USMB Coffee Shop IV

I always found dolls creepy…I was a stuffed animal kid.
I had one classmate when in gradeschool who liked to play with dolls and the only time I ever played with dolls was when I was with her. I don't think I saw dolls as creepy as much as just not interesting. But yeah, I loved my stuffed animals and especially my small plastic horses and soldiers and stuff that I corralled or built stuff out of modeling clay for creating grand sagas in my head. I should have written some of that down.

I had one classmate when in gradeschool who liked to play with dolls and the only time I ever played with dolls was when I was with her. I don't think I saw dolls as creepy as much as just not interesting. But yeah, I loved my stuffed animals and especially my small plastic horses and soldiers and stuff that I corralled or built stuff out of modeling clay for creating grand sagas in my head. I should have written some of that down.
Oh I loved my model horses! In fact, the only use I had for Barbies was to ride them. My friend and I would create sagas about The Herd…it is fun thinking back on it!

What do you do when you despise your job so much, it makes you sick to your stomach to go to it?

People think it's just SO EASY to get another job, but it's not. It's a fulltime job looking for another job, then it's more of a fulltime job having to apply and go through all the ludicrous BS to interview for a job.........which could take anywhere from a few weeks, to a year, before you find out if you got that new job or not.

Problem is, companies do NOT want to pay a living wage, much less a wage of what you are worth in the work world. Regardless of what you see in the news, wages have gone DOWN, not up, aside from an extremely SMALL amount of fast food places.

It makes it even more difficult because job/career sites aren't built for people LOOKING for jobs, they are built for COMPANIES looking for cheap employees. I've found job listing sites pretty much useless, as they are all geared for basic info and weeding out people like me, who have worked all their lives to get a half decent wage, and cannot afford to slide BACKWARDS and take LESS to work MORE.

It's all a very nasty head game of torture and anxiety.

Nice! I gotta go there some day.
That's not all there is there, task. The Cottrell Butterfly is just one crown jewel of the Houston Natural Sciences Museum which includes a world-class Planetarium, and 3 stories of all kinds of Science exhibits including a floor of engineering milestones shown and explained. It is next door (within a half mile of beautifully kept grounds to the what used to be called the Houson Zoological Gardens, which has now been dumbed down to being called the Houston Zoo, as near as I can tell. :abgg2q.jpg: The animals there are absolutely wonderful, and their cheerfulness just shows the respect Texas folks have for animals, wild and tame. Years ago, my aunt enrolled her girls in a horse riding lessons, and one weekend they invited me to tag along and ride the trails with them on one of the tamer horses, of course. Think my cousins and I were in the third, fourth, and eighth grades at the time. I'll never forget how beautiful it was, and I wonder if its still there, because I spend so much time at the Cottrell Butterfly House and the adjoining science display, not to mention the best gift shop in the entire world! Well, if you like animals and plants, that is. Last time I went there, the Houston Garden Club was selling butterfly flowering plants for a song, in umpteen beautiful colors in one of the spacious "halls" between exhibits and the Cottrell butterfly house/museum.
1644328938520.png
1644328880965.png
1644328907068.png
1644329006413.png
1644328965856.png

1644329226704.png
1644329186957.png
1644329158034.png
1644329079251.png
1644329350748.png

1644329835378.png
1644329522565.png
1644329696283.png
1644329932609.png

Attachments

• 1644329119521.png
    1644329119521.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
He never had covid. In my opinion...its just a really bad flu pumped up like the swine flu to cause FEAR. And control.

Meanwhile........update. The prayers worked (so far). Surgeon called me at around 1pm. He had to go in DEEP, so Dennis has a HUGE incision. He said the hole in the lung was the size of a half dollar, and he patched it. The problem was his lung was tuck to the chest wall, who it kept tearing it open bigger and bigger. Well..not any more. He said the surgery took longer than expected because he was using the left lung to work on the right lung and the left lung began to have difficulties, so they had to keep reinflating the bad on, give the semi good one a break, redeflate the bad lung, do more stitching and mending, reinflating, back and forth back and forth, but from what it looks like now, its BETTER. He is ventilated, so they are weaning him off that before he wakes up, will be removing the other tubes in a few days, send him to rehab nursing like before, once healed, he can return home with his tv clicker, oxygen tanks and adjustible bed i plan to purchase for him and in general..should hang in there more years while waiting for the OFEV drug to do its work. In short..the prognosis is 3 to 11 years, depending on how his heart hold up.

Sigh. So glad this part is over and he made it thru the operation. At least for now. Things are looking up. But keep praying. I may have him home again with me within a month or so. They also said he was enimic and needed blood but he told them he does not want it because he is Jehovah Witness. I told the surgeon Dennis also hates garlic but has been getting it in his food for the past 35 years and what he doesnt know wont hurt him so if he need blood...give it to him but hide all evidence..just like I do with garlic. Surgeon laughed and said it will be our secret.

Maybe I can get well now myself, and get what needs done, done, without all this fear. And THANK YOU. But don't stop praying for him, please.
Thanks so much for the report, Gracie. Yes, I will keep praying for y'all. :texflag: ❤️🤍💙🤍💙🤍❤️🤍💙🤍💙🤍❤️ :texflag:

What do you do when you despise your job so much, it makes you sick to your stomach to go to it?

People think it's just SO EASY to get another job, but it's not. It's a fulltime job looking for another job, then it's more of a fulltime job having to apply and go through all the ludicrous BS to interview for a job.........which could take anywhere from a few weeks, to a year, before you find out if you got that new job or not.

Problem is, companies do NOT want to pay a living wage, much less a wage of what you are worth in the work world. Regardless of what you see in the news, wages have gone DOWN, not up, aside from an extremely SMALL amount of fast food places.

It makes it even more difficult because job/career sites aren't built for people LOOKING for jobs, they are built for COMPANIES looking for cheap employees. I've found job listing sites pretty much useless, as they are all geared for basic info and weeding out people like me, who have worked all their lives to get a half decent wage, and cannot afford to slide BACKWARDS and take LESS to work MORE.

Hombre and I decided early on that he would be the chief bread winner of the family and because for years he was transferred a lot I was the one who would start over and find a new job in every new town. Often I had to start out at low wages to get my foot in the door and usually got up to a good wage once I had opportunity to show my employer what I could do. But in there I had a couple of jobs I hated with a passion. Like you described I was almost physically it thinking about having to go to work. Fortunately I was able to find something else and get out of those jobs and get into something better. Sometimes that took awhile. So hope you find something you can enjoy sooner rather than later but don't give up. And try hard not to quit before you have something else to go to. Employers are often more impressed with folks who are moving up as opposed to those who are out of work.

What Foxfyre said.

I found a couple of articles from two different perspectives that my help you find a solution:

Sick again today. I have been eating only broths and a few saltines or ritz crackers, tea, etc. Was sick from 8 on wards and it finally let up at 4am. Don't know whats wrong with me. Stomach, and all the issues related to it. I hope today is better. I have so much I have to do. Wish I had a family member or friend close by to help, but I dont.

Thought I would wind up in ER last night but I kept rocking myself and praying it would go away. Finally did. But now I dread tonight. Will it return? Oy

Sick again today. I have been eating only broths and a few saltines or ritz crackers, tea, etc. Was sick from 8 on wards and it finally let up at 4am. Don't know whats wrong with me. Stomach, and all the issues related to it. I hope today is better. I have so much I have to do. Wish I had a family member or friend close by to help, but I dont.

Thought I would wind up in ER last night but I kept rocking myself and praying it would go away. Finally did. But now I dread tonight. Will it return? Oy
Do you have a doctor to call? Or even call E.R. and see what's going around. If they haven't noticed any trend in your area you might want to get checked out just in case it needs treatment. Chances are just a short term stomach bug but you've not felt well in awhile.

I always wish the best and I pray for you Gracie...

It sounds like an overload of stress exacerbating everything :(. I hope you can keep hydrated? :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back