited was such an amazing experience as seeing wild animals that were treated with kindness and respect to the point of having that feeling they were happy. People training to care for zoo animals would do well to train there for a few weeks before going to work for an average zoo. We did go to one zoo in particular in our country that had animals that were so unhappy, I swear every creature there was in the lowest stages of depression. Another had only animals that had undergone taxidermy in their displays. No kiddin'. Our travel hobby was to include visiting zoos all over the country. There was one stateside we visited that had reasonably happy critters in their environmental niche wonderlands. :thup:

Yeah, I've been interested in sea creatures since my late husband and I visited the Oceanario that is near Lisbon, Portugal, and it is one of the most comprehensive sea museums I've ever seen. Unlike the Lisbon zoo, the Oceanario is on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean and has some creatures swimming in and out of the ocean, and other areas, within the Museum's huge complex that accommodates an aquarium big enough to hold gigantic fish and whales, etc. Other areas are carefully planned so you can see their sea horses and their relatives in the round, where you walk around round, vertical and horizontal aquariums with fascinating creatures of every kind. And every live display of small to large marine fish are something to see. It was totally mind-boggling fabulous. One thing that stood out to me about the zoo in Lisbon was that the animals looked like they were happy to be there. Not every zoo (our hobby) we visited was such an amazing experience as seeing wild animals that were treated with kindness and respect to the point of having that feeling they were happy. People training to care for zoo animals would do well to train there for a few weeks before going to work for an average zoo. We did go to one zoo in particular in our country that had animals that were so unhappy, I swear every creature there was in the lowest stages of depression. Another had only animals that had undergone taxidermy in their displays. No kiddin'. Our travel hobby was to include visiting zoos all over the country. There was one stateside we visited that had reasonably happy critters in their environmental niche wonderlands. :thup:

I went snorkelling in the Red Sea once. The most beautiful coral reef, stretching down to Africa I think, and exquisite fish.

Forum List

Back