USMB Coffee Shop IV

OMG! How much have I missed? There's too much for me to follow so I'll have to pay more attention.
I've been off work the past two weeks. Two brothers here the first week and one still here until the end of June. The partner has been banished (probably forever) and we have been getting loads of work done. Lots of clean up, lots of trees going down, lots of brush burned, and a lot of family comradery. My siblings and I have established a "party line" where we can all post and respond. I am overcoming my depression and feeling so much better. I now have a shower and a laundry, at least for summer. (Think camp or homestead.) By the time this brother leaves, the roof will be on the barn. I have found a local who can get my Deere 410 working (for a cost). Life is good. How are all the CS-ers doing?

Bye guys! See you tomorrow! :smile::bye1: :re:
1425850367.jpg

OMG! How much have I missed? There's too much for me to follow so I'll have to pay more attention.
I've been off work the past two weeks. Two brothers here the first week and one still here until the end of June. The partner has been banished (probably forever) and we have been getting loads of work done. Lots of clean up, lots of trees going down, lots of brush burned, and a lot of family comradery. My siblings and I have established a "party line" where we can all post and respond. I am overcoming my depression and feeling so much better. I now have a shower and a laundry, at least for summer. (Think camp or homestead.) By the time this brother leaves, the roof will be on the barn. I have found a local who can get my Deere 410 working (for a cost). Life is good. How are all the CS-ers doing?

So happy things are getting better for you GW. Now if you can arrange to have the surgery you so badly need, and that 'partner' is gone for good, I suspect life will get even better.

Sounds interesting. Terrible time of year to move to Florida I think, but keep us advised
The timing has been terrible, but we decided on it early in the year.

We? The plot thickens?

I've moved in with my girlfriend. I'm mostly unpacked now. I have a job interview this morning, and it turns out that over the last few days of moving, I got another job offer and a third job is expecting to have me come in for a pre-employment screening. I am not really comfortable with this sort of situation because I worry about accepting a job offer, then deciding another offer is better when I get more information, but better too many choices than not enough. :)

You always worry too much. But sounds like things are good for you now and continue to get better. I didn't know you had a girlfriend, but I'm sure she's great and deserves you and you her. (I love a good love story but really REALLY want happy endings.)

It is said that if you find the artist's feet in the pink bag in the middle of the bottom row, and work up from there, you'll see the rest of him. I'll admit so far I have been unsuccessful.

View attachment 346197
Working from the top, in the middle there is a plain sky blue bag and then a plain orange bag followed by a darker blue bag. Below this this is an ornate lime green bag next to a pink bag with tassels. The artist's head is just below these, there is a bright yellow streak running down the forehead and below that you can see the artist's nostrils. Working down to the shoes you will see the shoulders, arms, what appears to be the bottom seam of a jacket and then the legs.

It is said that if you find the artist's feet in the pink bag in the middle of the bottom row, and work up from there, you'll see the rest of him. I'll admit so far I have been unsuccessful.

View attachment 346197
Working from the top, in the middle there is a plain sky blue bag and then a plain orange bag followed by a darker blue bag. Below this this is an ornate lime green bag next to a pink bag with tassels. The artist's head is just below these, there is a bright yellow streak running down the forehead and below that you can see the artist's nostrils. Working down to the shoes you will see the shoulders, arms, what appears to be the bottom seam of a jacket and then the legs.

Brilliant. I never would have seen it. But welcome to the Coffee Shop IS_JESS_AN_ACCOUNT. New friends are always welcome here. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about and keep on joining in. Newcomers receive a complimentary beverage (though I rarely ever know what the heck it is I'm serving so what you get is sort of a crap shoot. . . .)

1592359116152.png

So happy things are getting better for you GW. Now if you can arrange to have the surgery you so badly need, and that 'partner' is gone for good, I suspect life will get even better.
I go back to work tonight, after two weeks off. My brother will be here until the 30th and he plans to continue helping get things done. And there are lots of things to do. I have cleaned up a lot of messes that didn't get there in a day or a week that require more attention.
I've missed so much here and am not as informed as to how y'all are faring so far this summer. My job has kept me out of house arrest and Alaska is pretty much open for business, with a few exceptions and some limitations. I sure was happy to visit both my hair cutter and my pedicurist.

I sure was happy to visit both my hair cutter and my pedicurist.

I haven’t used the former in decades and have never used the latter. :lol:
After I had my lengthy locks shorn I found more regular maintenance was required to keep the mop out of my face. The pedicurist is a necessity if I don't want to click on the floor like my dog does because my hips will not flex enough to allow me to maintain my tarsal claws unaided.

After I had my lengthy locks shorn I found more regular maintenance was required to keep the mop out of my face. The pedicurist is a necessity if I don't want to click on the floor like my dog does because my hips will not flex enough to allow me to maintain my tarsal claws unaided.

I didn't get my hair cut from my teens until somewhere around I turned 40, I guess. Since then I've just been shaving it myself. I keep it at just a buzz cut these days.

Hi all, finally back to getting things done around the house with the wife coming up with new projects despite others not being completed yet. Her latest was she wanted one of her Mexican blankets hung over the headboard. Some of you have already seen the finished work in Arts and Crafts. For those who haven't here it is........

Rug over bed.jpg

Yeah, I'm showing off........ It's what I do best....... :)

My lengthy locks initially succumbed to my DNA...... Originally my Indian side wanted scalp my European side but the European genes won out resulting in a receding hairline that left me with a Ben Franklin style....... Finally got tired of that and now I just use my Wahl electric clippers and buzz cut every couple of weeks.
Sometimes I do consider dunking my head in a bucket of Nair so I don't have to worry about it....... :eusa_whistle:

My lengthy locks initially succumbed to my DNA...... Originally my Indian side wanted scalp my European side but the European genes won out resulting in a receding hairline that left me with a Ben Franklin style....... Finally got tired of that and now I just use my Wahl electric clippers and buzz cut every couple of weeks.
Sometimes I do consider dunking my head in a bucket of Nair so I don't have to worry about it....... :eusa_whistle:

You mean India ~ British Empire?

Desperately need a pedicure. Vietnamese nail salons are springing up around every corner.

And this is Germany!

I read this week that Dr. Faucci has now recommended that schools reopen. But the question remains whether the students should wear masks at school. Some thoughts (not mine but just some thoughts) of how masks might work out in elementary school:

Please don’t snap Billy's mask in his face.

Your mask is not a necklace, bracelet, or any other form of jewelry.

You should not be using your mask as a slingshot. Please put it back on your face.

Please do not chew on your mask.

Your mask should be on your face, not on the back of your head

I’m sorry your mask is wet, but that's what happens when you lick the inside of it.

I’m sorry you sneezed. Here's a tissue. Wipe out the snot as well as you can.

No, you may not blow your nose in your mask.

Why is your mask soaking wet? You just came back from the bathroom?
And you put it back on your face after you dropped it?

I’m sorry you broke the elastic on your mask by seeing how far the band would stretch. Now you'll have to hold the mask on your face ... or use this duct tape.

Please take the mask off your eyes and watch where you're walking. I don’t care if you have X-ray vision.

Please take the mask off of your pencil and stop twirling it.

I know the mask fits over your pants like a knee pad, but please take it off of your leg and put it on your face.

What do you mean you tried to eat your lunch through your mask?

Please don't share your mask or trade masks. I don’t care if you like Ingrid's mask better than yours.

I’m sorry, but your mask is not school appropriate.

We're not comparing our masks to other kids' masks… everyone’s mask is unique and special.

No, you may not decorate your mask instead of doing your work. I don’t care if you have a Sharpie.

You're not a pirate, please take your mask off your eye.

Try to get the gum off as much as you can.

Please don't use your mask to pick your nose.

I’m sorry you tripped, but that’s what happens when you put your feet inside the elastic of your mask.

No, your mask doesn't make it hard to get your work done.

Your Mom will need to get you a new mask since you chewed a hole in that one.

Why is there a shoe print on your mask?

No, you cannot eat the snow through your mask.

I don’t care if you were in art class and being creative; we do not decorate our masks.

We do not beam other kids in the face with balls. No, their masks don’t make it not hurt.

Please don't plug your nose holes with your mask.

Who's making that noise?

I’m sorry your ponytail is stuck, that’s what happens when you see how many times you can wrap it around your mask.

I’m sorry to tell you, but your child thought her mask made her a superhero. She tried to fly off the jungle gym at recess …

I’m sorry your breath stinks in your mask, maybe we should all try to brush better.

Please take those cookies out of your mask. No, you are not a chipmunk.
My wife is a first grade teacher. Her school are debating this issue. I believe masks will not be mandatory.

Forum List

Back