USMB Coffee Shop IV

Need more prayers. I posted this in another forum upstairs....didn't want to be a downer here with folks suffering as well. But sure could use an extra dose of prayers. For Dennis..and me.

Thanks in advance.

Need more prayers. I posted this in another forum upstairs....didn't want to be a downer here with folks suffering as well. But sure could use an extra dose of prayers. For Dennis..and me.

Thanks in advance.

You have the prayers. At least daily. Sometimes more often. I read through the recent posts on the other thread and recommend that unless you have somebody with you 24/7, you don't bring him home. Nobody is strong enough to be the caretaker of a critically ill person 24/7 by themselves and you would quickly do yourself in trying. The hospital does have people there for him 24/7. Those inlaws in Arizona. Would they come to help? I fully understand why you resist the vax, but if you accepted at least one dose, they would allow you in to be with him. That might be your best bet at this time for his peace of mind and yours.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

More prayers up, Gracie. :hands: When it was my turn to lose my dearest friend in life, I was totally unprepared, even though the writing was on the wall. I think you call it denial, or whatever. It will have been six years ago on June 13. Group hug, too, going your way. :huddle:

Those inlaws in Arizona. Would they come to help? I fully understand why you resist the vax, but if you accepted at least one dose, they would allow you in to be with him.
Inlaws will not come. His brother is older than he is and just as messed up healthwise.
I will NOT get that shot. Not even for Dennis. BUT..tomorrow I go in for a covid test and if negative, I can see him same day. Hospital will accept that.

I have come to the conclusion..after MUCH studing via google, that suppliments and herbal remedies of tea, etc...have a BIG effect on IPF. Chinese medicine is leaps and bounds into such remedies. Hell, if they can make covid, they can make herbal remedies. I am not ready to let him die. Alone. If he has to die, then dammit..he can do it right here with hospice but NOT YET. I aim to fight. I want him to, too. I will talk to him tomorrow and tell him all that I have learned and I have learned A LOT.
Prayers work too. :)

Anyone object to me bringing a beer to the coffee shop?
Beer is yucky and I don't much care for any kind of booze. BUT...I WILL have a nice little glass of kahlua over milk if you are buying.

1643936687106.png

You have the prayers. At least daily. Sometimes more often. I read through the recent posts on the other thread and recommend that unless you have somebody with you 24/7, you don't bring him home. Nobody is strong enough to be the caretaker of a critically ill person 24/7 by themselves and you would quickly do yourself in trying. The hospital does have people there for him 24/7. Those inlaws in Arizona. Would they come to help? I fully understand why you resist the vax, but if you accepted at least one dose, they would allow you in to be with him. That might be your best bet at this time for his peace of mind and yours.
Gonna apply for IHSS again. They are caregivers and will be a big help. I was angry with them, but I was under a lot of stress. So...I will apologize and try again once he is out of the hospital and in to rehab nursing home (short term until his holes mend). Lets just pray he can keep that lung inflated. We won't know until he has the tubes removed from his chest. Spoke to doctor today. He actually called me. I asked for straight answers and this is what he said:

Prognosis of disease on Dennis is SEVERE. He has a small leak in the lung, which cannot be repaired (except I read that some herbs, teas, minerals etc CAN repair it naturally), that his heart is pretty much shot to hell and might not take the strain (same herbal remedies deal with the heart as well). Ventilation, he may not do well, and probably won't and is the last resort. Confer with the other doctor treating him and then make a decision.

When I asked point blank what HE would do if Dennis was his father, he said he would try everything under the sun before doing ventilation. So...that is the plan on MY end. Now it is up to dennis if he wants to try, knowing it could happen again with the lung collapsing, which he said he never wanted to experience again.

Dennis has a cast iron stomach. Nothing upsets it. NOTHING. So I think we should try herbs and stuff, along with his OFEV meds, exercise in moderation, up his oxygen levels on his tanks, breathing exercise and give his body a change to either heal...or get worse. THEN we will know what to do.

Here is my debit card. Nice meeting you.
lol. THanks. Nice meeting you too. You have been very kind.

You will be greeted soon here. This is our hidey hole. No politics, no news reports...just over the fence chitchat, prayers, laughs, greetings amongst friends that may or may not agree on other stuff but in here..we leave our weapons at the door. Welcome to the coffee shop!

Gonna apply for IHSS again. They are caregivers and will be a big help. I was angry with them, but I was under a lot of stress. So...I will apologize and try again once he is out of the hospital and in to rehab nursing home (short term until his holes mend). Lets just pray he can keep that lung inflated. We won't know until he has the tubes removed from his chest. Spoke to doctor today. He actually called me. I asked for straight answers and this is what he said:

Prognosis of disease on Dennis is SEVERE. He has a small leak in the lung, which cannot be repaired (except I read that some herbs, teas, minerals etc CAN repair it naturally), that his heart is pretty much shot to hell and might not take the strain (same herbal remedies deal with the heart as well). Ventilation, he may not do well, and probably won't and is the last resort. Confer with the other doctor treating him and then make a decision.

When I asked point blank what HE would do if Dennis was his father, he said he would try everything under the sun before doing ventilation. So...that is the plan on MY end. Now it is up to dennis if he wants to try, knowing it could happen again with the lung collapsing, which he said he never wanted to experience again.

Dennis has a cast iron stomach. Nothing upsets it. NOTHING. So I think we should try herbs and stuff, along with his OFEV meds, exercise in moderation, up his oxygen levels on his tanks, breathing exercise and give his body a change to either heal...or get worse. THEN we will know what to do.
I told you before I never give advice but I agree with your doctor. It is very difficult to get someone in his condition off the vent, and very unpleasant. I am very glad to hear the Doctor really talked to you. Do what you think is the right thing all the time until it is over and then never second guess yourself.

I just talked to Dennis. He is pondering what I told him. He is afraid. Admitted he is afraid that the lung will collapse again and he said that was awful. He reminded me of his PTSD, his COPD, his anxiety disorder, his heart...and that he is so very tired and has been fighting and not sure he can continue to do so. I told him whatever he decides, I will back him up. Whatever HE decides. But, he said he will mull it all over. I said I would not call him tomorrow..he needs a day of rest, and I will call him again or come in and see him on Sunday, depending on my covid test result.

Anyone object to me bringing a beer to the coffee shop?
Beer, tequila, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, lemonade , ,whatever warms your heart and soul. Welcome to the Coffee Shop mak2. As Gracie summarized, please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. We're happy you found us.

Okay, it's mostly to help me find the welcome posts for newcomers to the Coffee Shop, but first timers receive a complimentary beverage. Tried to find something special for you:

Not sure what this is, but it's supposed to have beer in it :)
1643939610088.png

Beer, tequila, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, lemonade , ,whatever warms your heart and soul. Welcome to the Coffee Shop mak2. As Gracie summarized, please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. We're happy you found us.

Okay, it's mostly to help me find the welcome posts for newcomers to the Coffee Shop, but first timers receive a complimentary beverage. Tried to find something special for you:

Not sure what this is, but it's supposed to have beer in it :)
View attachment 596707
Dang I will drink that, what ever it is. I put my firearm in my bedside table, I am upstairs in the living room. If i ever mention politics in here I promise to throw a dollar in the cuss jar.

Dang I will drink that, what ever it is. I put my firearm in my bedside table, I am upstairs in the living room. If i ever mention politics in here I promise to throw a dollar in the cuss jar.
LOL. We all slip every now & then and it's usually really brief and no big deal. But the $ in the cuss jar couldn't hurt. :)

Another trip to the ER this morning. Test results not as favorable as I would like but they doubled one of my heart meds and sent me home for a couple weeks to see how it works.
Oh, my favorite SFC guy who reconciled so many people with their loved one's remains that brought them so much comfort, You are in my prayers for healing. Everyone here loves you, SFC Ollie. Big hug from all of us. :huddle:

I have a puppy who's growing like a weed named Song. She's getting too big and onery for little ol me, and I'm ready for dreamland right now. Hope everyone has a good night, and that SFC Ollie gets a lot better, and that Gracie's husband gets a miracle cure. And one more hug for Gracie and family. :huddle:

Good night, all. My body hurts from chasing after Miss Shoe Eater Songie to retrieve and rescue all shoes, socks, chewed off sneaker ties,... And tomorrow, I must man the mop in the Kitchen. Love and wisdom to all... God bless us every one...

Forum List

Back